ADVERTISEMENT

I watched the first half and it was a very

UNIVKY

All-SEC
May 21, 2002
entertaining, well played game.........except for the horrible SEC refs.

I recorded the second half and just now saw the score.

What????? I mean how ????? I mean are you kidding me?????

Reactions: STL_Cat
I kept tabs on the recording (not the game) and it seemed to be taking a really long time to finish ....figured there was a couple of overtimes. Man, was I ever wrong.

entertaining, well played game.........except for the horrible SEC refs.

I recorded the second half and just now saw the score.

What????? I mean how ????? I mean are you kidding me?????
Arkansas was in a comfortable place mentally after a pretty good first half. They knew that they would not be challenged defensively by Kentucky's porous and poor fundamental defense. We especially, among so many god-awful indictments to our defense, cannot protect the damn rim. It started poorly with our sleepwalking to start the second half with lousy offensive execution, and the game was over after they scored the first six to go up 47-40. We were schooled in every phase of the game, and I'm not sure our guys minded it that much. If we do not or cannot show some pride in our defense for the rest of this season, we could lose them all. I'm appalled that we are not better.

Reactions: rupp876 and UNIVKY
Wasn't feeling great tonight because of my covid so turned the game off. Thank God for Covid.

Arkansas made adjustments, we didn't. UK also wore out and the lack of a PG killed us.

Team came out flat and Arkansas hit everything. Over before the under 16 time out.
Cason Wallace gave them at least four points early in the second half. We overcame that and cut the lead to 6, even 5, but Livingston and Wallace were the only guys who could score and our defense was terrible - starting with Oscar.

Reactions: studentcat
in addition to the turnovers. Toppin shot us out of the game with three straight misses (two were bad shots) and also missed two free throws when he did attack the rim. That’s 4 empty possessions. Arkansas scored to counter them. Six from turnovers plus those eight…14 points ball game

It was all about defense as well in the first half. I thought Kentucky looked as good as they did against Kansas on offense in the early part of that game. However, giving up easy paint scores defensively or wide open 3's never allowed us any substantial lead while we were on. Second half our offense went downhill and our defense remained the same.....none.

ADVERTISEMENT