ADVERTISEMENT

I was sitting in a restaraunt last night checking boxscores of games and....

Apr 4, 2006
with just over 7 minutes to go in the Duke game Duke had been called for 4 fouls. Not in the 2nd half mind you but in the entire game. How is that even possible to play 33 minutes and be called for 4 fouls? I am pretty sure we've had a game or two where we were called for 4 fouls in one trip down the floor. I checked again this morning and they were only called for 6 in the entire game. That doesn't seem possibly no matter how good you are defensively and Duke is terrible defensively. Then again they were playing at Cameron.

Duke played zone the whole game. VT either took a 3 or passed inside and their guy in there missed or got blocked. No pressure D on the ball, not much driving. Think there was 1 foul in 1st half on Duke.

I actually prefer they get this treatment in regular season.
Usually leads to a game called even in tournament and they don’t know how to handle that.

Reactions: LordEgg
UK plays a lot of zone this year and we still get called for 8-12 every half.
I'm not sure how you can watch our team all year and not know that this year, we're sloppy, undisciplined, frequently out of position, don't talk defensively and are a "team" in name only. That's why we foul all the time. To try to compare us to Duke this year is a joke.

Reactions: westerncat
Lemme guess, Duke shot 40 FTs as well?

Regardless they have that first weekend exit written all over then this year.
We can hope,K is sitting Bagley right now.I think he(K) is trying to do a few things differently,he can't win the regular season so he may try to win the ACC tourney and let Bilas lobby for a one seed based on that.He will have Bagley rested and the others more comfortable playing without him.

Any misfortune that can befall Duke is a good thing.

Reactions: the stat man
Because Gabriel doesn't play for Duke. Flailing around always hitting someone on the arm as they put in a two footer.

The ACC doesn't play as rough and tumble as the SEC in my opinion. I am not going to get my head chopped off for calling out Referees this season, because our team has self inflicted enough damage by themselves, but it sure looked like Auburn was crawling all over them on every rebound, and we got whistled for just acting like we wanted a rebound. Whistle happy can completely change a game even if they even out the calls during course of game.

with just over 7 minutes to go in the Duke game Duke had been called for 4 fouls. Not in the 2nd half mind you but in the entire game. How is that even possible to play 33 minutes and be called for 4 fouls? I am pretty sure we've had a game or two where we were called for 4 fouls in one trip down the floor. I checked again this morning and they were only called for 6 in the entire game. That doesn't seem possibly no matter how good you are defensively and Duke is terrible defensively. Then again they were playing at Cameron.

Bullshit. Let's get @JFCats22 to explain this. I'm sure he'll spin it to be anti-UK..

ADVERTISEMENT