ADVERTISEMENT

I think UK is FF bound if this is our bracket

HerrosHeroes

All-American
Aug 16, 2018

ESPNs South Bracket that is.
That said its a pipe dream. The Committee would never give a low seeded UK team a chance at a Regional in Louisville.

We literally would have to win out including the SECT and get the #2 seed opposite of #1 Purdue for the Committee to put UK in the South.
Because they would look extremely biased under that scenario if they did not!

However, 28-6 (and riding an 18 gm win streak) esp. with who we could beat may garner the last #1 seed if things break our way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cats192

That said its a pipe dream. The Committee would never give a low seeded UK team a chance at a Regional in Louisville.

We literally would have to win out including the SECT and get the #2 seed opposite of #1 Purdue for the Committee to put UK in the South.
Because they would look extremely bias under that scenario if they did not!

However, 28-6 (and riding an 18 gm win streak) esp. with who we could beat may garner the last #1 seed if things break our way.
Illinois has the same record as us and they are a 6 and we are an 11?…….

Before you say SouthCarolina, they’ve lost by 22 to Missouri, 13 to Northwestern, and by 15 at home to Indiana and I’m aware they have beaten UCLA and Texas. Is their resume stronger possibly, but not 5 seed lines.

Last edited:
If Arkansas is an 8 and Nick Smith is back, they are beating whatever 1 seed they run into. They prob have the most NBA talent in the country.

Reactions: EliteBlue
If Arkansas is an 8 and Nick Smith is back, they are beating whatever 1 seed they run into. They prob have the most NBA talent in the country.
That does not always equate to success in the Dance as we can surely attest.

Let's make the tournament first. This small winning streak against mostly mediocre competition has really bedazzled some of the blue-blinders crowd.

Even if we make the tourney, it would take a 2014-type run to go deep. This team isn't nearly as talented as that one.

Reactions: dl51344

Because they would look extremely biased under that scenario if they did not!

Cal lost to St. Peter's. I'll never predict a FF based on any bracket.

Reactions: dl51344 and STL_Cat
Cal lost to St. Peter's. I'll never predict a FF based on any bracket.
Upset by St Peters. But unlike when Duke and UVA and Kansas and Georgetown, etc got upset St Peters went on to win 2 more games and ended up in the E8. Those others were beat in their next game.

That says St Peters was way underseeded. We were probably over seeded as a 2. It wasn't all that big of an upset. We were a 2 man team last year and one man was hurt.

Upset by St Peters. But unlike when Duke and UVA and Kansas and Georgetown, etc got upset St Peters went on to win 2 more games and ended up in the E8. Those others were beat in their next game.

That says St Peters was way underseeded. We were probably over seeded as a 2. It wasn't all that big of an upset. We were a 2 man team last year and one man was hurt.
It wasn't that big of an upset ...

😆 😆😆😆😆😆

It wasn't that big of an upset ...

😆 😆😆😆😆😆
It wasn’t. We weren’t that good. 2 man team and one of those hurting.

We started Wheeler. We had one pro on the team and he’s been spending time in the G League this year.

• Haha
Reactions: STL_Cat
Whatever you need to tell yourself. I was at the game and UK shit the bed in historic fashion. Looked like clowns out there. Unprepared doesn’t even begin to describe it.
I don’t need to tell myself anything. They were better at 3 positions.

One pro on the team and he wasn’t 100%.

It wasn’t a fluke game by St Peters. They went on to beat Murray State and Purdue.

We started Wheeler.

Our team couldn’t guard. And we started Wheeler in a tournament game!!

ADVERTISEMENT