ADVERTISEMENT

I think PJ Washington will be the best prospect on the team

Jul 23, 2002
To me his versatility is what makes him the best prospect. I watched him play in high school dude has the type of game and leadership that can lead the cats to the title in April.

Dude is 6'8 220lbs and scouts refer to him as a "positionless" player. Has a motor, crashes the boards, can finish and is built like fridge. Yeah I agree with you. I think he can be a standout on a team with a lot of size and raw talent.

Reactions: smooth as butter
To me his versatility is what makes him the best prospect. I watched him play in high school dude has the type of game and leadership that can lead the cats to the title in April.
You are probably right that Washington will be the best player on our basketball team this year. The reasons will be that he 1 of the best rebounders in the country, he has a warrior mentality, he runs the floor, and his scoring skills are already pretty advanced for the level.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
We have so many weapons, it's just hard to imagine that someone has to come off the bench.

Lots of people saying Washington has to start and Vanderbilt has to start, then you look at Gabriel, who is the only returning starter on the squad. Two of those guys are coming off the bench because there are just not enough starting spots. That's crazy!

That should give us a reason to be pretty positive about this team. On paper, we have the most depth we have had since 2015. Especially along the frontline. Experience is the only thing this team really lacks. And we have seen in the past that experience is overrated when it comes to Cal's teams.

We have so many weapons, it's just hard to imagine that someone has to come off the bench.

Lots of people saying Washington has to start and Vanderbilt has to start, then you look at Gabriel, who is the only returning starter on the squad. Two of those guys are coming off the bench because there are just not enough starting spots. That's crazy!

That should give us a reason to be pretty positive about this team. On paper, we have the most depth we have had since 2015. Especially along the frontline. Experience is the only thing this team really lacks. And we have seen in the past that experience is overrated when it comes to Cal's teams.
So you're saying platoon?

I kid.

I think to start the season there are only four locks, imo.

Green, Diallo, Knox, and Gabriel.

If it were me (and I'm not worth a nickel to coach the team, but still), I would start out with;

Green
Diallo
Knox
Washington
Gabriel

Vanderbilt as 6th man (not because he may not be the best overall player, either.. but rather ease him in off his amputation).

Then I'd ease Richards and Tai into the starting line up and bring them along with production.

Obviously SGA will get good minutes backing up the one and two.

That line up should be able to wear teams down.
I'm guessing Washington could man the block against most teams for decent minutes with Richards (length) and Tai (strength) manning the bigger centers.

Idk man, I feel like people are sleeping on Washington.

I think Green will be the glue that holds this team together and overall Mvp. I am so pumped about this team. I think by March no one will be able to play with us.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Idk man, I feel like people are sleeping on Washington.
Probably true. But that won't last long, once everyone sees him play in blue and white. We haven't had a dominant rebounding forward like Washington since Julius Randle. But Washington has better scoring skills than Randle.

Probably true. But that won't last long, once everyone sees him play in blue and white. We haven't had a dominant rebounding forward like Washington since Julius Randle. But Washington has better scoring skills than Randle.

Hope you are right.

Several very knowledgeable posters (including yourself) are very high on him, so I am looking forward to him playing for us.

Love the Randle comparison, but Randle was a top 5 recruit, while Washington is a top 15. I will have to see it to believe it.

I have seen Washington play. He is versatile but i really don't think he will be a dominant rebounder. I also doubt that he is 6'8". He is an excellent passer with some good skills but he may be a tweener

I think he could be our most productive player. But, the best prospect in terms of the NBA is Knox (Diallo if he can knock down the 3).

I remember watching AD battle the Cats in Freedom Hall when Digger and Joe B had that annual game. Then watching him for the Pistons. Undersized to battle in the paint, but slashing and doing it all over the floor. Washington reminds me of Dantley.

I have seen Washington play. He is versatile but i really don't think he will be a dominant rebounder. I also doubt that he is 6'8". He is an excellent passer with some good skills but he may be a tweener

Recently saw him listed at 6'7" some say 6'8" but he can play. The only fault I've seen is his need for improvement from the foul line. Everything else he is a baller!

This year we are loaded with talent and weapons. We have PJ, Vanderbilt, and Knox all 6'8 220 and all 3 can shoot and take it to the basket. When watching the all-star games this past year I really thought that Vanderbilt was the best player in the all-star games with Knox and PJ right there with him. Then we saw how well Diallo and PJ played for Coach Cal in the USA U19 tourney and we are going to have a powerful team. We also have Quade Green that is an assist machine and is also a good shooter with Alexander getting praise from all the experts with his shooting and drive to the basket. Then with Diallo back and having Richards, Gabriel, SKJ, and Wynyard this team has an outstanding chance to get to the Final Four and to win a National Championship! We know Coach Cal has once again 2 teams if he wanted to use the platoon system but Coach Cal has said he wouldn't use the Platoon system again. We do have one team with Green, Diallo, Washington, Knox, and RIchards and the second team could be Alexander, Baker, Vanderbilt, Gabriel, and SKJ. There could be many combinations that Coach Calipari use in the Platoon System with the 10-11 players that Kentucky has this year but Coach Cal has said he wouldn't use the Platoon system again at UK. This team is for sure loaded and has many weapons to get us to another Final Four and a chance at another National Championship!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT