ADVERTISEMENT

I think Cal will have a 40-0 team before he hangs it up.

Not sure when this will happen. But I believe it will. He will have to have a mega class of 5 guys and have a couple of guys return for there Sophomore season. Give him 7 studs in the rotation.
A group with a couple shooters. A wing defender and Great PG and a rim protecter and a low post scorer.
Call me crazy but I think this will happen and he will walk off into the sunset.
I think he had his chance but ran into that hot Wisconsin team. He's always going to recruit great players but it'll just keep getting harder and harder to get 5 of the elite of the elite as the years go on. The SEC seems to be getting better too. Plus I'm biased I don't want to see it

If a team were to go 40-0 then it's a National Title year - obviously

I have zero issues with that scenario

I'm not sure folks realize how incredibly difficult 40 - 0 is. We could have an extremely good team and not do that with our schedule. Also, the conference is improving, clearly, making this even more difficult. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's a '68 Beamon type achievement.

I don't think it will ever happen, there will still be times where 8 against 5 will be obvious. If you could ever have 3 unbiased refs, it would be possible. I don't think it will ever happen again.

ADVERTISEMENT