ADVERTISEMENT

I think Cal will have a 40-0 team before he hangs it up.

kennywalker34

Freshman
Jan 16, 2016
Not sure when this will happen. But I believe it will. He will have to have a mega class of 5 guys and have a couple of guys return for there Sophomore season. Give him 7 studs in the rotation.
A group with a couple shooters. A wing defender and Great PG and a rim protecter and a low post scorer.
Call me crazy but I think this will happen and he will walk off into the sunset.

I think it could happen in 2018-19, especially if the players we get next year are good, but not NBA ready talents who would return for their sophomore season.

Add a senior Humphries and a #1 class, and it's definitely possible.

Reactions: TheFolker and Wvvrn
Only way it will happen is if we have spectacular freshman who are suppose to be OAD and come back for their sophmore year. We almost did it with Towns and Co. Until that happens again, can we please stop with the 40-0 bs?

Reactions: H00SIER-Cat
Only way it will happen is if we have spectacular freshman who are suppose to be OAD and come back for their sophmore year. We almost did it with Towns and Co. Until that happens again, can we please stop with the 40-0 bs?
I never said when it was gonna happen. Only that I believe it will happen before Cal walks away.

Undefeated is gonna be tough but not unattainable. The future is bright no doubt.

Think we may have moved beyond the time when the SEC was so bad as to allow undefeated teams.
Sec looks to be really improved. I may very well be wrong but I believe if he stays here a while it will happen despite stronger SEC.

Think we may have moved beyond the time when the SEC was so bad as to allow undefeated teams.
Maybe. Hopefully. But the culture of the South is what it is. We've got some good new coaches. White at Florida in particular looks like he's gonna have a great career. But, I don't know - won't be shocked if this week turns out to be illusory or fleeting.....

Reactions: JasonS.
I don't give a crap about going undefeated and no one else cares either. I'd take losing 10 games a year as long as won a national title.

History doesn't remember anyone but the champion and even then, they don't care the slightest about what your record was. They just see the name and the trophy.

I think it could happen in 2018-19, especially if the players we get next year are good, but not NBA ready talents who would return for their sophomore season.

Yep, that could be the year. Lose Diallo and Bamba (if we get him) and get Romeo and Bagley.

I don't give a crap about going undefeated and no one else cares either. I'd take losing 10 games a year as long as won a national title.

History doesn't remember anyone but the champion and even then, they don't care the slightest about what your record was. They just see the name and the trophy.
If we go undefeated that would mean a championship is included.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
If we go undefeated that would mean a championship is included.

I get it but that streak hangs over you like a burden. It's too heavy. I also think you need a loss to grow and improve. That's why I was glad we lost in the 2012 SEC Tourney. We played like crap the day before that vs Florida. We needed that to re-focus. I knew we'd win it after that.

2015 never got that chance. I bet a regular season loss would have made them feel more relaxed.

Not really into the 40-0 stuff. It's nice to talk and dream about, I guess, but winning #9 is all I really care about and I don't care how many losses we have in a season as long as we go 6-0 at the finish. Would I be happy and celebrate a 40-0 season by UK? Of course, it would be a great accomplishment, but I've moved on from that sort of thought, personally, and just want to win a few more titles while Cal is here. Sorry if that offends anyone but just how I feel.

Reactions: thebluestripes

You actually believe that???? An undefeated team with a title would be a team of a century. Nobody will even remember who won a title 10 years ago and the specific year. Everyone would remember an undefeated title team. We all remember the 76' Hoosiers. Do you remember the champs in 81? 83? 89? Of course you don't.

Reactions: JoeBeeHall
I get it but that streak hangs over you like a burden. It's too heavy. I also think you need a loss to grow and improve. That's why I was glad we lost in the 2012 SEC Tourney. We played like crap the day before that vs Florida. We needed that to re-focus. I knew we'd win it after that.

2015 never got that chance. I bet a regular season loss would have made them feel more relaxed.
I'll never believe a loss helps a team. The same thing can be accomplished with a close win.

You actually believe that???? An undefeated team with a title would be a team of a century. Nobody will even remember who won a title 10 years ago and the specific year. Everyone would remember an undefeated title team. We all remember the 76' Hoosiers. Do you remember the champs in 81? 83? 89? Of course you don't.

Actually, I do. I have an excellent memory and can recite the champs by year from the very start in 1939.

(Indiana, NCST, Michigan :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)
(UNC, Houston, Seton Hall runner ups)

Just get the banner. That's what matters and it adds to the legacy. Whether we go 30-10 or 40-0, we still get a banner, the trophy & everyone recognizes you as the champ and you don't deal with the added pressure).

What the hell does this have to do with possibly going undefeated?

Um we nearly went 40-0 with that team, we went 38-1. Which is the closest anyone has been. So therefore the platoon system as of now has resulted in the closet thing to 40-0. It's so easy to see the connection, if you can't see it then, I am truly sorry...

Um we nearly went 40-0 with that team, we went 38-1. Which is the closest anyone has been. So therefore the platoon system as of now has resulted in the closet thing to 40-0. It's so easy to see the connection, if you can't see it then, I am truly sorry...
Small sample size man, so I can see clearly that you're extrapolating from one season's results using platooning. WAY too many variables involved each year to confidently lean on platooning as the sole reason we went 38-1.

Small sample size man, so I can see clearly that you're extrapolating from one season's results using platooning. WAY too many variables involved each year to confidently lean on platooning as the sole reason we went 38-1.

Look, what other sample size will we have? Please enlighten me on what other team went 38-1? Right now, the Platoon system of Freshman and key Sophmores coming back is the ONLY sample we have for 38-1. We have NO other samples. My argument will and always will be, that we need a blend of one and done and returning freshman. Whether that is via platoon system or a short 7-8 man rotation like 2012 that is what we need potentially. So next time before you open your mouth dude, think for you speak.

Look, what other sample size will we have? Please enlighten me on what other team went 38-1? Right now, the Platoon system of Freshman and key Sophmores coming back is the ONLY sample we have for 38-1. We have NO other samples. My argument will and always will be, that we need a blend of one and done and returning freshman. Whether that is via platoon system or a short 7-8 man rotation like 2012 that is what we need potentially. So next time before you open your mouth dude, think for you speak.
I'm degreed in thinking before I speak. They teach engineers to quantify our conclusions, not go off of gut or sample sizes of 1 to deduct an outcome.

Indiana went undefeated. Did they platoon?

UNLV nearly did...did they platoon?

San Francisco went undefeated...did they platoon?

UNC has gone undefeated...did they platoon?

UCLA went undefeated FOUR TIMES....did they platoon?

There's 8 against 1 in sampling that shows platooning doesn't equate to an undefeated, or nearly-undefeated season.

Gonzaga this year could go 39-1...do they platoon?

Next time you challenge me to "think" before I speak, do your research.

A loss shows you're not invincible. If you always win, you think you can't be beaten.
I agree with you 100%. I know the loss to Miss.ST. IN 96 SECT helps us big time to win the whole thing. I know we lost to Cal and UMASS earlier in the season but still before Miss st loss we were on a long winning streak.
I alos think the Vandy loss in SECT in 12 helped us. I believe had we lost say in the SECT in 15 we would have had a better shot at winning it all.
Still I started this thread because I really believe that before he leaves Cal is going to pull this off 40-0. and walk away.
The haters in the media's head will explode if he pulls this off.

Reactions: YourPublicEnemy

This would be the year
We're likely getting Bagley, Naz, Shareef, Quickley, Khavon Moore, Jaedon LeDee and maybe Smart

ADVERTISEMENT