ADVERTISEMENT

I stumbled across the biggest Cal slurping group in the world on Facebook.

• Thread starter anon_ce2llurbpkli4
  • Start date
On the contrary. I believe most that want Cal gone are frustrated fans whose frustration comes out in a plethora of ways.
Although I believe some to be pot stirrer's that enjoy the attention it gets them, I still believe the majority of the anti Cal group are loyal fans that want their beloved program to return to respectability.
Gone are the days when we expected to win or be in every game and a loss was a stepping stone to improvement and a motivation to get better.
Listen to Cameron on the pregame and hear the frustration in his not so subtle take on Ky.
I see the utter stupidity of such a ludicrous, insane contract that has the signature of the UK administration.
Of course Cal would agree to a lifetime contract that was so slanted his way.
Application:
I feel compassion for the disgruntled fan, but I don't appreciate the lashing out, baiting post's on both sides of the equation.
But that's the unfortunate part of life.
Ky was once a feared experience for other teams.
Now we're just another game on the schedule .
We want our respect back.
I can't believe that the administration too, has to be concerned, but they don't know how to get out of a deep hole they dug for themselves.
But what’s any of that have to do with my post? It’s just a regurgitation from the malcontent playbook. The administration or contract holders are not practicing the histrionics displayed on malcontent social media outlets. They do not appear to be considering vacating the contract much less inclined to raise the considerable assets needed to do so. Further, the economy is in shreds right now. It’s a really bad time to cash out holdings needed to raise that sort of money.

Given this, my point still stands. Neither party of that contract appears ready or even willing to break it.

But what’s any of that have to do with my post? It’s just a regurgitation from the malcontent playbook. The administration or contract holders are not practicing the histrionics displayed on malcontent social media outlets. They do not appear to be considering vacating the contract much less inclined to raise the considerable assets needed to do so. Further, the economy is in shreds right now. It’s a really bad time to cash out holdings needed to raise that sort of money.

Given this, my point still stands. Neither party of that contract appears ready or even willing to break it.
Deepest sympathies and condolences.

back in the mid 90's CNN and SI had a message board called of course CNNSI. I'm not sure why they had a joint merger back then. There are still a handful of people that post here that were on it back then. It actually predated the internet boards, it was on Compuserve, a nationwide bulletin board back in the day and migrated over to the internet a few years later.

In terms of moderation, there was hardly any, but the UK/Duke/UNC basketball boards were on fire. The would get roughly 10K posts a month on each forum and the smack talk was pretty epic. There was alot of pride, and to be honest, it was tough to be a UK fan because Pitino hadn't really done anything yet so our last title was '78. Then '95 came around and UK was the darling on sportscenter and all was right in the world of trash talk basketball again.

Anyways, over time those boards slowly started being infiltrated with people who did not enjoy the rivalry aspect of it, wanted to have a board where only their fans would post and wanted it heavily moderated. The UNC board in particular had a couple of people who demanded threads be locked whenever someone said anything against the program.

It was kinda like someone from Portland moving to the Texas Panhandle or vice versa.

I personally sent multiple people over to whatever this version was back then - Rainman's board maybe? which would have been nirvana for those people.

It wasn't for everyone but its the most fun I've had on a message board. Hundreds of thousands of fans for college, pro, Euro sports whatever were there back when Bill Gates hadn't made it easy for any moron with a keyboard to chime in.

Unfortunately all good things must come to an end, Yahoo bought the boards, it took them about 2 weeks to realize that was the least family friendly place on the internet and shut it all down.

That was about give or take 2 years after Tubby won the championship so all those people, used to saying whatever was on their mind without any filter jumped in thinking Rainman's board was the same thing.

It was a time of adjustment for everyone, but I will say I made some lifelong friends from those boards, a few of them are UNC and Duke fans.

Last edited:
Reactions: entropy13
If you're doing that kind of crap, using facebook might be the least of your problems.
People who do not work in my field work don’t know how many children are abusing or neglecting their children on a dail basis. Example: mother having sex with her 9 year old son.

• Wow
Reactions: Ugoff
I am on Facebook and am one of the last of the Gen Xer's. Honestly, it is what you make of it or allow it to be. I rarely post things to my own page but, interact with lots of people from all over the country in groups that share similar hobbies. I couldn't do that anywhere else. I buy and sell electronics in those groups and generally just exchange knowledge. Sure, it can be a time waster but, compared to something as inane as TikTok, I think FB is generally harmless.

"Why is Cal expected to do anything different than a professor of a university? Should a professor be fired or expected to make sure all his students pass with straight A's (no losses in a season)? "

Yes. If all the students fail, fire the teacher. If most students succeed and one student fails, it's probably the fault of the student. If everyone fails, the teacher failed.

Always yelling at your students doesn't constitute teaching no more than yelling at your kids constitutes parenting. I don't see much player development from all those "lessons."
Player development is truly lacking. Most of the time, players regress

When your students keep failing their "tests", then yes, something is wrong with either the teacher or the way that teachers teaches.
A coaches job is to win, period. A professor's job is to teach, period. It is not the job of the professor to find a job for his/her students nor is it their place to bash those who supports his/her department with large grants when those supporting that department questions how their money is being spent when all the students keep failing.

Practices are for the coach; games are a test for the players to see what they have learned. Either we are getting players who are unteachable or our coach is not teaching the right things in practice.

I bet many professors would love to make 9 million a year with any consequences and no answer to anyone.
While I generally agree with this premise, I think that a teacher or a coach can have to teach you to do things the right way, which will cause you to struggle until you start doing them the right way. Eventually, you figure it out and get an A on your final.

I'm not defending this season, but I do think we are playing better and the players are starting to learn things that they hadn't learned yet early. I know that is Cal's fault. But, if they are playing better I'm all for it.

My biggest gripe is that Cal continues to play non scorers together. I watched youtube videos tonight of the 96 and 98 championship runs and every person on the floor could shoot open threes. We have two that I trust and CJ couldn't throw it in the ocean right now, so one. I still want CJ to shoot open shots though. I think he will eventually get hot. It makes me think about how everyone says Booker should have played against Wisconsin. In January and half of February, that kid couldn't miss. But late February and March, he couldn't throw a ball into a pond if he was standing next to it.

Let's go Wildcats.

While I generally agree with this premise, I think that a teacher or a coach can have to teach you to do things the right way, which will cause you to struggle until you start doing them the right way. Eventually, you figure it out and get an A on your final.

I'm not defending this season, but I do think we are playing better and the players are starting to learn things that they hadn't learned yet early. I know that is Cal's fault. But, if they are playing better I'm all for it.

My biggest gripe is that Cal continues to play non scorers together. I watched youtube videos tonight of the 96 and 98 championship runs and every person on the floor could shoot open threes. We have two that I trust and CJ couldn't throw it in the ocean right now, so one. I still want CJ to shoot open shots though. I think he will eventually get hot. It makes me think about how everyone says Booker should have played against Wisconsin. In January and half of February, that kid couldn't miss. But late February and March, he couldn't throw a ball into a pond if he was standing next to it.

Let's go Wildcats.
As someone who knows a little about this subject, a coach or teacher must have more than one way of teaching a skill. Not everyone hears what you are saying the same.
Example: if you leave your house to go to the store but the road is blocked for some reason, if you only know one way to the store, then you will sit there waiting unless you know another way to get there.
Students, players are the same.
If we have a player who is not playing for making the same mistakes over and over, then it is on the coach first to figure out why. If it is truly the player then the player needs to leave since they will be able to play in the system the coach has.
Coaches, good ones that is, have multiple ways to reach players. My way or the highway approach will lose as many players as those who make it.
This is especially true these days.
Kenny Payne finally found a way to get the attention of his starters the other night by benching them all in favor of subs and walk ons. I am anxious to see if the starters carry over that learning experience.
You are 100% correct on our shooters.
CJ not hitting in games but in practice shows me this is all mental.
The basketball is the same size; same court, same coaches, players around him, but the result is different.
Same thing for the coach.

I joined it. These people are disgusting human beings. See how long I get away with subtle digs and jabs. What a bunch of BUMS.
you sound very disturbed . maybe a mental health professional could help with the hate

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT