ADVERTISEMENT

I stumbled across the biggest Cal slurping group in the world on Facebook.

• Thread starter anon_ce2llurbpkli4
  • Start date
A

anon_ce2llurbpkli4

it’s called True Kentucky Basketball BBN Fans- No Cal Bashing or Haters.

Here’s a sample post from one of its members:

“I typed this out as a reply to a Cal hater discussing why anyone cares about the NBA and why Cal doesn't focus on "having Great College Players"

What is the purpose of college Coach Professor or a Teacher who is teaching kids the ages of UK basketball players?
Let's look at that a little. A Fan thinks a coach is only supposed WIN EVERY GAME SO THEYCAN BE HAPPY AS A FAN.
I look at it differently. Let's look at Cal as a highly paid Professor at UK (A Coach/Teacher of the game) His goal/job is to teach kids and get them to be successful in college, teach them skill they don't have or still learning and hopefully make it into their career of choice...all the while trying to win basketball games to keep the FAN happy.
If their first job is the NBA, great, he is preparing them for that. If it is in accounting, great. A doctor, great!
His job is to teach his kids/students how to be a part of a team (workforce) and fill a role (prominent or not). His job is teaching a person who only "practices" and doesn't get the "publicity" (like and accountant in back room of a successful business) to fill that role and do their part to help the company. His job is to teach kids how to look at adversity and how to power through it towards success.
To me, a loss is like a kid "failing a chemistry test" except fans call it "he can't coach" but not telling the Chem Professor she "can't teach" or he is wasting a kids learning ability . A win, but against a bad team is a student getting a D and barely passing a test...but one could say the professor "didn't teach it right" or used the right book to teach it and almost made the student fail.
Why is Cal expected to do anything different than a professor of a university? Should a professor be fired or expected to make sure all his students pass with straight A's (no losses in a season)? If a Student on Scholarship leaves UK and move to say...University of Alabama to finish their studies, should UK start firing professors who allowed a student to do bad a semester and chooses another path or returns closer to home or family?

I think this is where many unhappy Cal fans need to check their happiness and understand his job is more focused on the kids as opposed to their happiness. Lengthy...but feel free to share and maybe someone who has a kid in sports one day being TAUGHT by a COACH... will understand sports are about WAY MORE than winning/losing.”

Last edited by a moderator:
To me, a loss is like a kid "failing a chemistry test" except fans call it "he can't coach" but not telling the Chem Professor she "can't teach" or he is wasting a kids learning ability . A win, but against a bad team is a student getting a D and barely passing a test...but one could say the professor "didn't teach it right" or used the right book to teach it and almost made the student fail.
Why is Cal expected to do anything different than a professor of a university? Should a professor be fired or expected to make sure all his students pass with straight A's (no losses in a season)?
When your students keep failing their "tests", then yes, something is wrong with either the teacher or the way that teachers teaches.
A coaches job is to win, period. A professor's job is to teach, period. It is not the job of the professor to find a job for his/her students nor is it their place to bash those who supports his/her department with large grants when those supporting that department questions how their money is being spent when all the students keep failing.

Practices are for the coach; games are a test for the players to see what they have learned. Either we are getting players who are unteachable or our coach is not teaching the right things in practice.

I bet many professors would love to make 9 million a year with any consequences and no answer to anyone.

"Why is Cal expected to do anything different than a professor of a university? Should a professor be fired or expected to make sure all his students pass with straight A's (no losses in a season)? "

Yes. If all the students fail, fire the teacher. If most students succeed and one student fails, it's probably the fault of the student. If everyone fails, the teacher failed.

Always yelling at your students doesn't constitute teaching no more than yelling at your kids constitutes parenting. I don't see much player development from all those "lessons."

I don’t agree with what was said but any group that doesn’t allow bashing or hating of someone can’t be a bad place to be in my book. Regardless if the someone deserves it or not…

“I typed this out as a reply to a Cal hater discussing why anyone cares about the NBA and why Cal doesn't focus on "having Great College Players"

What is the purpose of college Coach Professor or a Teacher who is teaching kids the ages of UK basketball players?
Let's look at that a little. A Fan thinks a coach is only supposed WIN EVERY GAME SO THEYCAN BE HAPPY AS A FAN.
I look at it differently. Let's look at Cal as a highly paid Professor at UK (A Coach/Teacher of the game) His goal/job is to teach kids and get them to be successful in college, teach them skill they don't have or still learning and hopefully make it into their career of choice...all the while trying to win basketball games to keep the FAN happy.
If their first job is the NBA, great, he is preparing them for that. If it is in accounting, great. A doctor, great!
His job is to teach his kids/students how to be a part of a team (workforce) and fill a role (prominent or not). His job is teaching a person who only "practices" and doesn't get the "publicity" (like and accountant in back room of a successful business) to fill that role and do their part to help the company. His job is to teach kids how to look at adversity and how to power through it towards success.
Why is Cal expected to do anything different than a professor of a university? Should a professor be fired or expected to make sure all his students pass with straight A's (no losses in a season)? If a Student on Scholarship leaves UK and move to say...University of Alabama to finish their studies, should UK start firing professors who allowed a student to do bad a semester and chooses another path or returns closer to home or family?

I think this is where many unhappy Cal fans need to check their happiness and understand his job is more focused on the kids as opposed to their happiness. Lengthy...but feel free to share and maybe someone who has a kid in sports one day being TAUGHT by a COACH... will understand sports are about WAY MORE than winning/losing.”
That has to be a millennial.

I’m a member of 2 different groups on Facebook for the Cats and majority of the people are oblivious to what’s in front of them is crazy!
Big Blue Nation BBN
Kentucky Big Blue Nation
Lol I think we’re part of the same groups
And I know the one OP referenced

Reactions: kywildcat41086

While I do not necessarily agree with a lot of the post above, I understand seeing some people taking that position. I do appreciate the information and I will make an effort to join the group. It may be a nice change of pace seeing posts from fans that are easier on Cal and players.

What dozen posters are on that site? If that many... Heck no one would copy and paste their own post would they?

Edit:

Members · 5,022

New people and Pages who join this group will appear here. (I have to admit I know a few of the people who seem to be members but I would like to know how many pages have joined as advertisement for their own "stuff"...)

Lol I think we’re part of the same groups
And I know the one OP referenced
I’ve posted some stuff on there and got totally blasted. They were all facts too most of them people act like they live under a rock and act like UK basketball didn’t establish until 2009.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
I’ve posted some stuff on there and got totally blasted. They were all facts too most of them people act like they live under a rock and act like UK basketball didn’t establish until 2009.
I run into that a lot
And it’s always: if Calipari leaves who are we going to get?
Like there are NO coaches out there who would do a better job

I run into that a lot
And it’s always: if Calipari leaves who are we going to get?
Like there are NO coaches out there who would do a better job
Getting out of the ridiculous contract is a major constraint. IMO
This is like a soap opera with a twisted script that drags on and on.

He makes some very good points. Fortunately, Cal's management change sees the world a lot the same way. They don't make decisions like spoiled fans or as fake fans want.

Getting out of the ridiculous contract is a major constraint. IMO
This is like a soap opera with a twisted script that drags on and on.

Remember that contract was agreed to by two parties. Both wanted to be a part of it. Neither part seems to be eager to vacate the contract. Only disgruntled fans whine about it.

A lot of people at work use Facebook to gather evidence for the cases they are assigned to investigate. A lot of parents have lost custody of their children by posting stupid shit on Facebook. Example: videos with mom smoking dope with her 12 year old son, Mom, Dad and kids on film brandishing assault weapons and threading to kill a teacher, mom in the back seat smoking dope while her 10 year old son is driving with a joint in his hand. Just a few tidbits to ponder when posting on Facebook.

why you worried about it?

Remember that contract was agreed to by two parties. Both wanted to be a part of it. Neither part seems to be eager to vacate the contract. Only disgruntled fans whine about it.
On the contrary. I believe most that want Cal gone are frustrated fans whose frustration comes out in a plethora of ways.
Although I believe some to be pot stirrer's that enjoy the attention it gets them, I still believe the majority of the anti Cal group are loyal fans that want their beloved program to return to respectability.
Gone are the days when we expected to win or be in every game and a loss was a stepping stone to improvement and a motivation to get better.
Listen to Cameron on the pregame and hear the frustration in his not so subtle take on Ky.
I see the utter stupidity of such a ludicrous, insane contract that has the signature of the UK administration.
Of course Cal would agree to a lifetime contract that was so slanted his way.
Application:
I feel compassion for the disgruntled fan, but I don't appreciate the lashing out, baiting post's on both sides of the equation.
But that's the unfortunate part of life.
Ky was once a feared experience for other teams.
Now we're just another game on the schedule .
We want our respect back.
I can't believe that the administration too, has to be concerned, but they don't know how to get out of a deep hole they dug for themselves.

Reactions: Bill - Shy Cat
A lot of people at work use Facebook to gather evidence for the cases they are assigned to investigate. A lot of parents have lost custody of their children by posting stupid shit on Facebook. Example: videos with mom smoking dope with her 12 year old son, Mom, Dad and kids on film brandishing assault weapons and threading to kill a teacher, mom in the back seat smoking dope while her 10 year old son is driving with a joint in his hand. Just a few tidbits to ponder when posting on Facebook.
If you're doing that kind of crap, using facebook might be the least of your problems.

ADVERTISEMENT