ADVERTISEMENT

I see us being really good if we keep the ball moving

Well that and a few other things, like our offense comes around, a couple of shooters emerger so that they can't pack the lane

Reactions: brianpoe
I think for us to be a strong team, we have to have either Knox or PJ, or both, be the focal point of the offense. Diallo's shot is just not there. I think he can get his points in other ways, but if we depend on him hitting jumpers, it won't turn out well. PJ and Knox will probably shoot better, and be able to get points inside the paint too. We gotta have go to guys when we need baskets.

Reactions: morgousky
We’ll be fine. We have a talented team. After all it was just a scrimmage. They’re not use to playing hard 40 mins yet. Let’s enjoy the process. Our Defense will win us games early on. Besides, defense wins championships not offense.

i think we are more an okc type team. use our talent to exploit mismatches. iso guys, clear out and go one one one. find a weakness, exploit it over and over again.

get the ball to pj, knox, diallo, jv....clear out, let them go one on one

I think for us to be a strong team, we have to have either Knox or PJ, or both, be the focal point of the offense. Diallo's shot is just not there. I think he can get his points in other ways, but if we depend on him hitting jumpers, it won't turn out well. PJ and Knox will probably shoot better, and be able to get points inside the paint too. We gotta have go to guys when we need baskets.

Brother...give the kid a chance to shoot in a few college games before you proclaim his shot is not there...it is only fair...

Brother...give the kid a chance to shoot in a few college games before you proclaim his shot is not there...it is only fair...
This. He actually has a good looking release and jumper. Much better than Green’s (which has almost no arc). I think Diallo May end up being a 35% guy by March. But I also may have my blue tint on too strong.

Reactions: ashbergh and BBUK

Kids never improve. These kids haven’t gotten any better since they were six.

Ok, sarcasm aside, you are absolutely correct. The assumptions that the fraidy cat fans are making is that the players will be forced to play to their weaknesses, will never improve any facet of their game and will have no strengths as a team to develop.

This gets said every year. Every year the nervous nellies are wrong.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I don't know if we are good,half way decent or only fair but after yesterday a basketball game can't get here soon enough for me.

I'd rather not have a focal point to the offense. It's too easy to take one guy out of the game.

Well, I am not basing it off BBM or the BW game. He didn't shoot well in HS or the U19 games either. Look at his form. Does he look like a shooter? I'm not bagging on him. I said he could score in other ways. I think Green is a better option for 3s, or maybe Baker if he gets healthy.

We’ll be fine. We have a talented team. After all it was just a scrimmage. They’re not use to playing hard 40 mins yet. Let’s enjoy the process. Our Defense will win us games early on. Besides, defense wins championships not offense.

This ain't football. Offense wins championships in basketball now. Look at the Warriors, UNC, Duke, etc. They play lousy D but outscore teams because they prefer shooters (and the refs help them a lot too, cough, John Higgins) whereas Cal prefers athletes. I mean freaking Butler made it to the title game two years in a row with subpar athletes who could shoot. Wichita State is the same way.

OH look,it's Hami Diallo the most dangerous shooter since Devin Booker they say

Reactions: BBUK
Cal screams to move the ball. Don't be a ball stopper. But if there's no particular goal/play in mind what will it accomplish? SO FAR it doesn't look like they know WHY?

Still time of course. But this team may well be zoned a lot until they shoot some folks out of it.

Well, I am not basing it off BBM or the BW game. He didn't shoot well in HS or the U19 games either. Look at his form. Does he look like a shooter? I'm not bagging on him. I said he could score in other ways. I think Green is a better option for 3s, or maybe Baker if he gets healthy.

Lol Diallo will not be a reliable three point threat this year. Knox and Baker are the guys that need to be taking shots anyway.

Green will surprise folks with his three %. It might not be the prettiest but we ain't going by style points. Kid is confident and that's half the battle.

Lol Diallo will not be a reliable three point threat this year. Knox and Baker are the guys that need to be taking shots anyway.
If we get Vanderbilt back I'll be surprised if Baker plays more than 5 minutes per game.

This ain't football. Offense wins championships in basketball now. Look at the Warriors, UNC, Duke, etc. They play lousy D but outscore teams because they prefer shooters (and the refs help them a lot too, cough, John Higgins) whereas Cal prefers athletes. I mean freaking Butler made it to the title game two years in a row with subpar athletes who could shoot. Wichita State is the same way.

I don't remember UNC being a good shooting team last year. Besides, we win that game without Higgins on the floor in baby blue.

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
I don't remember UNC being a good shooting team last year. Besides, we win that game without Higgins on the floor in baby blue.

About 36%. Good but far from great.

Justin Jackson turned into a guy who could pretty much do anything. They had some other solid players obviously, but I think that team was a good illustration of putting one great player around six or seven solid ones. Basketball is obviously a team sport but you can go a long way with great individual play.

I still say the one-handed, seventeen-foot floater Jackson hit against us after Humphries' flurry won the national championship for them.

I hope Knox can be a similar kind of player this year. He has the length and the tools to be.

you dont need to be a great 3pt shooting team. 33% has been a cutoff in the past. UL won it with that. Shooting is just one thing, a shot blocker and guards that can penetrate are just as crucial.

About 36%. Good but far from great.

Justin Jackson turned into a guy who could pretty much do anything. They had some other solid players obviously, but I think that team was a good illustration of putting one great player around six or seven solid ones. Basketball is obviously a team sport but you can go a long way with great individual play.

I still say the one-handed, seventeen-foot floater Jackson hit against us after Humphries' flurry won the national championship for them.

That and Berry's impossible make as well. They made a couple miracle shots.

Possibly the most infuriating play to me was Stilman White (I think that's his name) being allowed to drive and hit a reverse layup on us. Should never happen.

ADVERTISEMENT