ADVERTISEMENT

I said this in 2012

Yea. We have been spoiled.
It's hard to win a championship with the way it is setup. We have been playing basketball for over 100 years and have 8 championships. One every 13 years on average.

It ain't easy - need a little luck and a solid team. I know CAL will have us in contention every year and that's what I want.

Reactions: d2atTech
I agree with TNCat. Regardless what people think of the OAD method, by NCAAT time, the CATS are usually in a position to make a run at the title. Folks, remember, it wasn't that long ago Billy Gillispie was at the helm.

Reactions: UKUGA
I agree with TNCat. Regardless what people think of the OAD method, by NCAAT time, the CATS are usually in a position to make a run at the title. Folks, remember, it wasn't that long ago Billy Gillispie was at the helm.
Or Tubby. 10 years had passed since his 1998 FF trip. And if you had given him 20 years he wouldn't have made another FF imo.

Or Tubby. 10 years had passed since his 1998 FF trip. And if you had given him 20 years he wouldn't have made another FF imo.
Yep. Tubby is a nice guy and had some good years early on at UK but I felt he was just mailing it in during the last few years.

Rick had to assemble an eleven deep super team to win it all at UK.

Rupp won one title in his final 21 seasons.

We are very fortunate to have Cal. This has been a golden age.

Yet Duke has 5 in a 25-year span.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to expect to not be as good as Duke.

Even if you take just the era since Cal has been at UK, Coach K has 2 and UK has 1.

Reactions: new era cat
Yet Duke has 5 in a 25-year span.

I'm sorry, but I'm not going to expect to not be as good as Duke.

Even if you take just the era since Cal has been at UK, Coach K has 2 and UK has 1.

I hear what you are saying. The problem is Kentucky has to overcome MANY hurdles in the tournament. Who they stack us up against (especially in years we have a shot it's really bad), the officiating (see last night) and Duke gets the opposite when it comes to those things each year.

So if you could level all that out, we'd have more titles RIGHT NOW under Cal than just 1.

We are second only because the NCAA did not have the cajones to strip those frauds
I Agree! Did the ncaa even question papa Sam on any of the things Bill Walton, and other's who played basketball, or football? Mark Harmon, and more player's of both sport's talked about having it made,and if they needed anything just go see papa Sam Gilbert!!! Now that is some REAL CHEATS!!!!! :confused:

Except we nearly won it in 2014 and 2015. If WCS doesn't get hurt we have a real shot to win in 2014. In 2015 if the refs don't blow the shot clock violation we had a real chance to win it. Also this year if we get a call here or there or if the last shot doesn't go in we have a real shot to win it all.

That's 3 real chances since 2012 to win it. Pretty impressive run.

Reactions: LetsHang#9
ADVERTISEMENT