Senior
Nov 3, 2007
he's a skilled player
really smooth shot
decent handles for a 6-9
great 3 year player that could help us do great things
I like the thought of him and Herro on the same team on the Rupp floor

Reactions: Newcattitudes
Cal's visiting. Don't expect to see him at UK though.

6"9 skilled, smooth shot, with a good handle doesn't sound like a 3 year player here. More like cross your fingers and wish for two or has some deficiencies that mean perpetual bench warmer.

Calipari looks to have wised up a bit in recruiting as his most recent targets are all skilled "basketball players" not just phenomenal athletes. I think for a long period in his career he fell in love with spectacular athletes without a lot of worry on their skills. His 2014-2015 class (Towns, Lyles, Booker, Ulis) were all just great "basketball players" as opposed to being insanely freaky athletes. That team went 38-1.

I love this new approach by Cal, if you can call it a new approach. Just wish he had considered it a little sooner and the Cats might be sitting on a couple of more titles.
You really think you're fooling people?

Calipari looks to have wised up a bit in recruiting as his most recent targets are all skilled "basketball players" not just phenomenal athletes. I think for a long period in his career he fell in love with spectacular athletes without a lot of worry on their skills. His 2014-2015 class (Towns, Lyles, Booker, Ulis) were all just great "basketball players" as opposed to being insanely freaky athletes. That team went 38-1.

I love this new approach by Cal, if you can call it a new approach. Just wish he had considered it a little sooner and the Cats might be sitting on a couple of more titles.

……or not.

Cal's visiting. Don't expect to see him at UK though.
Why? I know his brother plays for MN., but this kid is soooo much better than his brother. Maybe Herro helps recruit him to UK. Maybe this kid wants to be in the limelight. Kid goes to MN will not be heard about again. Maybe just Maybe. What makes you think we don't have a chance at getting him?

This kid is big time. Will be coveted by everyone as college adapts towards the NBA style.

Would be a good get for UK. Wouldn't say quite the athlete of TJ Leaf, but probably just as if not more skilled.

Hurt is from my state and seen him since he was an 8th grader. He's so skilled offensively and has stayed at his HS--which is good but usually loses Section Title game to Lakeville North which has produced JP Macura, Nathan Reuvers of Wisconsin, and has better overall team then Hurt. Lakeville North also plays in same conference as Apple Valley and Tre Jones and I expect them to win the conference over AV.

Hurt's brother sucks, but Pitino has been giving him playing time to appeal to the Hurt family. Michael should be playing low D1 ball and he's in rotation at Minnesota. Matthew is a Frank Kaminksy, Jon Leuer, type of big and all the talk was he was going to Kansas for a while due to Dad running the AAU program (Adidas D-1 MN) up here--but they have sent kids to Nike schools (Jericho Sims at Texas for instance, Macura to Xavier, etc..). Hurt's dad is running it in name only and is an interesting character as I've seen him challenge an entire AAU team of teenagers to a fight after a closer then expected game last Spring. Then again Rayce Thompson's dad--former NFL player Darrell Thompson did the same thing, and it was over fact the team of no names played their kids tough and didn't back down.

Hurt is an elite talent, UNC wants him badly and spent most time up here recruiting him to this point--Cal's visit made a lot of noise up here last night and of course you'll have Duke involved as they are popular up in MN with litany of players choosing them and being successful. Hear Hurt is open and willing to listen and make his own mark--so have to see if he decides to try and stay home and do it at Minnesota or if he leaves and chooses his own path.

Hurt is from my state and seen him since he was an 8th grader. He's so skilled offensively and has stayed at his HS--which is good but usually loses Section Title game to Lakeville North which has produced JP Macura, Nathan Reuvers of Wisconsin, and has better overall team then Hurt. Lakeville North also plays in same conference as Apple Valley and Tre Jones and I expect them to win the conference over AV.

Hurt's brother sucks, but Pitino has been giving him playing time to appeal to the Hurt family. Michael should be playing low D1 ball and he's in rotation at Minnesota. Matthew is a Frank Kaminksy, Jon Leuer, type of big and all the talk was he was going to Kansas for a while due to Dad running the AAU program (Adidas D-1 MN) up here--but they have sent kids to Nike schools (Jericho Sims at Texas for instance, Macura to Xavier, etc..). Hurt's dad is running it in name only and is an interesting character as I've seen him challenge an entire AAU team of teenagers to a fight after a closer then expected game last Spring. Then again Rayce Thompson's dad--former NFL player Darrell Thompson did the same thing, and it was over fact the team of no names played their kids tough and didn't back down.

Hurt is an elite talent, UNC wants him badly and spent most time up here recruiting him to this point--Cal's visit made a lot of noise up here last night and of course you'll have Duke involved as they are popular up in MN with litany of players choosing them and being successful. Hear Hurt is open and willing to listen and make his own mark--so have to see if he decides to try and stay home and do it at Minnesota or if he leaves and chooses his own path.

ADVERTISEMENT