ADVERTISEMENT

I really enjoy interviews with Reid Travis

Jan 3, 2014
Louisville, KY
We've probably already seen interviews of his in the past, but here he is reflecting on his four games in the Bahamas, and it's quite good. He talks about adjusting to Kentucky and differences between playing at UK and Stanford. I'm not worried about him at all. He'll be just fine, and he'll be a really important asset.

Dude needs a new doo though...

cy9hGo.gif

He is very impressive, to say the least. It is impossible not to cheer for him and want to see him do well and reach his goals. Class individual that, if he ever has the interest down the road, would seem to be a good coaching candidate. I'm really glad that he chose to come here to play for the Cats.

He looks at the interviewer. Many players look down when they speak.
He will be a terrific spokesman for the program this year and let’s not forget that he is still only 22 years old. That’s still a kid to me.

I absolutely LOVE this guy
That is probably the best interview I've heard in years
He sure doesn't talk like a college kid - and really liked what he had to say
The fanbase will love him too - he'll be a favorite this year, I think
The media will love him as well; as someone above said, he looks AT the reporter, respondes clearly and concisely.
Also loved how he talked up his team mates, what he's looking for for himself - and what he said he wants to do what's best for this TEAM
I'm giddy y'all

Travis really seems grounded and mature. What a pleasure it is to have him on our team. He has common sense and he gets it. I liked how he lit up when talking about Cal. Gotta love it! Lol

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER
He has the perfect attitude and demeanor to help lead this team. Seems like a good guy to go into battle with. Hard not to really like this team.

Reactions: KENTUCKY_FLYER
I’m not saying he won’t be successful playing basketball because I think he will....... but regardless of what path he chooses in life that kid is going to be mega successful. What a fine, smart young man. We’re lucky to have him. GBB.

Love it! Talking glowingly of teammates and mentioning high basketball IQ...special man for our special team

Nice having a mature, older player on the team for a change. He is very likable and think he will become one of the fan favorites at UK this year. Bright young guy who will be valuable adding his experience and maturity to our team.

The interview they showed during the game yesterday where Reid was speaking about his God given talent and his God given intellect and how he has always worked hard so those talents will not go to waste, was one of the best interviews of a student-athlete in quite some time that I have seen. I can see how he was able to graduate from Stanford in 3 years. He is very mature, very well-spoken and like one of the posters said, he looks at the person asking the question in the eye and talks directly to him. Very impressive young man. He is also a glass- eating son of a gun and goes after rebounds like a grown man and uses his "man-hands." He will add so much to the team this year, with his experience and maturity.

That cat graduated from Stanford and now is playing basketball for Kentucky. You don't fall into those situations by accident. You have to be born different and work maniacally for both.

Maturity plays a big role too. He's been in front of cameras for four years now.

If he never scores a point or grabs a rebound this year I am glad he chose to come to UK for a year.It speaks well for our program,other kids should take note

really like this kid. He’s the type player cal can use but really doesn’t create. That’s not a knock, it’s a recognition of how we play and develop. I think he brings a whole new element.

ADVERTISEMENT