ADVERTISEMENT

I personally like UL/UK recruiting wars

Sosa, Do you think UK still has a realistic shot at DJ or naw?
Not really. I think that ship sailed. I’m happy with Dilly though.

But no, I think UL gets him. But that’s it. I’ve seen UK/UL mixed up with other recruits. Those are Cats, I imagine.

Prepare yourselves for UL fans saying they stole Wagner from us and completely disregarding the fact we signed Dilly who is just as good if not better.

I like them when we win
Well it’s been so lopsided for so long, i almost feel like they deserve to get one here and there just to allow them to begin to believe again. Then, of course, to be crushed and their souls ripped apart when we go right back to the norm.

Still would love to have DJ. Does appear from current predictions that ship prolly sailed.

KHWwN0h.jpg

I think Wagner isn’t off the table. But if he’s going to chose UofL over UK with the talent coming in? We know where his priorities lie.

Sure. You want the best players available. But if they don’t play or they’re solely about “getting mine” stay far far away from Lexington please.

I don't remember a lot of UK/UL recruiting battles. The 3 that come to mind are the battles for Winston Bennett, Rex Chapman & Dwayne Morton. Looking for more in the future.

I don't remember a lot of UK/UL recruiting battles. The 3 that come to mind are the battles for Winston Bennett, Rex Chapman & Dwayne Morton. Looking for more in the future.
Teague was a big one they thought he was a lock and Uk swooped in. Think Lyles may have been as well altho I remember Teague being a much bigger deal to them. You are right tho there’s really not been a ton. Esp most recently since Cal has been around they have been mostly down & aren’t even in our recruiting stratosphere.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Bryce Hopkins had committed to UL too. I can't think of any that they have gotten over us in the Cal era. Maybe Behanan. I can't think of any other than Rondo during the 2000s either.

I don’t think it’s a great development that a school on probation without even a real university president, with just barely a real AD, with a guy at the helm in his first-time solo head coach gig, has pretty easily taken away what was flat out the prime target of our supposedly new and improved recruiting staff.

I’m definitely as high on Dilly as the next guy. But our staff absolutely did not choose to turn Dilly into our main target and turn Wagner into a nice-added-bonus-if-by-some-miracle-we get him. Kenny Payne did that.

To put it into the terminology you used, I don’t think there really was a recruiting war. I wouldn’t mind a recruiting war. I think what happened here is KP looked at the crown jewel of our anticipated recruiting class and said, “I’ll take that.” And then we said, “Yes, Mr. Payne. Sorry, Mr. Payne.”

As a fan of decent guys in general and specifically Kenny Payne, yeah sure I’m pumped to see KP flexing what I always knew he had. But as a UK fan first and always and as a bitter rival of that nasty city school, let’s just say I’m nonplussed.

I will go as far as saying that if we really do get to where we start having healthy, high-profile authentic recruiting wars for tip-top players with little brother in a way that starts to take some of the focus off the hopefully-soon-to-be-really-on-the-way-out Carolina schools, and puts it back on our great state, and we really start winning our fair share of them, then yeah I see what you mean and in that case I’ll be happy about those wars.

Last edited:
I don’t follow recruiting all that closely. But where does dillingham measure up in regards to Wagner? I feel like I’ve heard about Wagner forever and I had no idea who dillingham was. Are they ranked similarly? Same position?

ADVERTISEMENT