ADVERTISEMENT

I have lost so much in the past month+. I need good UK news, please! ( I think we all do badly)

Rideordiewildcat

All-American
Jan 30, 2018
Louisville, Ky (Behind enemy lines)
No, I will not go into personal loss. It has been a tough year+ for most of us. Sometimes this year I think how am I still standing? In short, I have lost what is most important to me. However, some still remain. I know most of us don't bring our laundry here. And I won't because t would be the worse country song you ever heard. However, I love UK with all my being. It is my passion and has been since I could walk. When I got Kenny Walkers' autograph in Louisville. When My parents on special occasions would take me to the restaurant in Louisville. I think t was called CLiff Hagans to eat and I would marvel at pics of Jim Master. and wander around. We didn't have a lot of money so don't laugh.

Sorry, just a short history of me. Some have called me a sunshine pumper, some know I try very hard to be even-keeled and know changes need to come. Some of you were my friends in the past, I guess even allies if we look at it as today but now it seems like we are so divided. Man, I am with most of you now. We need good news ASAP. F the BS insiders, I want reports that are confirmed. O and Chin confirmed! 2 PGs soon and another good ball handler. We have 7 guys. Brooks makes 8. This past year we had 11 and with all the injuries and foul troubles, we have to have at least 11.

So say Brooks is back that is 8 with no PG. We need 3 more and I just feel like if we only get 3 more 2 of them can not be Wheeler and Fredrick. That team would lack star power. We have to have a big splash at PG no matter what. I like parts of our team and usually trust Cal. I get TC slowed things down, but WTF? Why wouldn't we go after Disu a 6ft7 guy who shoots 37%f from 3? I'm telling you even as a Cal supporter we better land top guys because I have seen at least 10 guys that were very good that we didn't even blink at.

I will trust in Cal until this team is built. If this is a throw-together type team then I just can't understand. With all the portal people and the fact that the winningest program in the history of college bb doesn't have 1 PG I would like to think that a stud out there, maybe not even named yet would stand up and say yes me, please. I still hold some hope but it is being tested. Tc had to slow things down, but I'm sorry to say turn the page. Fredrick and Wheeler will not be enough at this point. I have always trusted Cal so I really hope he knows that. If not, my trust might have to change.

People say Cal or UK like it's a choice. I love UK and have gotten into fights over it with UNC fans in Memphis, KU fans in Rupp, and many more not worth mentioning. The losses kill me more than some of you know, but I try to be positive. I have been fighting the fight for UK since I was a little kid in the 80s. I wore my KY dunks to school which I was lucky to get as a gift only to fight because I grew up in Louisville. End of the day we are all in the same boat. We should be anyway. I know it is tough right now and we do need good news right now!

Last edited:
The good news is the sun came up this morning.........and even more importantly, IT AIN'T OVER YET!!
We are still UK and you are still alive (and young) unlike many of us who are nearing the end of our journey down here.
Take a deep breath and try to enjoy the good things you have remaining in this life.

Praying for you Brother.

Last edited:
You know, you might just let all of this play out before jumping off a bridge. Besides, Loooonyville fans already have all the best bridge-jumping positions occupied.

Reactions: downthehatch
ADVERTISEMENT