ADVERTISEMENT

I gave Naquez Pringle a Lyft ride!

Bluegrass79

Senior
Mar 4, 2008
I picked up Naquez Pringle today and took him to the airport. This big dude gets in my Lyft car and I told him he must be a football player. He says yes.
I said let me try and guess your position. I said maybe Nose Tackle cuz you wide as a trailer. He said yes.
I said let me guess your name is Pringle? He said yes with an amazed look in his face lol. Kentucky fans know our players I told him lol.
It was a great ride. We talked about the bowl game, his future, our favorite NFL teams ( he is a cowboy fan ), about Stoops, and a lot about Benny Snell.
I freaking loved this ride. Pringle shook my hand and gave me a $3 tip at the end.

I picked up Naquez Pringle today and took him to the airport. This big dude gets in my Lyft car and I told him he must be a football player. He says yes.
I said let me try and guess your position. I said maybe Nose Tackle cuz you wide as a trailer. He said yes.
I said let me guess your name is Pringle? He said yes with an amazed look in his face lol. Kentucky fans know our players I told him lol.
It was a great ride. We talked about the bowl game, his future, our favorite NFL teams ( he is a cowboy fan ), about Stoops, and a lot about Benny Snell.
I freaking loved this ride. Pringle shook my hand and gave me a $3 tip at the end.
You mention the three LB transfers?

You mention the three LB transfers?
I didn't but we did talk about Badet. He said Badet didn't believe he was getting the touches he needed. He wanted to go somewhere where he could be used more. Pringle believes Badet will decide this summer and will go to a big time school.

We talked about Matt Elam too. Pringle said he expects Elam to be more aggressive in his game and attitude. He seemed really on Matt's side.

Stephen Johnson, Montgomery, and Pringle live together I'd add.
I love driving for Lyft and getting opportunities to talk to the players. It's a freaking dream.

Badet really believes that a school that's good is gonna give him more than the 800 yards he should have had this year. He's missing spring ball and learning a new offense. Good luck with that.

Reactions: Rockford
Badet really believes that a school that's good is gonna give him more than the 800 yards he should have had this year. He's missing spring ball and learning a new offense. Good luck with that.

I think he would have a shot at increased production at WVU, but coming into a place like Oklahoma for one semester and hoping to shine is setting himself up for failure.

I think he would have a shot at increased production at WVU, but coming into a place like Oklahoma for one semester and hoping to shine is setting himself up for failure.
Coordinators are gonna go with guys they are comfortable with. Badet a bit of a one trick pony. I hate losing production but I honestly hope we run the ball 60 percent of the time again.

Reactions: CB3UK
Coordinators are gonna go with guys they are comfortable with. Badet a bit of a one trick pony. I hate losing production but I honestly hope we run the ball 60 percent of the time again.

Badet played with one trick ponies. We have no idea what he can do in short and intermediate routes because he never played with a guy who could hit a short/intermediate route. "All he can do is go long" doesn't play when you look at Stephen Johnson who was only accurate on deep routes or Towles who wasn't accurate on anything, but deep balls give a player time and space to adjust.

I don't get the hate for Badet. I wish him the best and I 100% understand why a WR who still needs to show scouts something doesn't wanna be in an offense that uses so much wildcat and so little of the route tree. If he transfers to Navy of GT I will come eat crow, but this isn't anything personal from his side, just gonna find an offense closer to the one we sold him on in recruiting. He was a good player here, did his school work, gonna graduate and I'll be cheering for him wherever he ends up.

Badet played with one trick ponies. We have no idea what he can do in short and intermediate routes because he never played with a guy who could hit a short/intermediate route. "All he can do is go long" doesn't play when you look at Stephen Johnson who was only accurate on deep routes or Towles who wasn't accurate on anything, but deep balls give a player time and space to adjust.

I don't get the hate for Badet. I wish him the best and I 100% understand why a WR who still needs to show scouts something doesn't wanna be in an offense that uses so much wildcat and so little of the route tree. If he transfers to Navy of GT I will come eat crow, but this isn't anything personal from his side, just gonna find an offense closer to the one we sold him on in recruiting. He was a good player here, did his school work, gonna graduate and I'll be cheering for him wherever he ends up.
Where did I hate on him? Badet had quite a few drops and was widely known to be a finesse player. I think he's talented but let's not act like it's not a risk. He's missing spring ball and will compete against guys that have reps in the system

He said Benny been hitting the weights. We also talked bout how Benny should've gotten the ball more in the bowl game.

. . . waiting for UL fan to jump on here and ask "where did he get that kind of cash to tip with - were they single bills?"

Reactions: Blouman
Much to Bluegrass79's chagrin, it was a three dollar bill! :)

Seriously, Bluegrass79, you shouldda' stopped in a grass median, and shown Pringle your ideas on coming out of the three-point stance the quickest.

I hear the players love getting advice from the fans! :)

Reactions: I am stupid
I used to have rental property near campus (State St lol and some others.) Got to meet some of the players when they were looking for off campus housing. Met Jacob Tamme - as good a guy in person as you'd expect. Had some interesting talks about the staff (this was mostly Brooks era) and team with a few.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT