ADVERTISEMENT

I feel like BBM has lost something

We are in the age of too much information. that's the situation. Pre-internet you had a weekly catspause that might have some bball preview before Madness and your six o'clock news to give a few minutes during the sports segments. The anticipation for the unveiling of the Cats was obviously much more exciting when you are starved for coverage. Not even close to the case now.

Exactly this.

Personally, I liked this year's format better than year's past with the contests. Much better than layup lines and 20 minutes of half-assed scrimmage. The mission is to leave BBM with no injuries. I'm fine with ole defense and uninspired scrimmages in a half dark arena because it's not worth risking injury on a night that doesn't really mean anything.

I’ve been going to Madness since the 90’s and while it’s fun there is a lot of dead time during the show that makes me feel like recruits get disappointed. I love BBM but I agree they need to do something to make it exciting all the way through if that’s possible.

Was pretty cool when herro put on the boy wonder jersey. Too bad he's not athletic enough to pull off "the flip". Woulda brought the house down.

I don’t know what it is. Can’t put my finger on it. Maybe because of the Bahamas games and we’ve already seen these guys play.? Maybe it was the cheesy slam dunk contest and less scrimmage time? I’m sure I’ll get blasted for this. IDC. I woke up with 12 F&$#s to give and I’ll go to bed with a dozen.
Too much Hollywood!

I hope it was good, I miss everything now since I’m on 12am to 8am, I cut the cord and use a firestick now hope I can search and find it, GBB

Exactly this.

Personally, I liked this year's format better than year's past with the contests. Much better than layup lines and 20 minutes of half-assed scrimmage. The mission is to leave BBM with no injuries. I'm fine with ole defense and uninspired scrimmages in a half dark arena because it's not worth risking injury on a night that doesn't really mean anything.
giphy.gif

:joy:

Last edited:
Reactions: kev69
I don’t know what it is. Can’t put my finger on it. Maybe because of the Bahamas games and we’ve already seen these guys play.? Maybe it was the cheesy slam dunk contest and less scrimmage time? I’m sure I’ll get blasted for this. IDC. I woke up with 12 F&$#s to give and I’ll go to bed with a dozen.
Don’t blame BBM, it’s the time we live in. Instant information on anything. There was a time we loved getting a glimpse of our guys. Now, if your so inclined you can see them everyday. Midnight Madness has been passed by. I know someone will correct me if I’m wrong, one of the things I love about this place, but haven’t we signed very few of the recruits who’ve attended BBM?

Don’t blame BBM, it’s the time we live in. Instant information on anything. There was a time we loved getting a glimpse of our guys. Now, if your so inclined you can see them everyday. Midnight Madness has been passed by. I know someone will correct me if I’m wrong, one of the things I love about this place, but haven’t we signed very few of the recruits who’ve attended BBM?

I agree with most of what you said. For those that don’t get there for the games, it’s mostly the atmosphere that they love and I agree if you want more it’s probably not going to happen. As far as recruiting don’t forget that juniors come as well as seniors which lays the foundation of us getting those kids.

If they go full out at practice, I’m not sure why they can’t scrimmage at high effort for an event that a ton of people payed to go to. I never really understood the injury angle, given that they don’t loaf around in any other practices to prevent injuries. Also they play hard at the B/W game at Rupp a week later.

With that said, BBM is what it is and it doesn’t matter enough to actually get upset about.

One of the best BBM ever and they lost something?? lol..aight dude...take another shot man!

Reactions: Cindog28
If they go full out at practice, I’m not sure why they can’t scrimmage at high effort for an event that a ton of people payed to go to. I never really understood the injury angle, given that they don’t loaf around in any other practices to prevent injuries. Also they play hard at the B/W game at Rupp a week later.

With that said, BBM is what it is and it doesn’t matter enough to actually get upset about.
How much did you pay?

At the end of the Pro Day scrimmage Keldon Johnson was helped off the court with a tweaked ankle. UK's first exhibition game against Transylvania is in 11 days, Duke is in 3 weeks and people do not understand the "injury angle?"

SecondaryNearAmericanquarterhorse-small.gif

Heaven forbid these kids have fun. :rolleyes:

The production this year might have been the best UK has done under Cal. It's just hard to match the magic of Wall's introduction and the season that followed. Every UK fan had their anticipation and excitement cranked to 11 all year.

With everything being televised, I'm not sure Cal really wanted to give away how far along this team is. But at the same time he could have shown them playing a 1 - 3 - 1 zone look! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Anything, you did enjoy?

The first ten minutes were good the intros and all were great. The three point contest was good. Honestly I don’t care for drake, celebs etc but I like to see the nba allstars there. I never said I didn’t like it the OP said it was missing something and I pointed some things out. It was different than the last few i can recall. As long as the team wins and we get recruits honestly BBM is on the low list of priorities.

Reactions: Blueaz
Completely forgot it was on and missed it. Never missed one since they started having them.

Reactions: Blueaz
We are in the age of too much information. that's the situation. Pre-internet you had a weekly catspause that might have some bball preview before Madness and your six o'clock news to give a few minutes during the sports segments. The anticipation for the unveiling of the Cats was obviously much more exciting when you are starved for coverage. Not even close to the case now.
This is absolutely it. There is zero build up due to over-saturation in the Information Age. Remember the biggest day of the year for me prior to BBM was the day the Cat’s Pause Kentucky Basketball Yearbook was released. It was like Christmas.

I had to wait 30 minutes less to get to the Men's Program, and got 30 minutes more. Ill take it. It was a fun BBM.

ADVERTISEMENT