ADVERTISEMENT

I am impatient...can't wait!!!!!

susan2361

Sophomore
Apr 22, 2015
This is the point in time where I start to get antsy. I have never been a very patient person and with being so excited about the team this coming year, I am not doing roo well...lol. For some reason, I am more excited about this year coming up than I have been in a while! Anybody else feel this way and what do you do to pass the time? I am reading anything I can get my hands on about the team and I am on the internet scouring it for any info I can find, until my eyes bleed! lol. But at least they bleed blue!!!! The season seems soooooo far away!!! I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!

GO CATS!!!

Totally understand the sentiment BUT, I will be happy to wait, the days go by too fast now. Father time you know...:rolleyes: (And I'm not 80, I'm 57.[cheers])
You’re exactly right. I can definitely wait. I want time to slllloooowwww down. I’m 51, and I’ve had 4 guys that I was either friends with, or at least friendly with, that have died in their forties in the last 5 years.

This is the point in time where I start to get antsy. I have never been a very patient person and with being so excited about the team this coming year, I am not doing roo well...lol. For some reason, I am more excited about this year coming up than I have been in a while! Anybody else feel this way and what do you do to pass the time? I am reading anything I can get my hands on about the team and I am on the internet scouring it for any info I can find, until my eyes bleed! lol. But at least they bleed blue!!!! The season seems soooooo far away!!! I CAN'T STAND IT!!!!!

GO CATS!!!
Well at least you can watch some nice games on tv in August. Not bad.

You’re exactly right. I can definitely wait. I want time to slllloooowwww down. I’m 51, and I’ve had 4 guys that I was either friends with, or at least friendly with, that have died in their forties in the last 5 years.

My younger brother died today. He was my brother from my Dad's second marriage. He was 35. He didn't take care of himself at all. Died of a stroke and a heart attack. Lived near Cumberland Gap. We didn't stay in touch. I feel numb today.

My younger brother died today. He was my brother from my Dad's second marriage. He was 35. He didn't take care of himself at all. Died of a stroke and a heart attack. Lived near Cumberland Gap. We didn't stay in touch. I feel numb today.
I have a younger brother that’s in awful shape. We used to be close, but he lost his way a number of years ago. I tried for years to help him. Money, car, got him an apartment. Paid for the first 3 months + the security deposit. It didn’t matter. I’ve probably given him more than $50,000 over the last 25 years. It didn’t matter.
I finally realized that he’s never going to care enough to function like a normal person. The last I heard he’s homeless and sleeping under a bridge in St Louis.

I’m so sorry to hear about that. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family

GO CATS!!!
I’m with you OP. Bring on some UK Basketball! Oh yeah, one more thing, don’t be afraid to post pics. @Cindog28 and @Bkocats are 2 of the best posters here and they post plenty pics.

I am so sorry for your loss. Makes what I feel soooo insignificant. Take care of yourself. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Reactions: BBUK
I have a younger brother that’s in awful shape. We used to be close, but he lost his way a number of years ago. I tried for years to help him. Money, car, got him an apartment. Paid for the first 3 months + the security deposit. It didn’t matter. I’ve probably given him more than $50,000 over the last 25 years. It didn’t matter.
I finally realized that he’s never going to care enough to function like a normal person. The last I heard he’s homeless and sleeping under a bridge in St Louis.

Real sorry to hear that. This is kind of the same situation with a couple twists. Oh, the like was for you, not what you posted about this time. I do hurt for you.

Reactions: kev69

GO CATS!!!

Well at least you have the summer trip to tide you over soon

Reactions: BBUK and susan2361

Ouch man sorry bout your loss. I've had 3 people me age 33, that have died due to overdose the past 9 months. Two of my best friends

Reactions: BBUK and kev69
Sorry to hear about your loss BBUK. Prayers and May God Bless you and the family during this time.

I'm sorry for your loss my friend, May the Good Lord give you and your family healing. You all are in my prayers. :pray:

Reactions: BBUK and susan2361
Wow!!! I’m so sorry for your loss and will pray for your family.

My condolences. From the area and a guy I used to go digging with yrs ago passed as well. At 35...so young but kinda expected, lost touch with him several yrs ago. Just didn't have same intrests anymore...RIP WY....

My condolences. From the area and a guy I used to go digging with yrs ago passed as well. At 35...so young but kinda expected, lost touch with him several yrs ago. Just didn't have same intrests anymore...RIP WY....

What was his first name?

Last edited:
Honestly most excited I've been since AD committed as I said even before he committed that he will be the best player to ever don the blue and white quite awhile before his commitment. I knew what was coming with him. And I'm very excited for this year. All I gotta say is thank god for the Bahamas trip (which couldn't have happened a better year) and good ol UK football for a season in which I believe is the year we kick the doors down and win 9-10 games (I haven't always been a stoops supporter and hardly optimistic when it comes to football just think this year is the year).

Also very excited for what the bengals have cooking for this coming season with the revamped OL, new DC and a healthy roster, I feel like we have no weaknesses this coming season and could be the most complete team in the league this year. Addition of Preston brown (leading tackler in NFL), to go with burrfict (also had recent season leading in tackles) and another year to Lawson who will be at LB (best defensive rookie in NFL last season) and that gives you arguably nastiest DL in NFL (top 3-5 at least), very filthy LB corpse and easily one of the top 5 CB trios in the NFL. New OL, left side is great, right side looks to be decent but with potential to be good as westerman finished last season playing great. If Ross steps up and Eifert stays healthy it's game over for the rest of the league IMO.

In the meantime gonna hope my middling reds keep the hot streak going and hopefully get in position to make a run at a wildcard. If Castillo could pick up the slack I'd have a lot more faith in that happening as the other 4 starters have been either stellar or decent of late and that's the reds only weakness is starting pitching (huge weakness to have though). If we are a team that's selling and giving away players I'll be very angry considering next season looks to be a huge year for us, we need to pay gennett considering we completely robbed Suarez of his prime and he needs to fire his agent this moment with the deal he got, and we need to pay Harvey as at the very least we should be a playoff team next year with World Series hopes at the worst.

Keep Harvey, keep gennett, keep the same lineup. Pay 1 maybe 2 starters to go with Mahle, Romano, Harvey and Desclafani. And that gives you arguably best offense in the NL (rn I believe it's the best), a great bp and a solid rotation. We have an awesome championship caliber offense and the best infield in baseball (peraza also looks to be a future star and is currently having a star type season, same with the rook winker) to go along with a very damn good outfield offensively and defensively. We can't waste another season of having an amazing offense with awful starting pitching as we did last year and possibly this year.

Needless to say I probably haven't been more excited for a sports year as a whole than I am for next year. UK title and FINALLY a bengals SB :) plus a break-thru year for the gridiron cats.

Last edited:
Ouch man sorry bout your loss. I've had 3 people me age 33, that have died due to overdose the past 9 months. Two of my best friends
Wow, that’s tough.

One of my best friends died of cancer at age 48. It was heartbreaking to watch him waste away. I doubt he weighed 80 pounds when he mercifully passed. I had a golfing buddy die at 50 from an aneurysm. I had a neighbor die on his driveway as my wife and I did cpr on him as the ambulance was coming. He was 48. I had a racetrack friend die suddenly in his apartment from a heart attack. He was 49.

I’m 51 and I definitely don’t take tomorrow for granted, that’s for sure.

Reactions: Fox2monk and BBUK
Yessir, so young, man...lived down in the valley

Thanks for talking with me. I hope all is well for you. It amazes that you knew him. I won't go into detail but I tried to get him going in a better direction. Just not the want to. His Dad is my Dad. Dad is gone too, a while ago.

Reactions: kev69 and JC43
Thanks for talking with me. I hope all is well for you. It amazes that you knew him. I won't go into detail but I tried to get him going in a better direction. Just not the want to. His Dad is my Dad. Dad is gone too, a while ago.
I understand. it's sad down in that area. Him and some of friends went digging, taught me a lot about sangin and foraging.
Take care man.

My condolences my girlfriend of 3 years died unexpectedly at 39 she had her demons from the past that caught up with her. She had been a heavy drinkwr and although she didn't drink much anymore the damage she had done to her body was just to much she had a heart attack on may 29. Being able to come here and keep my mind occupied has been a huge help!

My condolences my girlfriend of 3 years died unexpectedly at 39 she had her demons from the past that caught up with her. She had been a heavy drinkwr and although she didn't drink much anymore the damage she had done to her body was just to much she had a heart attack on may 29. Being able to come here and keep my mind occupied has been a huge help!

Thanks,
I am thankful for my family. They keep me going mostly full time outside of work. About the only recreation I allow myself anymore is this site. I DO spend a lot of time here. Real good people.

Reactions: kev69

Sorry for your loss.

ADVERTISEMENT