ADVERTISEMENT

I’m not sure how many of you...

kev69

All-American
Feb 26, 2007
My sweet Gizmo 2002-2018
....have had the privilege of meeting the incomparable Jack Goose Givens.

Not only is he my all time favorite Cat, he’s one of the finest people I’ve ever met.

He treats people the way you’re supposed to.

Sometimes your childhood heroes let you down when you meet them. Not the case with Mr. Givens.
I’ve encountered him a half a dozen times over the last 30+ years, including the other night. He’s just absolutely a pleasure every time.

220px-Givens_cropped.jpg

....have had the privilege of meeting the incomparable Jack Goose Givens.

Not only is he my all time favorite Cat, he’s one of the finest people I’ve ever met.

He treats people the way you’re supposed to.

Sometimes your childhood heroes let you down when you meet them. Not the case with Mr. Givens.
I’ve encountered him a half a dozen times over the last 30+ years, including the other night. He’s just absolutely a pleasure every time.

220px-Givens_cropped.jpg
He always seems like a "likable" guy that will talk with anyone.

Reactions: kev69
Played with him in a golf scramble once. Never saw him play other than old recordings..was before I was born.

"The Goose is golden" If I knew how I would take a picture of my framed SI with his photo on cover in UKs 1978 NC win over Duke, where he scored 41. I have had the privilege to run across him at 4-5 UK games, first time was at SEC tourney in Nashville and I asked him if he would let me make his picture with my granddaughter and if he didn't want to, I would understand, he said I would be honored, since then I always speak to him and he does me when I see him, he is a friendly man.

Reactions: Blue Bigfoot
ADVERTISEMENT