ADVERTISEMENT

Humphries to play for Wizards in summer league

Good spot for him to land. Gortat getting up there in age and Mahinmi isn't very good. Hope he can impress during summer and make the squad.

Reactions: 78Gooses
Hump is a very nice pro prospect. I think his game probably fits that level a bit better than what he was being asked to do at the college level. Don't know that he's a back to the basket banger, but more of a face and shoot finesse forward. That's where the league is trending anyway so I think he has a shot to make a roster and develop into a role player.

Reactions: awf
Hump is a very nice pro prospect. I think his game probably fits that level a bit better than what he was being asked to do at the college level. Don't know that he's a back to the basket banger, but more of a face and shoot finesse forward. That's where the league is trending anyway so I think he has a shot to make a roster and develop into a role player.
Agree,however another year of college wouldn't have been a bad thing for his potential draft stock.He is/was very young so a year of physical maturity would have been a plus also.

Reactions: morgousky
Agree,however another year of college wouldn't have been a bad thing for his potential draft stock.He is/was very young so a year of physical maturity would have been a plus also.

Oh I'm in that camp as well, but I just don't know if he would have gotten the run or put in the best position to show off his talents. One of the short falls to the Cal way is that dudes like Hump just get buried under all the lotto talent.

Reactions: awf and crestcat
First I've heard of that... Bad grades?
It does raise some eyebrows.... I noticed recently in an interview from Calipari that he said in his time at UK he has only had 2 kids not finish the 2nd semester. Previously that number was 1 (D. Orton). It makes me wonder who the second player was.

Reactions: Aike
First I've heard of bad grades
I only said rumblings,, heard more than a few say it.. No clue if true but if I had a million acre farm,, I'd bet it there was a zero chance of him coming back.. He did post on instagram a week or so before announcing his decision this was his last year of being broke with money signs,, think the money emojis were on it anyway..

Last edited:
Reactions: KYNC89
I would bet over a full career Hump makes more than twice the amount Briscoe makes. Briscoe made the right decision for him because I think his career here and abroad will be 5 years or less and 2 more years of college would only have made that time shorter.

If not for foul trouble, Hump's per minute stats would have earned more playing time, respect, etc. He tried too hard at times on a short leash, as well. I haven't forgotten his minutes in our last game. I hope he exceeds expectations.

I will definitely be pulling for Isaac to succeed. Hopefully he does enough in the Summer League to catch on to the Wizards. It would be nice to have another former UK player there with John Wall.

Reactions: awf
It does raise some eyebrows.... I noticed recently in an interview from Calipari that he said in his time at UK he has only had 2 kids not finish the 2nd semester. Previously that number was 1 (D. Orton). It makes me wonder who the second player was.

Good catch.

rumblings = people on the internet saying the same thing over and over that something else true.

example: briscoe hates school, briscoe hates school, briscoe hates school -> briscoe has bad grades and would have been ineligible.

this kind of "logic" is taking over the internet.....dangerous

Humphries and briscoe had no business leaving early. Both will end up overseas.

Humphries has made it clear that he's fine with that, especially considering that he's, you know, from overseas.

Hump can test his marketability in the summer league here, and even if the summer doesn't go well, he can still go home and have a damn nice life making over six figures in the Australian League.

Sounds like solid decision to me.

Reactions: crestcat
Um.. Think that's what they wanted.. Plus rumblings that Briscoe wouldn't have been eligible this fall..
He wouldn't have been eligible? What is this based on? He couldn't have made up whatever hours he was short (if he really is short) over 3 different summer school sessions? If thats the case, he shouldn't have been eligible the 2nd semester last year and our APR is gonna take a hit.

How did he grade on his walk? It's make or break when it's comes to the walk, hopefully it doesn't scream lazy. Kat's walk was so slow he must of really worked on it before the draft to be the first pick in the draft.
Don't forget he has to look happy all of the time.....I remember the kid having a scowl on his face. He didn't appear to be enjoying himself...........

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
He wouldn't have been eligible? What is this based on? He couldn't have made up whatever hours he was short (if he really is short) over 3 different summer school sessions? If thats the case, he shouldn't have been eligible the 2nd semester last year and our APR is gonna take a hit.
Took a hit in 09/10.. You don't understand how the whole grade system works,, do ya?

I've always heard him tout the one player, but if he's now saying it's two, it HAS to be either Briscoe or Humphries.

I wouldn't be shocked if Humps actually lasts a few years in the NBA. It is not like the world is full of giants that can walk and chew gum at the same time. Humps has a nice skillset for a big man. The way the game is played in the NBA means it doesn't really matter that the kid has no post game. With his size and shooting touch, I like the big Aussie's chance of lasting as a pro more so than Briscoe. When you're a guard, you are just a lil more average in size than the bigger frontcourt players.

I know exactly how the "grade system" works. I have no idea what you're trying to say in this post.
You asked how he could have played 2nd semester if he was failing.. Orton never attended a class 2nd semester.. And yes our APR will take a hit.. But as I said,, i don't know if it's even the truth.. Just heard more than 3 people say he wouldn't have been eligible this fall if he came back.. I suppose he could have made it up during summer school but there was zero chance of him coming back regardless.. His mind was made up when he returned last year that this was his last year..

Reactions: FrankUnderwood
You asked how he could have played 2nd semester if he was failing.. Orton never attended a class 2nd semester.. And yes our APR will take a hit.. But as I said,, i don't know if it's even the truth.. Just heard more than 3 people say he wouldn't have been eligible this fall if he came back.. I suppose he could have made it up during summer school but there was zero chance of him coming back regardless.. His mind was made up when he returned last year that this was his last year..

I thought Orton still went to class throughout the 2nd semester but quit like a month or 2 ish before school was let out , thus hurting our APR

I thought Orton still went to class throughout the 2nd semester but quit like a month or 2 ish before school was let out , thus hurting our APR
Lol, after talking all that trash, this doofus is clueless. I thought it wasn't that hard to follow. In order to be eligible after your 2nd year you just have to take 12 hours each semester, pass 6, and be 40% towards completion of your degree. That's 48 just 48 hours total. There's zero chance CATS would allow anyone to be so far behind that they couldn't easily make up whatever hours were needed during summer school.

I didn't ask how he could've played 2nd semester if he was failing. I was saying that if he was so far behind that he couldn't have made up the hours during summer school, he wouldn't have been eligible the 2nd semester.

Lol, after talking all that trash, this doofus is clueless. I thought it wasn't that hard to follow. In order to be eligible after your 2nd year you just have to take 12 hours each semester, pass 6, and be 40% towards completion of your degree. That's 48 just 48 hours total. There's zero chance CATS would allow anyone to be so far behind that they couldn't easily make up whatever hours were needed during summer school.
And I said up there he probably could have made those hours up during summer school if he wanted to come back a 3rd year.. But there was zero chance of him coming back a 3rd year..

You're losing me.. How do you go to summer school between the 1st and 2nd semester?
If... If he was so far behind that he couldn't make up the hours needed to be eligible next year during summer school, he wouldn't have been eligible the 2nd semester.

If... If he was so far behind that he couldn't make up the hours needed to be eligible next year during summer school, he wouldn't have been eligible the 2nd semester.
I reread it and understood it.. So I deleted that one.. And yet again,, I don't know and have stated I don't know if it's a fact.. Just what a few people were saying.. That he would have been ineligible to play this fall due to dropping out of classes..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT