All-American
Dec 16, 2007
Bluegrass State
1A

(
13-2) Pikeville
vs.
(12-1) Russellville

* Pikeville trying to win their second state title in three years and third since 2015.
* Russellville won their last state championship in 1990.

2A

(14-0) Beechwood
vs.
(14-0) Lexington Christian Academy

* Rematch from last year that Beechwood won 24-23 in OT.

3A

(8-6) Belfry
vs.
(8-6) Paducah Tilghman

* Belfry started the season 0-5.
* PT was 4-6 entering the state playoffs.
* Has there ever been a state champion in any class that had 6 losses?

4A

(12-2) Johnson Central
vs.
(13-1) Boyle County

5A

(13-1) South Warren
vs.
(13-1) Frederick Douglass

6A

(13-1) St. Xavier
vs.
(13-0) Male

Last edited:
Reactions: *Bleedingblue*
Hardly follow high school football anymore except for recruiting, but would like to see Lexington Christian and Douglass win for the hometown

My son plays for Male so we will be there acting like crazy people! Gotta beat St X. Even after we beat Trinity last night in the handshake line the Trinity players told our guys to beat St X. for them. This is a great group of kids and hoping we can finish off a special season with a win! Gonna be ALOT of great football next weekend at Kroger Field!

3A

(8-6) Belfry
vs.
(8-6) Paducah Tilghman

* Belfry started the season 0-5.
* PT was 4-6 entering the state playoffs.
* Has there ever been a state champion in any class that had 6 losses?
I'm not sure about 6 but Trinity has won it with 5 loses

Paducah Tilghman has played a tough schedule and has a 1st year new head coach. Played a lot of playoff teams and teams in a bigger class. They also had a COVID outbreak that sidelined them for two weeks. It took them awhile to get it going again. They have talent and speed and have started to play together. Cal and Glasgow I don’t think had seen the speed they saw when they played PT, got to many weapons to defend. Both tried to play man and they couldn’t keep up. The team is pretty young too. Should be good for the next couple years.

Reactions: FtWorthCat
If it's not raining I might walk over to the stadium and watch the Douglass game on Saturday afternoon. Too many great college playoffs though to watch more than one high school game on Saturday

Th
Doesn't matter. They want the good players just like the private schools do. And usually, the road to the 5 A state championship goes through Covington Catholic which has students from 3 or 4 different counties
That’s not true at all. The road to 5A state championship goes through Bowling Green/Warren County. Bowling Green and South Warren High Schools have 7 (going for 8 this year) state championships since 2007 when 5A was implemented, rest of KY schools have 6 combined. South Warren beat Cov Cath in 2018 for a state championship ending their 26 game win streak. 5A goes through BG schools, that’s a fact.

I like P-ville, Beechwood, P-T, Boyle, South Warren and St. X to collect the hardware.
If I am a public high school football coach in KY, I recruit till I am caught and then just go widely public with the hypocrisy. Do interviews on every TV and radio station from one end of the state to the other. Name names and call out the KHSAA.

Johnson Central curb stomped my Corbin Redhounds at Corbin, no one does that. Boyle County has our previous head coach and they utterly destroyed Frederick Douglass. This one will be a war.

Haddix is a hometown friend of mine and one of the best Highschool QB's I've ever seen. His senior season he had close to 2000 yards rushing and 4500+ passing yards with close to 80 TD's combined lol. One of the best offensive minds in Kentucky highschool coaching also. I look for a college to grab him as a offensive coordinator in the future.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Th

That’s not true at all. The road to 5A state championship goes through Bowling Green/Warren County. Bowling Green and South Warren High Schools have 7 (going for 8 this year) state championships since 2007 when 5A was implemented, rest of KY schools have 6 combined. South Warren beat Cov Cath in 2018 for a state championship ending their 26 game win streak. 5A goes through BG schools, that’s a fact.
And CovCath won it in 2019 and 7 other state championships besides that one. They just got put in 5A in 2018 and have been to two championships, winning one of them. They will dominate 5A soon, they recruit to well not to

Down here in Tennessee the Wade twins will be seeking to close out a perfect season. Not technically defending their title since Summit moved from 5A to 6A this year but they will face Oakland Friday. Most seem to favor Oakland because of a really stout D and difficult to prepare for Wing T offense but here’s to hoping the future Cats can pull out it out.

And CovCath won it in 2019 and 7 other state championships besides that one. They just got put in 5A in 2018 and have been to two championships, winning one of them. They will dominate 5A soon, they recruit to well not to
You are dead wrong if you think Bowling Green or South Warren will stop being dominate in 5A. They are among the top 5 programs in the state in ANY class. Those schools produce more D1 talent every year than Cov Cath while being public schools. Cov Cath has a great program but the 5A state title runs through Bowling Green. Since 2018 Bowling Green schools have won 2 of 3 state titles and will likely be 3 of 4. Oh and by the way, South Warren joined 5A in 2016 after going 15-0 in 4A beating Johnson Central like a drum the year before moving to 5A. Only 2 years before Cov Cath and are about to win a second title in 3 years.

You are dead wrong if you think Bowling Green or South Warren will stop being dominate in 5A. They are among the top 5 programs in the state in ANY class. Those schools produce more D1 talent every year than Cov Cath while being public schools. Cov Cath has a great program but the 5A state title runs through Bowling Green. Since 2018 Bowling Green schools have won 2 of 3 state titles and will likely be 3 of 4. Oh and by the way, South Warren joined 5A in 2016 after going 15-0 in 4A beating Johnson Central like a drum the year before moving to 5A. Only 2 years before Cov Cath and are about to win a second title in 3 years.
You obviously mistake me for a Covcath fan, i'm not, never will be. But they will dominate 5A you mark my words. Unless some public school can recruit as good as them they will dominate. This year they had one of their worst teams I can remember and still made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs. They started mostly sophs and juniors. They have a very populated area to choose from. All of Northern Ky.

I think he was saying they are keeping pace in recruiting. They don't play any private schools
I know who they play. My sons team is in their district. It sucks playing basically an all star team and knowing before the season you have no chance to beat them.

Reactions: GridCats
You obviously mistake me for a Covcath fan, i'm not, never will be. But they will dominate 5A you mark my words. Unless some public school can recruit as good as them they will dominate. This year they had one of their worst teams I can remember and still made it to the 3rd round of the playoffs. They started mostly sophs and juniors. They have a very populated area to choose from. All of Northern Ky.
Do you realize that BG went 6-6 this year with 2 losses to South Warren, Boyle county, Father Ryan (TN), and St. X and that’s the worst season they've had in 22 years? They would be playing for a state title this weekend if not having to play South Warren in the second round of the playoffs. You must be from Northern KY/Lex area. Those schools in Northern KY are no competition for Bowling Green Schools. You really don’t have any idea of the amount of talent in bowling green. These schools here compete for state championships EVERY year and almost ALWAYS beat anyone they play in the state title. Do you realize that BG has beaten St. X numerous times in the last 7 years? You think Cov Cath is better than St. X? 8 state titles from one city in 14 years compared to the rest of the state is an absurd accomplishment. We will just have to agree to disagree.

Do you realize that BG went 6-6 this year with 2 losses to South Warren, Boyle county, Father Ryan (TN), and St. X and that’s the worst season they've had in 22 years? They would be playing for a state title this weekend if not having to play South Warren in the second round of the playoffs. You must be from Northern KY/Lex area. Those schools in Northern KY are no competition for Bowling Green Schools. You really don’t have any idea of the amount of talent in bowling green. These schools here compete for state championships EVERY year and almost ALWAYS beat anyone they play in the state title. Do you realize that BG has beaten St. X numerous times in the last 7 years? You think Cov Cath is better than St. X? 8 state titles from one city in 14 years compared to the rest of the state is an absurd accomplishment. We will just have to agree to disagree.
LOL are you serious? Fort Thomas Highlands, Covington Catholic, Newport Catholic, Beechwood, Those schools are all within 15 minutes of each other and probably have a combined 40 state championships among them. And you actually think Bowling green area has better football teams? Did you ever look at CovCaths schedule? They usually play Cincinnati elder, Cincinnati St.X, Cincinnati Moeller, Highlands ,Beechwood etc. You're right, we will agree to disagree

They were suppose to be moved up to 6 A already. The freakin realignment got canceled because of covid
The school played 6A in 2017 then went to 5A in '18. When was the realignment suppose to be? They just got moved into the district they rae in when they realigned in '20 after Great Crossing started and SC dropped from 6A

ADVERTISEMENT