ADVERTISEMENT

How sweet would this be? King/Reddish

More than a month ago it was reported that Calipari floated that package idea to both of them. You'd assume he's waiting on offering King.

Reactions: villefan76
I think any other year cal would of offered him already. Being in the contention with like 7 of the top 14 kind of limits him to who he can and can't offer

Cal probably prefers Langford/Reddish as his first two wings of choice. Also, I think he's still trying to sell Williamson on being a "positionless" three/four man. Getting King early limits what Cal can sell with the other three guys, especially if UK returns half of the Knox/Vanderbilt/Washington/Gabriel quartet.

Cal probably prefers Langford/Reddish as his first two wings of choice. Also, I think he's still trying to sell Williamson on being a "positionless" three/four man. Getting King early limits what Cal can sell with the other three guys, especially if UK returns half of the Knox/Vanderbilt/Washington/Gabriel quartet.
Very true. I think those guys are ahead as well. Plus, nobody knows what will happen this year and who will return. I don't think we will lose everyone again this yr but stranger things have happened. The next couple years are going to be even better then what he's done so far which is scary. I think cal has an idea of the order in which he will take commitments from players, starting with the ones you mentioned

I think Washington and Vanderbilt come back. Gabriel prob goes whether he is ready or not. I think Cal will only be land One of Langford/Reddish, Williamson and Bol.

I see UK getting either Reddish or Langford despite what most experts think.

Zero chance that both play on the same team, as I have had strongly believed for the last few months.

Getting either one would be an excellent job my Calipari. Especially if you consider the amount of ground most think he has to make up with both Langford and Reddish.

Bagley/Zion, Bol, Quickley, Langford/Reddish, Reid, and King is my dream class. Most have us as big favorites for Bagley, Bol, Quickley, Reid, and King. At the end of the day, with Langford and Reddish extremely unlikely to go to the same school, I feel that Cal will have a legitimate chance at one of them. UL's scandal can only be helping UK's chances with Langford. Signing King would have to help the chances of Reddish following him

If Cal can add 1 of the 2 to the rest of the recruits along with a few rotational players likely to return, it will have all the makings of another 2012 or 2014 type of team.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always!

So you're saying between UK basketball and College/NFL Football my winters are looking very entertaining for some time to come? Pinch me.

After RJ Barrett's recent comments, I think he may be our superstar wing to replace Knox.

How about a 5 man class of -

Quickley
Langford
Barrett
Naz Reid
Bol Bol

Cat Ballou, not a single fan should be disappointed in any way whatsoever.

2 top 4 players at the wing and a top 2 PG along with the #1 Center, and another positionless athletic borderline top 10 plarer in Reid who would be firmly a top 7-8 recruit in any other class that isn't as ridiculously talented on the top I have ever seen.

Is it looking more likely that Barrett will end up reclassifying from 2019 to 2018? I'd have to rate him just behind Langford and Reddish as far as wing prospects go.

I see UK getting either Reddish or Langford despite what most experts think.

Zero chance that both play on the same team, as I have had strongly believed for the last few months.

Getting either one would be an excellent job my Calipari. Especially if you consider the amount of ground most think he has to make up with both Langford and Reddish.

Bagley/Zion, Bol, Quickley, Langford/Reddish, Reid, and King is my dream class. Most have us as big favorites for Bagley, Bol, Quickley, Reid, and King. At the end of the day, with Langford and Reddish extremely unlikely to go to the same school, I feel that Cal will have a legitimate chance at one of them. UL's scandal can only be helping UK's chances with Langford. Signing King would have to help the chances of Reddish following him

If Cal can add 1 of the 2 to the rest of the recruits along with a few rotational players likely to return, it will have all the makings of another 2012 or 2014 type of team.

Yeah I'd like UK to land the Top 5 players in the class, too.

Found this article which makes it seem like Barrett is more than likely to move to 2018. I don't agree with him being #1 in 19 and up to #2 overall in 18. I think you'd have to put him after Bol, Bagley, Zion, Langford, and Reddish at #6 overall. I just can't see a reclassifying wing passing either Langford or Reddish considering their ridiculous talent that is rarely seen in wing players. That seems more likely to me considering the talent of the top 5 players in the 18 class. #6 seems like the highest tanking I can see him moving to after those top 5 players that will probably go 1-5 in the NBA Draft. They're ridiculously talented. As good a player as Barrett is, I can't see who he would jump in the top 5. #6 looks like the best he can hope for, in my opinion.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&source=android-browser&q=rj+barrett

Still, if we managed to get Bol, Bagley, one of Langford/Reddish/Barrett, Quickley, Reid, and King, not a single fan should be disappointed in any way possible. 3 of the top 6 players overall. A top 2 PG. 2 positionless 5* top 20 players in Reid and King...

You couldn't ask for anything better in a recruiting class. Especially one that is so ridiculously full of talent from top to bottom. I think a player like Reid would've been easily a top 7-8 player had he been in last year's class than the #14 ranked player in this season's incredible class. The same with Quickley. With his ridiculous talent, there's no way I can see him down in the rankings at #15 as the 2nd best PG in last year's class. Certainly a top 10 talent in most every other year.

All in my completely worthless opinion, as always.

The 2018 class is so top heavy that if we could pull off 3-4 of the Top 10-12 or so players, it could really be a special class.

Assuming Barrett reclassifies, there are about 6-7 guys in this class that are NBA All-Star caliber guys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT