ADVERTISEMENT

How much would you be willing to pay Brad stevens?

What would be the amount you’d be willing to pay brad stevens?

• 9 mill - no more than cal

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • 10-12 mill slight bump for the best

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • 13-17 mill just pay the man

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • 20 mill just get it done idgaf

Votes: 21 25.3%

• Total voters
If he ever gets the “coaching itch” back, it’ll be an NBA job.

Stevens has honestly admitted that he did not like the recruiting part of being a college coach (and he never did land any highly ranked recruits, btw), and that it was a factor influencing his decision to get out. If he didn’t like recruiting before, then I guarantee he’d dislike it even more in the NIL era.

Your scenario is never gonna happen. He’s done with college ball.
Well he was at Butler, so not too many Highly ranked recruits even putting them on their radar, at least before he turned them into a legit program. You could say he's pretty much the reason for their move up to a more competitive conference. Recruiting to UK isn't all that easy right now, especially with NIL and other factors, but the first 2/3rds of Cals tenure, recruiting here was pretty easy. the program sold itself.

Fair wage + healthy increasing incentives for accomplishments and the further you advance in the tournament. I don’t mean the NIT either.

If your talking NBA, I think Vogel is a more realistic option.

Don't get me wrong, you make Stevens turn down 10-12 million first, but I don't think he would leave the NBA

Lifetime contract worth one billion dollars plus incentives. Health insurance that covers Botox, hair transplants, and ed treatment. Brand new F-150 with leather, air, and CD player every three years and a permanent table at KSBar & Grille

Brad Stevens is 45 years old. He's got a good 20+ years of coaching ahead if him if he wanted it. He's a proven commodity. We could legitimately Hire him for something in the 5-7 million range and that would have to be extremely tempting to lure him away from a cushy front office gig in the NBA.

When UK is at its best, there is no other Coaching job in College or Professional that compares. Some might argue Kansas, UCLA, UNC or Duke and Maybe the Celtics or Lakers in the NBA, but He's already done the Celtics thing. Honestly, he would be my first call if I were Mitch and the opening came available. Make him say no first.
You have to be careful with the “make him say no” approach. You do that to too many people and all of a sudden you’re perceived as a job that nobody wants.

Brad Stevens is 45 years old. He's got a good 20+ years of coaching ahead if him if he wanted it. He's a proven commodity. We could legitimately Hire him for something in the 5-7 million range and that would have to be extremely tempting to lure him away from a cushy front office gig in the NBA.

When UK is at its best, there is no other Coaching job in College or Professional that compares. Some might argue Kansas, UCLA, UNC or Duke and Maybe the Celtics or Lakers in the NBA, but He's already done the Celtics thing. Honestly, he would be my first call if I were Mitch and the opening came available. Make him say no first.
He will say no. He’s an NBA lifer. He hated recruiting. Loathed it.

I loathe my job some days too.
but for 10 mil a year my ass would wear a smile and give reach arounds to everyone I work with daily
He’s not like the rest of us. He turned down 7 year 70 million already. If I’m betting today…he’s not coming back. Imho

I want Charles Barkley as a coach. 😁
Maybe I'm crazy, but I think we need to think outside the box a little.
Dude is smart, knows the game, would be a good recruiter just because of who he is.

Reactions: doc4UK

Agree. He has had a year out of coaching. Perhaps he is anxious to get back into it. He is still young.

If brad stevens were to consider UK seriously what number would you be ok with seeing on a per year basis? This is obviously totally hypothetical. Brad stevens currently makes 3.3 mill a year for the Boston Celtics and is in a front office role. Maybe he gets the itch to coach again and UK says name your price, how much is too much? Would you be ok with breaking the bank? Shams mentioned him on a UK short list.

go forth and prosper.
Moot point.
He isn't leaving the NBA for any amount of money. IU found that out last year. Even if he would consider it, I'm not in favor of anymore mega contract coaches with "lifetime" contracts.
UK could get Scott Drew for about $5-6 million per year and do at least as well as Calipari has done.
While I'm sure he has a great basketball mind, Stevens hasn't won anything.

He might get the coaching itch back and for the right $$$. Also I get running the Celtics is a cushy job but he’s young and maybe he gets bored after playing GM for a while.

He made 22 million over 6 years to basically be a figurehead. I know GMs do a lot of work, but it’s nowhere near the day to day grind like a college coach. He also turned down $10 million a year to go to IU and coach.

He’s not coming back dude.

ADVERTISEMENT