ADVERTISEMENT

How much longer Calipari?

He's been ready for 5 years now Ray... [laughing]

aHR0cDovL2ZvcnVtcy50cmluaXR1bmVyLmNvbS91cGxvYWQvZGF0YS9lYi8yMDEwMTAwOTIzNDcyOS00YmxpbmQwZnkuanBn
I believe you’re the one that can’t see. Just because you want Cal to leave doesn‘t mean shit. As I stated “he will leave when he makes that choice”. Not trying to support Cal one way or the other, but it is what it is. I was just stating a fact. Some of you just can’t wait to attack anyone who don’t support hating and trashing Cal. You’re mad at everyone, because you’re not getting what you want immediately.

Some won’t. Some people say he hasn’t REALLY been getting the players he’s been wanting. Well they can’t uae that excuse next year. The true nuthangers will find another one though .
Guaranteed, well be talking about how some of these recruits were way overrated within 2 weeks after the start of the season.

I think he will retire in 4 or 5 years. He’s in no danger of breaching contract The discussion of firing him is a huge comedy on the part of fans. It’s completely unaffordable and totally impractical. After firing, you need more millions to hire the next coach which will get gutted like the last three.

Serious about getting rid of him? Pony up 10 grand with several thousand friends and write a check.
Then UK would be IU tier in 2027-8.

does anyone really care about the incoming class when Cal is making it hard for this team to succeed. The way he toys with the roster is our biggest weakness.At this point Im not sure he even cares.
Yeah this^^^. Cal tinkers with lineups and by the time finally realizes the best one it’s half way through the season at best and so we’re literally a half season behind.

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
Everyone who wants Cal gone do you know good bye #1 class next year ? I mean how can anyone want Cal gone right now knowing you have one of the best incoming classes of all time ?

I get it you are all mad at Cal but if he went this would be bad timing we have to at least get through next year and see how this class does.

They don't have a plan and most hate him because of his politics. I don't like his politics, either, but I can separate the two.

Get rid of him and the figure it out is their "plan". Clownshow

I think we will be very good next year. A huge infusion of talent is exactly what we need.

2 man team last year. 2 man team this year.

3rd consecutive season with no point guard.

That all changes next year.

But we have a lot of basketball to play this season.
I was digging in my back yard and I found plenty of fools gold.

Reactions: KFuqua
Not true. ‘17 was a great team. ‘19 and ‘20 were great teams. Last season was a 2 seed.

You have the right to hate. You don’t have the right to your own facts.
And how many days since our last NCAAT win? Keep drinking the Cal Kool Aid.

Reactions: KFuqua
You may be right. So I guess you’re saying Calipari is like aunt bee’s pickles , “ Might as well learn to love him “ .
No…. Might as well support the team or not… Same thing has happened last three coaches. Will happen to the next one too.

Cal is walking a fine line right now with the national sports media. He's not well liked at that level due to his personality. Locally he's still being coddled by the sports media because there are no Tipton's in place right now, just sheep.

It's time he feel some real heat regardless of whether he stays or goes. It's time and it's deserved. Cal needs to answer to what's going on with his program. No excuses.

Last edited:
Guaranteed, well be talking about how some of these recruits were way overrated within 2 weeks after the start of the season.

Sending a squad of skinny green freshmen in to take on the grown men that populate the SEC is insane. Anthony Davis isn't coming here next year. Nevertheless we'll lose almost the whole team after seasons end again and have nothing. I'm ok with starting over now.

Next year's class has some great pieces but it doesn't ensure success. We'll need Livingston, Onyenso, Thiero, and one of Frederick/Reeves to return.

Next year's class has some great pieces but it doesn't ensure success. We'll need Livingston, Onyenso, Thiero, and one of Frederick/Reeves to return.
I’m interested to see what happens with Onyenso and Thiero. Those 2 would become very good multi year players at most programs. Will they here ?

Reactions: UKortho
I’m interested to see what happens with Onyenso and Thiero. Those 2 would become very good multi year players at most programs. Will they here ?
I have no faith in this coaching staff to develop a guy like Onyenso, I mean, look at Lance Ware, he might actually be worse now than when he got here. He has absolutely zero offensive game.

Reactions: CatPhight
Ware is SheRay Thomas' love child...
I just don't understand how a guy that has been here three years and actually plays, can't make a layup or a free throw.

It seems to me like someone could at least work with him 15 minutes a day for a week and get him to the point where he can do SOMETHING offensively.

But shame on Lance for not getting in the gym and at least practicing free throws and short jumpers. It’s so odd.

Gonna jump the gun...telling you right now they are overrated! Small , can't shoot and no sense, or care, of what winning basketball at UK means.

Reactions: kyjeff1
Everyone who wants Cal gone do you know good bye #1 class next year ? I mean how can anyone want Cal gone right now knowing you have one of the best incoming classes of all time ?

I get it you are all mad at Cal but if he went this would be bad timing we have to at least get through next year and see how this class does.
you sound like a battered woman who keeps giving her abusive boyfriend one more chance. Next year‘s class doesn’t matter, Cal would be their coach, so we all know what their ceiling would be. I think it’s funny that everybody is so worried that Cal will take his recruiting class with him. You don’t think that if we had a home run hire like Nate Oates or Scott Drew that they wouldn’t bring their recruiting class with them to UK?

Last edited:
Reactions: CatPhight
I'm not drinking any kool aid. I think it's time for Cal to go. But not for made up reasons. And not because he hurt my feelings.
I do not know why anybody would have to make up reasons why he should leave when his actions and results are all is needed.

1st losing season in forever
Destroyed all records held by UK under his watch.
Has a horrendous record against the top 20 since 2016.
Unwilling to change his philosophy on offense or defense.

I could go on and on, but, what is the purpose? Nothing is going to change. Since we cannot get rid of Cal we should get rid of Barney.

Lmao. Dude he's gonna have a top class no matter what year he leaves. The results are all that matters.
There is a difference between the types of classes he typically has in recent years and one of the best in the history of the sport.

Beyond it being crazy to throw that class away it's just not financially viable. Our boosters are not gonna pay what it would take to fire him and hire a new coach. It's just not gonna happen.

He will get his chance to coach that class next year and if he fails then I think he will be ready to retire or discuss a realistic buyout. But there is a 0% chance he is fired this year.

The only one of those relevant to comparing to next year is '17 as far as dependence of freshman. That team had an unguardable PG, elite shooter at SG (also confident enough to keep shooting when Cal got tight) and a very physical big in Bam.

Next year will be weaker at all 3 of those spots. Edwards will be an upgrade at SF over Briscoe. PF is an unknown, although I would not bet against Cal having promised Bradshaw he can play outside some and will team him with UGO. We will be a team likely built almost exclusively on dribble penetration on offense and rim protection defense. Hard to see a young, non-physical, limited 3pt shooting, and limited post team competing for a championship. You would have to have Livingston back (at the 4) along with Reeves and Thiero to get in that discussion. And part of that would be a HC that is willing to not start very highly ranked freshman.
Why would anyone think Livingston will return for another year of misuse by an idiot coach. He will transfer and find plenty of playing time and a coach that will help him improve.
Why worry about Reeves? Thus far he couldn't drop a dime in a fountain. Makers are needed, not shooters.
It has been shown over and over this clown can not coach. He can not spot talent & players rarely improve.

Reactions: bigbluedon
probably not, ccc will forget they are on the bench & they will transfer to play for a real coach

ADVERTISEMENT