ADVERTISEMENT

How Much Better Can Our Team Get?????

Last year is an example of what he is talking about. If we aren't forced to play 15 minutes in the first half with out 5,6,7,8,9th men and if they don't take two legal baskets off the board in the first half with terrible calls then we are likely up double digits at halftime and not timid to defend in the second half. There is real corruption in the NCAA and basketball is the worst of it bc it's the easiest sport to manipulate outcomes and tempo.

Higgins has been the henchman more than once to end our season and it's not by complete chance that every year, even as the number one overall seed in 15, we get a murderers row path to the final that usually has multiple storyline matchups or style of play matchups that target a weakness
Then it has nothing to do how dominant we are because 2015 we were extremely dominant.

I’m sorry but when someone just gives up and has no hope for their team then why even watch and support them. We won in 2012 and had solid chances 2014 and 2015. Last year many fans gave up hope during SEC play but we had a great run regardless if we got screwed. What would be the answer? We were very competitive , more so than anyone else, 6 of last 8 years with more wins than anyone else.

I️ guess it’s a matter of expectations.

Then it has nothing to do how dominant we are because 2015 we were extremely dominant.

I’m sorry but when someone just gives up and has no hope for their team then why even watch and support them. We won in 2012 and had solid chances 2014 and 2015. Last year many fans gave up hope during SEC play but we had a great run regardless if we got screwed. What would be the answer? We were very competitive , more so than anyone else, 6 of last 8 years with more wins than anyone else.

Also when a poster starts a post it’s a terrible way to think then says it anyway there may be some disagreement with his take.

The five the OP mentioned give us one of the best five in the nation, IMHO.

I want to see them together on the floor, especially at crunch time.

G Green
G Gilgeous-Alexander
G Diallo
F Knox
F Richards

That team has it all. Defense. Shooting. Scoring. Ballhandling. Rebounding. Free Throw shooting.

I don't see any glaring weakness for that five. It's essentially four guards and a big, except three of our guards are over 6'5 with one being 6'9.

I love the mismatches that creates. Few SFs are quick enough to hang with Diallo or Gilgeous-Alexander. I can't think of any PFs that can guard Knox.

Pack it in? Not when four guys can shoot the 3.

Press? Not with four ballhandlers, including two PGs.

That lineup has me really excited. I hope we see these guys on the floor together a lot more moving forward.

That lineup could get us to the Final Four, IMHO.

Last year is an example of what he is talking about. If we aren't forced to play 15 minutes in the first half with out 5,6,7,8,9th men and if they don't take two legal baskets off the board in the first half with terrible calls then we are likely up double digits at halftime and not timid to defend in the second half. There is real corruption in the NCAA and basketball is the worst of it bc it's the easiest sport to manipulate outcomes and tempo.

Higgins has been the henchman more than once to end our season and it's not by complete chance that every year, even as the number one overall seed in 15, we get a murderers row path to the final that usually has multiple storyline matchups or style of play matchups that target a weakness

Preach

Even with Higgins we had a chance. Acting like we didn’t is up to you.

Believe what you want, no problem with that. Honestly I dont want to ruin your fairytale about the way things work.

On the other hand, 2012 was a ref proof team which goes along with my original point. I could expain why, but I feel like it would just be wasted on you.

The 2015 team was NOT as dominant as you remember down the stretch. Easily couldve lost the Notre Dame game, did lose to Wisconsin, couldve lost to Duke (blasphemy I know). The streak had that team holding on for dear life at the end.

Reactions: morgousky
This team might possibly make the final 16, but I think that's the ceiling. Other things have to happen to change my thinking such as Richards really improving on offense, as I said above about Vanderbilt and Baker, and playing more under control.

But improvement with our teams is as common as the youth we play. You can’t make an assessment like yours with 4 days gone in DECEMBER. Be a little patient.

The 2015 team was NOT as dominant as you remember down the stretch. Easily couldve lost the Notre Dame game, did lose to Wisconsin, couldve lost to Duke (blasphemy I know). The streak had that team holding on for dear life at the end.

Losing Alex was big, we lost a lot in momentum.

Losing Alex was big, we lost a lot in momentum.

Not just momentum. We were historically great until then, holding teams, good teams, to 28% an average of shooting. After the injury the platoon ended and our opponents shot 38% against us. Still good but no longer great.

Reactions: Poetax
Our team isn't as bad as that NIT team tho lol.

That year was an outlier
uh. yeah and an injury to the teams best defender, only post player and emotional leader....that too. We would not have gone far but we would have made the NCAAs and won a game or two.

uh. yeah and an injury to the teams best defender, only post player and emotional leader....that too. We would not have gone far but we would have made the NCAAs and won a game or two.

Agreed. I think we were actually in or around the top 25 when Noel went down that year.

6 of our losses that season came when he went down.

ADVERTISEMENT