ADVERTISEMENT

How many times

kyjeff1

All-American
Sep 8, 2012
Do you need to see your team get stuffed in the paint, before you utilize the shooters you have?

Teams that use the three pointer as a weapon will beat teams like Arkansas, but not Cal, nope, he would rather force the ball inside where the opponent has the advantage, than to use ball screens to get shooters open shots.

Down 14 late in the game and he's still trying it, even though Arkansas was scoring at will on us.

I've said it for years, Cal only knows one way to play and if he isn’t going to use the 3 ball in this game, he never will.

Then there's our defense, ya gotta be kidding me, this team is awful defensively. Do they play checkers in practice or something?

You do realize ARK is one of the best 3pt defenses in the country, right? Anyone expecting a bunch of made 3's tonight was setting themselves up.

Reactions: megablue
You do realize ARK is one of the best 3pt defenses in the country, right? Anyone expecting a bunch of made 3's tonight was setting themselves up.
We turned down tons of open 3's only to get stuffed at the rim, or turn the ball over all night long.

Good teams utilize middle and high screens, Cal doesn't do that very much, he should have tonight.

I'm not saying you force a bunch of bad three's, but you can’t keep forcing it into the paint and getting stuffed when you can just take the 3 that was open.

We turned down tons of open 3's only to get stuffed at the rim, or turn the ball over all night long.

Good teams utilize middle and high screens, Cal doesn't do that very much, he should have tonight.

I'm not saying you force a bunch of bad three's, but you can’t keep forcing it into the paint and getting stuffed when you can just take the 3 that was open.
On 25 2 pt attempts, we shot over 50%. On 13 3 pt attempts, we shot 30%. Hell, we only shot 61% from the line. Shooting more 3's wouldn't have helped. Playing better defense would have.

We do run screens, our players just aren't very high IQ players and usually make bad reads out of them. Then they miss the shot or layup on the ones they do run correctly.

We're just a bad team made up of role players and no star players who can take over a game. Cason Wallace is probably the only player on this current roster who would have been on one of Cal's first 6 or 7 teams at UK. The rest would have never been recruited by us. And Cason isn't the type that can carry a team at this level.

As our talent has dropped off so have the results. Our best hope is that as recruiting results have picked back up, so will the winning results. Time will tell!

Last edited:
Do you need to see your team get stuffed in the paint, before you utilize the shooters you have?

Teams that use the three pointer as a weapon will beat teams like Arkansas, but not Cal, nope, he would rather force the ball inside where the opponent has the advantage, than to use ball screens to get shooters open shots.

Down 14 late in the game and he's still trying it, even though Arkansas was scoring at will on us.

I've said it for years, Cal only knows one way to play and if he isn’t going to use the 3 ball in this game, he never will.

Then there's our defense, ya gotta be kidding me, this team is awful defensively. Do they play checkers in practice or something?
Approximately 9,500,000 times per season.

ADVERTISEMENT