ADVERTISEMENT

How Long Before....?

j4uk

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 21, 2020
My main concern based on what I read and see is that when 2021 hits every college athlete is gonna be thinking about dollar signs wherever they sign.

What are the thoughts on that? Are kids honestly this screwed up and don't even care about the school they attend?

My main concern based on what I read and see is that when 2021 hits every college athlete is gonna be thinking about dollar signs wherever they sign.

What are the thoughts on that? Are kids honestly this screwed up and don't even care about the school they attend?

Been saying this a long time, they look at college as a stepping stone to get to the league. Some are serious about their education, but most aren't and see casses as a nuisance. But if you need proof, look at the transfer portal, how many names are there. At the number that are now opting out. But kids have become awfully selfish.

Play for pay has been going on for decades under the table at the big schools. NIL just puts it on the table and absolves the universities from paying anything. If companies or rich alumni want to pay a player for his NIL then go ahead. Will it lead to super confs with just the high rollers? Probably, but isn't that what the SEC already is?

Just a matter of time college athletes realize the power they have.
NCAA, shoe people as well as other making billions of dollars from their labors, all the while in the name of educational scholarship.

Reactions: Dncmaxwell
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT