ADVERTISEMENT

How is Univ of Cincinnati better than UK?

Piddling conference? Check
Piddling facilities (in comparison)? Check
Tough place to recruit? Check
Huge in-state football powerhouse who gets all the best recruits in their backyard? Check

Would kick UK's ass by 2+ touchdowns this year? Unfortunately, check

How? There is absolutely no reason for us to have an inferior team to UC - none. While we play in a much harder conference and therefore won't necessarily have a better record, this year (and a few other recent years), UC has the better team and would kick our ass. Something's wrong and I don't believe it's just QB. On paper, there is no way their roster was ranked as high, had as many P5 offers, etc. as UK's. But, they're better. Somebody's got some 'splainin' to do, imo.
True. How is Oregon getting the number 3 recruiting class--right now at least--in the nation. Why is this still so damn difficult for us to field a consistently, top-flight team?

What makes you think that UC is better than UK? They play a bad schedule. Give them our schedule and they'd finish lower than we would.

Read it again. I didn't say UC was better then UK. I don't think they are, but that is only a guess. The only way we will know FOR SURE, is if they were to play, which we know, probably will not happen unless it was in a bowl. I believe I said, "We can all guess what we would do against UC, but no one knows."
wildcatwolverine, please take the time to read what a poster says, instead of saying he or she said something they didn't say.

OLD STOLL FIELD GUY!

I addressed this in the OP - of course, UC plays in a weaker conference and therefore a weaker schedule. No where in the OP did I say why does UC have a better RECORD. This year for sure, they have a better TEAM (and a few years prior to this, also). UC would whip our butts this year regardless of who is on their schedule. Yes, we'd probably be unbeaten or 1-loss playing their schedule thus far. That doesn't mean we're the better team. Bet UC wouldn't have lost the Ole Miss or Mizzou games. Your comment did not address the question I asked: why are they BETTER (not why do they have a better record).

OK if you do not base the results on schedule, tell me how they are better ??? What lead you to that conclusion ? ranked ? Record ? Guess what, they both have to do with the shitty competition they play week end and week out. Tell me this, if they are SOOOOOO good, if they played UK's schedule this year, what would their record be ? I will hang up and listen. Throw in last year to for good measure, and the year before. you know, a little bigger sample size and all.

Cinn wins

Army( 6-1) 24-10 Wow. Beat a 6-1 Army team, but Army beat 0-6 UL Monroe, 0-5 Citadel 14-9, 4-3 TXSA 28-16, 2-5 MTSU, 0-2 Mercer, 0-3 Abilene Chr. Damn they beat a power house 6-1 team whos best win is against 4-3 TXSA. fake 6-1.

Austin Peay (0-3) 55-20. 3-4 Pitt beat AP 55-0.

USF (1-5) 28-7

SMU (5-1) 42-13 Best win on the year. But, after further study, SMU barely beat 1-6 Texas State 30-27 and 2-4 Tulane 37-34 in OT , 2-3 N. Texas. So how good are they that they struggle to beat bad teams. Their best win is Memphis 30-27.

So the combined record of teams that the Bearcats beat is 12-10, but we know the 6-1 Army and 5-1 SMU are inflated. Army's combined W/L teams beat is 6-24. Not a quality win. SMU's is 8-17.

Last edited:
Pointless thread you can’t compare programs based on 1 year. If you want to compare you use 5 or even better 10. But the big equalizer in making an average program good or a good program average is good qb play. How big was Bowden last year? How important was Woodson?

This is not completely true. I mean "yes", they do play a shit schedule. But, Fickell is a good coach, he has recruited well and Cincinnati is a pretty good team. Do I think they are better talent-wise than UK on paper, no. They're in a similar position to what Louisville was before they joined the ACC. UC is a good stepping stone school, with fertile recruiting ground and they play an easy schedule. All that adds up to being a great school for a young up and coming coach to hone his skills and be in a position to land a bigger job. I don't think Fickell will be there much longer.

Sadly, I do think Fickell is a better coach than Stoops. At least for having an all-around complete team. Stoops just lays too many damn eggs in games UK needs to win. Don't even get me started on the pee wee league passing offense we're running.

If Fickell was a great coach and better than Stoops, he would still be at OSU, where he had all the resources to be great. He was given a year to prove his greatness at OSU, that's why he is at UC. It isn't like UC is some high powered offense, they just play a bunch of shit schools. Look at Norvell at FSU, he was in the same shit conference and parlayed that into the FSU job. He is the same coach he was at Memphis and has better players at FSU, but he looks like crap, because he is now coaching at the P5 level, albeit in the lousy ACC.

They have a better team than us this year, imo, based on what I've seen thus far.

I really hope you're trolling. If you're not, you must be really slow. So I'll hold back on ripping you.

You're going by what you see which is an average team beating up below average competition. If UK was playing a schedule that weak, UK would be undefeated too. So would Louisville. So would Vandy.

I'm sure me and a few posters here could run the score up on an elementary school. Does that mean we would beat UK? LOL what a joke you are.

Hell if you're gonna pretend they're world beaters for beating up inferior talent, why not Liberty? They're 6-0. And at least they beat 1 power school. That's more than Cincinnati's done. So has Coastal Carolina who sets at 6-0. Even Marshall who is at 5-0.

Come on OP, dive deeper into that bag of tricks. Lets take a gamble and say Jacksonville St would destroy UK and go undefeated in the SEC too. I know they're a FCS school but they're 3-2.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT