ADVERTISEMENT

How is Ohio st #8?

They had been 17-2 in their last 19 prior to the 2 game losing streak. They were a legit #8. Not sure what happened this week.

Hard to win on the road no I would have figured Kentucky fans would understand since Kentucky can't win a road game to save their life and Ohio State has is 6-2 away from home in the Big 10. They also beat Michigan State and won at Purdue won Purdue had a 19 game winning streak. The rankings came out before the 2 game losing streak.

Hard to win on the road no I would have figured Kentucky fans would understand since Kentucky can't win a road game to save their life and Ohio State has is 6-2 away from home in the Big 10. They also beat Michigan State and won at Purdue won Purdue had a 19 game winning streak. The rankings came out before the 2 game losing streak.
It is the Big 10. Not much of a conference and the tournament will show it.

Okay, I'll one up the OP, explain Gonzaga to me. They're at 9 right? Struggled with Pepperdine at home last night.
Losing games in the BIG10 is one thing, playing nobody out west and ducking all competition is another.
I guess the pollsters have to move them up simply because everyone else is losing and they're not, but they're not the 9th best team.

Okay, I'll one up the OP, explain Gonzaga to me. They're at 9 right? Struggled with Pepperdine at home last night.
Losing games in the BIG10 is one thing, playing nobody out west and ducking all competition is another.
I guess the pollsters have to move them up simply because everyone else is losing and they're not, but they're not the 9th best team.

Sure enough that Gonzaga team is a projected 5 seed. So not only is their poll ranking high but it appears the committee is going to rank them high as well.

To be fair tho, I think with teams like Gonzaga, no one know how to evaluate them. Because they have played next to no one.

So on one hand you are thinking well Gonzaga played no one how can they be ranked that high and on the other hand your thinking well they are absolutely killing it in their conference (outscoring teams by 0.30 points per possession).

I don't think they are a 5 seed but I couldn't really tell you where on earth to place them either.

Yeah I’m not understanding how some teams are ranked where they are considering their losses.
Well, they just haven't lost, everyone else is losing games because they play on the road in legit conferences. Teams like Gonzaga inch their way up the polls because they get to play San Francisco and Pepperdine.
I guess the poll voters only feel it's right to hold them down for so long.
But just because Gonzaga is ranked 9th doesn't mean they will be the first 3 seed, they're going to get a 5 at best, then we get to see their stunned faces right after their name as shown.
They always think they should get a higher seed for some reason.

I kinda wish they would stay a high rank. Wouldn't mind them being a top 3 seed in our bracket.

Because UK has showed what exactly in a consistent manner that would make you wish for this???
That it has size and that it can beat teams that aren't battle tested on a neutral court.
What does Gonzaga have or do that UK can't deal with?

Reactions: Bigblueincincy
Yeah I’m not understanding how some teams are ranked where they are considering their losses.
What people don’t realize is overall the records across the board are worse than normal. There are typically a lot more teams with 4-6 losses and several with 1-3 at this stage in the season. That’s why you are seeing more teams with 7-9 losses ranked higher than normal. This year it’s much more difficult to differentiate a 10-15 ranked team from a 30-40 ranked team. Not a lot of difference between the two.

There really isn't

The difference between the 11th ranked team Kansas on Kenpom and the 32nd ranked team Kentucky is a mere 4 points.

That same gap last year..........8 points.

Who else are they going to put in there when everybody loses every week - the whole country sucks.

Prior to this week, they only had 1 conference loss.

They obviously climbed the rankings while other teams were losing.

Who else are they going to put in there when everybody loses every week - the whole country sucks.
I don't think everybody sucks, I think there's more parity.
I like seeing programs like Texas Tech, Auburn, Tennessee, Purdue, X and Cincinnati ranked high. New blood.

Reactions: Bigblueincincy

So, which team do you support most? Xavier, Ohio State or Kentucky ?

They are 2-5 in Quadrant 1 games. Not very good. Just played less of them than most teams so their record is better.
Yep...I meant legit #8 as in they earned their ranking. We all know ranking doesn’t always equate how good or bad a team is, but rather their record at the time.

TBH not only Ohio St.

It's the reason Michigan St is 26-3.

I thought it was funny because ESPN was upset they didn't get a 1 seed in the top 16 thing a week ago. They gave them a 3 seed.

I even had them a 4.

Nice record. But u play in a crappy conference and very un izzo like but his non conference SOS was terrible.

I don't think everybody sucks, I think there's more parity.
I like seeing programs like Texas Tech, Auburn, Tennessee, Purdue, X and Cincinnati ranked high. New blood.

I agree it's good to see these programs do well. Exept for Cincinnati, i would like to see them suck every year.

Reactions: kyjeff1
ADVERTISEMENT