ADVERTISEMENT

How in the world is MB still at UK?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny, but I have listed dozens of FACTS that you have never tried to contest-------must be because you can't. Instead you go on your rants about me dissing our PRESENT facilities, which has never happened, and your rant about you shouldn't be allowed to be a fan unless you live in Lexington, LOL.
jauk, most of your so called facts have been busted over and over but you continue to hold on to them. Like this magical $5 million you continue to talk about. If it existed then 5 minutes of research would reveal it...but it doesn't and you can't.

Because you said it...or even read it somewhere on the internet doesn't make something a fact. I've encouraged you to research information in the past but have come to accept that it's not something you're capable of doing.

There was a lot of talk about it on here at the time, IIRC, and it existed because of the increase in the TV contract primarily because of SEC football, IIRC, football cleared about $13M the year before but cleared about $18M instead with the extra money while the basketball program that had everything cleared a little more than $5M, and the emerging women's bb program lost about $2M. Not that I have a thing against investing in a money maker, and at UK bb provides extra money for our athletics while at a lot of SEC schools it was losing money at the time. The shortsightedness was in not recognizing that football was the emerging money cow and not investing in your biggest money maker. Unbelievably it was quite the opposite really, consider the unbelievable situation that existed for probably over a decade and a half with the one facility. Should I try to find a picture of it for you, do you want to get sick?

Do you want to argue that the men's recruiting budget was a little over $300K about that time, while basketball was over $500K, not counting Midnight Madness which is a recruiting tool and costs about $300K from what I have read. And that Thug U's recruiting budget was over a million at the time, and I don't know if they were paying for the "recruiting service" that got Oregon in trouble then or not, and they probably tried to hide that dirty number if they could. And I am positive that number didn't include the traveling expenses for the "Orange Pride", later banished by the NCAA with no punishment. Probably still operating "under cover", literally.

Official numbers released by UK at the time, sorry, and sorry, no one has busted them in any of these discussions. I thought you had learned that all you are doing is just making all the obnoxious facts get published again, you aren't doing your buddy any favors.

jauk, most of your so called facts have been busted over and over but you continue to hold on to them. Like this magical $5 million you continue to talk about. If it existed then 5 minutes of research would reveal it...but it doesn't and you can't.

Because you said it...or even read it somewhere on the internet doesn't make something a fact. I've encouraged you to research information in the past but have come to accept that it's not something you're capable of doing.
Mr. Fuzz,
You seem to have access to info many of us don't have. I'm not interested in bashing mb for the past. Like I've said, he has been decent to good in his role. Indeed, he has invested money in the primary sport...Football. Would you mind doing a little research? Could you figure out where our Football program currently stands in comparison with other SEC schools in areas such as : Expenditure per player; Recruiting budget; Amount spent on Football salaries (coaches and staff); Size of facilities (not stadium, that's another issue for a later discussion) but recruiting rooms/ training rooms, dorms, etc...; Resources primarily used for Football i.e. planes, cars, etc...?
That will give us a better means of evaluating Mr. Barnhart's success.

Appreciatively/ Respectfully,
ram

Mr. Fuzz,
You seem to have access to info many of us don't have. I'm not interested in bashing mb for the past. Like I've said, he has been decent to good in his role. Indeed, he has invested money in the primary sport...Football. Would you mind doing a little research? Could you figure out where our Football program currently stands in comparison with other SEC schools in areas such as : Expenditure per player; Recruiting budget; Amount spent on Football salaries (coaches and staff); Size of facilities (not stadium, that's another issue for a later discussion) but recruiting rooms/ training rooms, dorms, etc...; Resources primarily used for Football i.e. planes, cars, etc...?
That will give us a better means of evaluating Mr. Barnhart's success.

Appreciatively/ Respectfully,
ram
ram, the issue as I've pointed out with any of the expenditure/budget comparisons is that no two schools account for those expenditures or revenues in the same way. To express this point better for the most recent reporting year UK reports total athletic revenues as $124,006,908... with football generating $39,714,834 and men's basketball generating $27,239,237. So what about the other $57 million?
Whereas Tennessee reports $107,103,765 of football revenue, $18,595,510 of men's basketball revenue and total revenues of $135,949,847. So they show all but about $10 million, $4.3 million being women's basketball coming from those two sports.

Under the heading "Not allocated by gender/sport" UT reports $3,103,523... UK reports $55,070,746. How much more obvious can it be that the two school account differently?... at least for reporting purposes.

Revenues and Expenses Summary (UK)

Men's Teams Women's Teams Coed Teams Total
Total of Head Coaches' Salaries $11,002,272 $2,601,828 $106,713 $13,710,813
Total of Assistant Coaches' Salaries $5,511,716 $1,688,062 $39,262 $7,239,040
Total Salaries (Lines 1+2) $16,513,988 $4,289,890 $145,975 $20,949,853
Athletically Related Student Aid $6,757,019 $4,987,712 $96,742 $11,841,473
Recruiting Expenses $1,394,629 $795,461 $4,482 $2,194,572

Revenues and Expenses Summary (UT)

Men's Teams Women's Teams Total (they have no co-ed)

Total of Head Coaches' Salaries $7,782,614 $2,056,158 $9,838,772
Total of Assistant Coaches' Salaries $6,261,658 $2,014,110 $8,275,768
Total Salaries (Lines 1+2) $14,044,272 $4,070,268 $18,114,540
Athletically Related Student Aid $7,244,329 $5,743,948 $12,988,277
Recruiting Expenses $1,914,153 $568,014 $2,482,167

Last edited:
Reactions: SanAntonioCat
Revenues and Expenses Summary (UK)

Men's Teams Women's Teams Coed Teams Total
Total of Head Coaches' Salaries $11,002,272 $2,601,828 $106,713 $13,710,813
Total of Assistant Coaches' Salaries $5,511,716 $1,688,062 $39,262 $7,239,040
Total Salaries (Lines 1+2) $16,513,988 $4,289,890 $145,975 $20,949,853
Athletically Related Student Aid $6,757,019 $4,987,712 $96,742 $11,841,473
Recruiting Expenses $1,394,629 $795,461 $4,482 $2,194,572

Revenues and Expenses Summary (UT)

Men's Teams Women's Teams Total (they have no co-ed)

Total of Head Coaches' Salaries $7,782,614 $2,056,158 $9,838,772
Total of Assistant Coaches' Salaries $6,261,658 $2,014,110 $8,275,768
Total Salaries (Lines 1+2) $14,044,272 $4,070,268 $18,114,540
Athletically Related Student Aid $7,244,329 $5,743,948 $12,988,277
Recruiting Expenses $1,914,153 $568,014 $2,482,167

Thanks for the information, but what you've presented are summaries. In my former profession, I was frequently charged with the responsibility of gathering data from other districts with regard to the number of employees in different job categories, expenditures by program, etc...We did so to 1) usually demonstrate to our constituents we much more efficient and 2) to help serve as a measuring stick relative to programming. I do not believe SEC schools, multi-million dollar operations, don't know EXACTLY where their money goes by specific program.
As we've been discussing the merits/shortcomings of mb's leadership, as someone that is generally neutral about him, I would never doubt for one second that a person in his position and his caliber would not know the exact distribution of expenditures, comparison of facilities, etc.... by sport. I'd bet if the Pres asked for that info by 9:00 a.m., the information would be on his desk. The information is there....IMO, it would show that the power Football schools spend significantly more on Football than does Ky. If that's true, even with the improvements made, we will fall further behind. Again, just my opinion. It would be interesting to see the numbers.

I think the only way for this thread to ever end, is if Jauk11 gets invited to a party at U of L, in a swank gated community, the same day he forgets to wear his bullet proof vest.

Or he gets invited to a U of L recruiting "function" the same day he forgets to wear his bullet proof condom.

Or he gets "outed" as a former voting U of L Board member, without a bullet proof alibi.

Or he gets invited to a Pitino dinner party at a public restaurant, and drops something at an inopportune time, without bullet proof britches, suffering through the worst 8 seconds of his life.

(And I don't want any of those things to occur . . . ., at least not at once.):)

Last edited:
Thanks for the information, but what you've presented are summaries. In my former profession, I was frequently charged with the responsibility of gathering data from other districts with regard to the number of employees in different job categories, expenditures by program, etc...We did so to 1) usually demonstrate to our constituents we much more efficient and 2) to help serve as a measuring stick relative to programming. I do not believe SEC schools, multi-million dollar operations, don't know EXACTLY where their money goes by specific program.
As we've been discussing the merits/shortcomings of mb's leadership, as someone that is generally neutral about him, I would never doubt for one second that a person in his position and his caliber would not know the exact distribution of expenditures, comparison of facilities, etc.... by sport. I'd bet if the Pres asked for that info by 9:00 a.m., the information would be on his desk. The information is there....IMO, it would show that the power Football schools spend significantly more on Football than does Ky. If that's true, even with the improvements made, we will fall further behind. Again, just my opinion. It would be interesting to see the numbers.

Wouldn't it make senses that the recruiting and operations numbers for the same school would be calculated about the same way? If anything they might want to make football look like it is spending more money than they are in order to not upset football fans even more, at least in the era that I am concerned about. Contrary to what BD tries to claim I really don't have a problem with the coaches or the spending NOW..

Never said he didn't know but that detailed info isn't published and therefore cannot be verified. But the main point I was trying to drive home is that even if you had the numbers, they can't really be used for apple to apple comparisons because schools categorize things differently.

Again for comparison sake UK does not include the $9 million/yr debt service on the bonds issued for the stadium remodel in the athletics budget. No other school in the SEC reports making this exception. Should that money be considered part of the football budget/expenditures?

South Carolina reports the total $ spent on men's head coaches (all sports) is $2.7 million...UK reports $11 million. It's reported the Will Muschamp makes $3 million...Frank Martin makes $1.9...so we know the SC numbers at least are screwy. Cal makes $7 million, Stoops makes $3.5 million...

Yes in general, football schools will spend more on football. UK pays Calipari more than many of the SEC schools spend on basketball in total. UK reports spending $18.9 million on men's basketball. The next highest reported spending in the SEC is Texas A&M at $9.3 million. What do you think would happen if Mitch suggested cutting basketball spending back to the levels of other SEC teams?

The political reality at the University of Kentucky is that basketball eats first as Cal likes to say. Any UK athletic director that would challenge that notion would be out before the end of the day.
Just as there are red states and blue states...there are football schools and basketball schools where one or the other sport is more important to those who support that school. There are those who talk about which sport makes more money...need I remind them that the object of collegiate sports is not to make money. If it was, 98% of collegiate athletics would disappear.

The source for this information is the Equity in Athletics website. You can research any and all collegiate programs at every level.

Reactions: NewWildcatOrder
Yes in general, football schools will spend more on football. UK pays Calipari more than many of the SEC schools spend on basketball in total. UK reports spending $18.9 million on men's basketball. The next highest reported spending in the SEC is Texas A&M at $9.3 million. What do you think would happen if Mitch suggested cutting basketball spending back to the levels of other SEC teams?

Exactly. That said, IMO, a top level AD in the SEC has to figure out how to spend the same on Football as top level SEC schools. Otherwise, the gap between the Football "haves and have-nots" continues to grow. If the gap is growing, the AD cannot be considered to be functioning at a level of excellence. (IMO)

It's like when a politician brags about reducing deficit spending: If he is still leading us to spend more than we take in, he's still compounding the problem. You and other posters that are high on mb's work point out the progress. Admittedly, he has acted in a manner that benefits the primary sport, he has done a decent to good job. However, when it comes down to the bottom line, have we closed the performance/spending/commitment gap with Football schools in our conference?
I've not recommended or suggested spending less on bball. If more needs to be spent on Football, there are at least three ways to do so: 1. Find ways to make more money whether it is via wining and dining big donors; 2 Finding new, creative ways to market; 3. Eliminate or reduce spending on programs that detract from the primary money maker. That's part of the job.

Is there a phone number at Cats Illustrated that Jauk11 and Fuzz77 can call when they answer the question "why is Mitch Barnhart still at U.K.?"
Speaking for myself and after seven pages of BS, the answer, "because he crossed the road", works for me....
Let's move off this subject and may Mitch Rest In Peace....
I love you both but ....... yada yada yada.

Exactly. That said, IMO, a top level AD in the SEC has to figure out how to spend the same on Football as top level SEC schools. Otherwise, the gap between the Football "haves and have-nots" continues to grow. If the gap is growing, the AD cannot be considered to be functioning at a level of excellence. (IMO)

It's like when a politician brags about reducing deficit spending: If he is still leading us to spend more than we take in, he's still compounding the problem. You and other posters that are high on mb's work point out the progress. Admittedly, he has acted in a manner that benefits the primary sport, he has done a decent to good job. However, when it comes down to the bottom line, have we closed the performance/spending/commitment gap with Football schools in our conference?
I've not recommended or suggested spending less on bball. If more needs to be spent on Football, there are at least three ways to do so: 1. Find ways to make more money whether it is via wining and dining big donors; 2 Finding new, creative ways to market; 3. Eliminate or reduce spending on programs that detract from the primary money maker. That's part of the job.
I agree. The dividends of a truly competitive football program at U.K. has many in the SEC buzzing about what is going on in Lexington. The competitive gap is closing among all SEC schools and the day of the automatic win in football is narrowing across the conference.

mitch, the great football AD, did NOTHING above the bare minimum for football in over a decade BEFORE the STRIKE and the loss of MILLIONS from ticket sales AND donations from football fans.

Second part of the equation, what choice did he have but to throw the suddenly available money at the MONEY COW? I didn't say he was stupid, just slow, And I have given him credit for being LUCKY several times, Brooks, Cal, and Stoops three good examples of good hires with questionable credit to mitch, However I think we can give him a lot of credit for hiring Joker, not that I blame Joker a lot for failing under mitch, and for not vetting CBG properly AND for writing his contract on a napkin, although it could have been a piece of toilet paper, like BD says I wasn't there and he probably was.

mitch, the great football AD, did NOTHING above the bare minimum for football in over a decade BEFORE the STRIKE and the loss of MILLIONS from ticket sales AND donations from football fans.

Second part of the equation, what choice did he have but to throw the suddenly available money at the MONEY COW? I didn't say he was stupid, just slow, And I have given him credit for being LUCKY several times, Brooks, Cal, and Stoops three good examples of good hires with questionable credit to mitch, However I think we can give him a lot of credit for hiring Joker, not that I blame Joker a lot for failing under mitch, and for not vetting CBG properly AND for writing his contract on a napkin, although it could have been a piece of toilet paper, like BD says I wasn't there and he probably was.
You must enjoy these incredibly uninformed and insipid posts. Sitting silently behind your computer, you must thrill at the responses.

Man found throwing a tantrum about Mitch Barnhart, Athletic Director at The University of Kentucky at his daughter's wedding. Medical personnel was called in to administer valium until mental stability could be restored and the wedding could resume.

Reactions: The-Hack
Man found throwing a tantrum about Mitch Barnhart, Athletic Director at The University of Kentucky at his daughter's wedding. Medical personnel was called in to administer valium until mental stability could be restored and the wedding could resume.

Dang.

I am going to have to show you more respect, I didn't know you ran with that crowd------although I did suspect you had some connection to mitch, lol. I'm not sure what happened to my invitation to the wedding, I suspect it got lost in the mail. Same thing happened to his replies to a couple of emails I sent him back when his troubles with UK football fans first started, and they were civil believe it or not, none of the "microwave fans" etc stuff had happened yet. But then my long email to the NCAA about Jarmon being the ideal student athlete went unanswered also, although they said they were busy and would reply ASAP. I think it has only been about ten years now, I expect to get their reply any day now.

I wonder how that valium works, why don't you try it and let us know, I never did like to fool with any kind of drugs, never ever took a puff off a cigarette in my life. let alone weed, and I am probably running out of time, if I ever tried either it would probably be mj and definitely nothing stronger, I can't imagine any reason to start smoking cigarettes, what a waste of money and health. And yes, you will probably live long enough for it to affect your health, and it is a myth that most smokers can quit anytime they really want to.

I did take my first drink at 27, just a social drinker really, but boy was I ever social for quite a while.

I hope you enjoyed the wedding don't you just hate it when people make a pest of themselves for no reason.

Last edited:
You mean like Rich Brooks? Do you think Brooks was "laughable"?

A lot of folks seem to forget that was a Mitch hire. They also seem to forget that UK football was in even worse shape before Mitch--at the time he was hired we were coming off back to back 2-9 seasons, on probation, and the program was an all around dumpster fire at that time.

I remember a time when Mitch (and Brooks) was being hailed by our fans as the savior of UK football, now y'all act like it's all his fault. Lot of short memories around here.

Nice of someone to bring this thread up again, I was wondering where all the critics went. And there were a lot worse ones than this, the LONG one by fans swearing they would never donate anything to football as long as mitch was spending the money was a good one.

In answer to your post, Brooks did him a favor and volunteered for the job when he couldn't find anyone else that would take it with the support that he was giving. And of course Joker was an easy and cheap choice. The UNAVOIDABLE promise of a massive change in support (no choice after Joker) enabled him to listen to Stoops sales pitch, a masterful one that he has followed in recruiting, probably applied AFTER he told him of the NECESSARY improvements to come.

Watching the bb game, got real close for a while but looks like the danger is over now, 7 point lead with 30 seconds left.

In this case, I like it, my facts were better when they were fresher in my mind.

I still say of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most, some of my "fans" will really have fun with that one.
I’m one of your fans. Your passion is amazing

Reactions: jauk11
Jurich and Benedict are both available...think there are a few on here that would love to have them both

Jurich and Benedict are both available...think there are a few on here that would love to have them both

Not me, and you know it. JMO but jurich should be in jail, and I have been saying that for a while, $5,000,000 a year, the $24,500,000 to BP when no one else would take him, that and the $500,000 bonus both had to have kickbacks, as did the FORTY FIVE MILLION buyout to Slick Rick. Then THREE relatives on the football coaching staff, lol, but maybe BP just throws a daughter in as a bonus to get good coaches, he should have gone to jail in Arkansas IMO.

When a lot of our fans wanted to hire BP I campaigned against him on here although I acknowledged he might be the best OC around. I want to win, but never at all costs.

LOL, can't find it so I guess my non football post was about the NCAA's incompetence carried over to trying to give UK a hard road to the final four was deleted, but I have to point out that seed number two Cincy just lost to Nevada that trailed by over 20 and only led the last nine seconds.

That means that the FOUR teams ranked ahead of UK in their regional all got beat, so we don't face them, our path consists of the 12th, 13th, the winner of the 9th vs 16th game now on, (9th Kansas State leading) and then the 7th vs 11th seed winner. Then we are in the Final Four, wonder if anyone has ever gone there with a weaker tourney schedule.

The incompetent NCAA screwed up again, glad it isn't limited to just football. Of course with all those upsets UK could lose either one of those games too.

Last edited:
LOL, can't find it so I guess my non football post was about the NCAA's incompetence carried over to trying to give UK a hard road to the final four was deleted, but I have to point out that seed number two Cincy just lost to Nevada that trailed by over 20 and only led the last nine seconds.

That means that the FOUR teams ranked ahead of UK in their regional all got beat, so we don't face them, our path consists of the 12th, 13th, the winner of the 9th vs 16th game now on, (9th Kansas State leading) and then the 7th vs 11th seed winner. Then we are in the Final Four, wonder if anyone has ever gone there with a weaker tourney schedule.

The incompetent NCAA screwed up again, glad it isn't limited to just football. Of course with all those upsets UK could lose either one of those games too.
First, the draw is too hard. Then it's too easy. You would have us believe the professionals are "incompetent", but you OTOH are all-knowing. Basically, you have described yourself as a retired person with too much time on your hands. It's time for you to get a handle on it and stop making a moron of yourself. Really. Doing you a favor here, bro. It's gotten ridiculous.

Last edited:
Reactions: sluggercatfan
First, the draw is too hard. Then it's too easy. You would have us believe the professionals are "incompetent", but you OTOH are all-knowing. Basically, you have described yourself as a retired person with too much time on your hands. It's time for you to get a handle on it and stop making a moron of yourself. Really. Doing you a favor here, bro. It's gotten ridiculous.

LOL, reading comprehension is your friend, didn't I say they INTENDED for the draw to be too hard, but then the NCAA is so incompetent it ended up being the easiest? Just pointing out another instance of their incompetence, this time in the basketball arena, which they screw up also, even more so because they rob most of the money from the post season play, I read that MOST of their income is from this tourney.

Did I say I had anything to do with any of it, LOL. You have gotten ridiculous, you are reaching.

AND Xavier, another number one seed just got beat, and I think that regional might be UK's first foe in the final four-------IF the upsets don't continue and UK gets beat before then. It would be a shame if they do, not much excuse for it now, AND we should be getting better all the time.

And forget it, I am not your bro, you come off as an arrogant know it all, still think you must have a lot of help from mitch's office OR you are a "retired person with too much time on their hands". lol

The weird thing is that we have pretty much the same optimistic outlook on the football program, just that you can't stand the FACTS about how mitch treated the program for his first ten or more years in charge, and only changed when he had NO choice except for drastic changes------oh, I forgot, they must pay him all that money for being a political figurehead that won't stand up to anyone of importance, unlike his stance with the "microwave fans", he had no input on running football into the ground.

Last edited:
LOL, reading comprehension is your friend, didn't I say they INTENDED for the draw to be too hard, but then the NCAA is so incompetent it ended up being the easiest? Just pointing out another instance of their incompetence, this time in the basketball arena, which they screw up also, even more so because they rob most of the money from the post season play, I read that MOST of their income is from this tourney.

Did I say I had anything to do with any of it, LOL. You have gotten ridiculous, you are reaching.

AND Xavier, another number one seed just got beat, and I think that regional might be UK's first foe in the final four-------IF the upsets don't continue and UK gets beat before then. It would be a shame if they do, not much excuse for it now, AND we should be getting better all the time.

And forget it, I am not your bro, you come off as an arrogant know it all, still think you must have a lot of help from mitch's office OR you are a "retired person with too much time on their hands". lol

The weird thing is that we have pretty much the same optimistic outlook on the football program, just that you can't stand the FACTS about how mitch treated the program for his first ten or more years in charge, and only changed when he had NO choice except for drastic changes------oh, I forgot, they must pay him all that money for being a political figurehead that won't stand up to anyone of importance, unlike his stance with the "microwave fans", he had no input on running football into the ground.
Keep my telling yourself that. LOL! You and I have completely different outlooks. You are 1 of the most negative posters toward our school, and 1 of the least informed about UK in general. I do have a constructive suggestion for you, though. I believe you have a background in sports. You are not an intrinsically stupid person. Just badly misinformed. It’s obvious that you haven’t been on campus in decades. So, in view of your preoccupation with this board, you should invest in a plane ticket and attend the BWG next month. That would give you an opportunity to actually see our facilities and watch our players. It could immensely improve the quality of your participation.

I mean....he hired Cal....but that came with outside pressure....look at the other coaches hired by him.....laughable
Laughable. Coach Craig Skinner just took the volleyball team to the final eight on a an exciting run. Coach Rachel Lawson has her softball team humming. Coach Floreal is really good landing a silver medalist Sydney McCaughlin who is breaking records her freshman year. You just don't know UK Sports.

Laughable. Coach Craig Skinner just took the volleyball team to the final eight on a an exciting run. Coach Rachel Lawson has her softball team humming. Coach Floreal is really good landing a silver medalist Sydney McCaughlin who is breaking records her freshman year. You just don't know UK Sports.

In general the other sports are doing an amazing job. LOL, I watch ALL of UK's sports that I can, and actually TV is probably a better way to watch them, certainly you can watch a lot more of them. Saturday there were important basketball, baseball and softball games to follow, and the UK official athletics site is a great place to keep track of them, although I thought they had MUCH better live coverage a couple years ago. I was watching UK volley ball before they were that good.

It just shows how important money and support is in sports now, and hiring better coaches, although the softball and then the baseball teams getting swept recently shows you can never get too complacent in sports. Virginia might have had a tough lesson in that recently also, lol. And football is the money cow now, and OTHER schools have carried UK's sports programs since it was decided to invest most of the money it earned in the other sports, I still say they would have had MORE money to spend IF football hadn't been on a starvation diet for over a decade. UK football has thrown away literally millions of dollars.

Everyone should be very excited about Sydney McLaughlin, I was from the time she was signed in high school, she is a phenom. Unless something happens should set a lot of records, already has set a few.

vy095gTFXwGont0fclWZYg_r.jpg

Keep my telling yourself that. LOL! You and I have completely different outlooks. You are 1 of the most negative posters toward our school, and 1 of the least informed about UK in general. I do have a constructive suggestion for you, though. I believe you have a background in sports. You are not an intrinsically stupid person. Just badly misinformed. It’s obvious that you haven’t been on campus in decades. So, in view of your preoccupation with this board, you should invest in a plane ticket and attend the BWG next month. That would give you an opportunity to actually see our facilities and watch our players. It could immensely improve the quality of your participation.

Get real, the ONLY thing negative I can ever remember saying about UK is about your hero. In fact I am amazed at how positive both our posts about the program are, compared to our differences, although I am not sure your inputs aren't paid for, lol. I have had some comments about the scaredy cat approach to some issues when other schools are openly laughing at the NCAA, and I believe in following the rules, just not carrying it to extremes. Jarmon, self reported for a non prescription over the counter non PED, Tubman facing the kangaroo court and getting kicked out of the city, Caffey, our most promising player on D at the time according to coaches, two mj offenses when Thug U's limit was six and Transfer U doesn't keep track of them, throwing the seniors and the team under the bus when Hartline had too much to drink while nothing was said to the basketball star, I'm sure that wasn't Joker's idea although it was portrayed that way, lol.

The FBI grounded Transfer U's basketball program, NOT the NCAA, although the Madam and her UNDER AGE prostitutes should have already done it, and I have little doubt a lot more atrocious things have happened in their football program, many reported but they just laugh them off. The NCAA stubbed their toe so badly investigating hurtt at the U they were afraid to follow him to Transfer U. What a joke their sports programs have been ever since jurich got there.

UK has great facilities now, although a lot of fans overdo it, still not nearly the best, just among the newest and the improvement in a world of it's own. I don't have to see the facilities in person, when I saw the pictures of UK's "recruiting room" (how could anyone let that joke go on for about 15 years?) and compared them to Bishop Gorman HIGH SCHOOLS recruiting facilities (a few NC in football lately) it was obvious you were seeing the extremes in both the bad and the good.

The two players and underage cheerleader still begging for justice (right, they didn't see anything?), one of the world's major mysteries is how no one saw anything AND that the authorities can't make anyone talk, lol. Not as big a mystery as how the Pyramids were built, but right up there, jurich in charge explains a lot, lol.

Watching UK softball while on here, lost a three game sweep to #1 Florida but going for their own sweep against LSU today, leading 4-0 after one inning, three run homer by Cheek, among the leaders with nine I think. Had it programmed to start later, but started 1.5 hours early because it looks like rain.

Think I will have a cheap snack between innings, ain't TV wonderful?

Mitch “Beta” Barnhart sucks. Okay - maybe not total suckage but very mediocre if you count all of the great badminton and croquet coaches he had hired.

Just want to throw that out there.

UK up 7-0 bottom of 3rd. Thanks for the tip it was on tv

Yeah, but it got delayed by rain in the bottom of the fourth, and then cancelled, so we lose a win probably and Cheek loses her home run too.

Coach Lawson was really upset when they stopped the game, a lot of laughing going on in the other dugout.

Get real, the ONLY thing negative I can ever remember saying about UK is about your hero.
If someone correctly points out that you are badly misinformed because you haven't been on campus in decades, that means to you the other poster must be on the athletic director's payroll, or must at least be a hero worshipper of the athletic director. Because the other logical alternative (the 1 that actually makes sense) is so painful that you can't contemplate it. You are a retired person with an internet obsession, living 1,000s of miles from our campus. You literally haven't attended a UK game or seen our facilities in decades. So, you actually have no idea what you are talking about. Somewhere along the line, you have developed a fixation with this website, maybe because a few other anti-UK posters engage you here. In your internet fantasy, you are an expert on everything that's wrong with UK. But you have convinced yourself that you are a "positive" poster because you are defending UK against our evil athletics director and all the posters (like me) that he pays to shield him from your brilliant posts. You post this goofy stuff here obsessively. I guess it's cheaper than the slots, right? But give us a break, bro. Really.

Last edited:
"If someone correctly points out that you are badly misinformed"

I am still waiting for that milestone, when will it happen? My guess is NEVER, since it hasn't happened yet, even though , Sluggo, (that cancelled his long time tickets in protest but got BETTER tickets because TWENTY THOUSAND season ticket holders didn't renew season tickets in the family for generations in some cases, so he is happy), Fuzz (or whoever he is today) that has always defended every BARE MINIMUM atrocity (budgets mainly) imaginable, YOU a primary objector but no facts to contradict mine, and others with a short memory willing to forgive a decade of atrocious support, with the "recruiting room" alone used for about 15 years with NO upgrades defying all logic. Bishop Gorman's HIGH SCHOOL's facilities were about 100 times better for (illegal) recruiting than that atrocity-------AND they have won a couple of NCs because of them.

NONE of you, even though you all lie and claim you have, has contradicted the abominable operating budget figures I have posted, recruiting budget figures (typically for about ONE SIXTH of the free rides in football vs basketball), having Brooks give part of his salary to Joker when Bama came sniffing around, making Brown a Co-DC (in name only) to save the couple hundred thousand buyout (Stoops is about SIXTY times that), delaying the scoreboards TWO years past the projected useful life when built TWELVE years earlier, any improvements in your TVs since then?

Ten thousand to replace the folding chairs, folding projection screen, bare concrete floor, etc would have been a very high estimate BUT would have made a world of difference, hell he cost us a million or two by writing BCG's contract on a piece of toilet paper and now our HC has a $12,000,000 bonus if he FAILS at his job he is paid millions for. Yet NOTHING was done to improve that atrocity that our coaches had to lie about (if they were smart) for about 15 years while the famous (infamous really) picture of it was readily available AND widely used by all our competition, even the Mid American ones. The one that is suddenly unavailable now, anywhere on google, another masterful coverup, I wonder if someone better at google could look it up, maybe just ask Thug U for a copy of their many copies. I hate to make people sick, but sometimes a picture is worth a thousand words. and I am tired of all the fabrications on here, some new fans need to see what posed as our "recruiting room" for about 15 years, as painful and harmful as it might be. Actually the contrast should impress recruits.

I maintain that I have had a life to live, family to think about, (limited my trips to Kentucky to family reunions and funerals), AND actually being involved in football ON THE FIELD, playing in and running several flag football leagues, officiating for 33 years, usually FOUR youth football games every Saturday, sometimes EIGHT if the second referee didn't show up, which I considered MUCH more important than attending a UK football game, which I always recorded and watched if available anyway. My second year in the association I had their assignment and training meeting on Monday night, no football on Tuesday, (the ONLY day of the week), B games on Wednesday night, JV games on Thursday night, Varsity games on Friday night, officiating many hours on Saturday, and starting, running, officiating and playing in a city league flag football league with two games on Sunday. Pretty good league, stars from our company league, a team of ex UNLV players, Police Department, Fire Department, and another company about as large as ours. My teams day off I always officiated the other teams two games. That while catching a bus to work about 6 AM and getting off of it at about 6PM five days a week.

I have given enough of my life to football, way too much really, incredible when I look back at it. I wish I had a second shot at it, hopefully I would do it a little better, but the merry go round was great while it lasted, almost too many great memories.

Put up or shut up, dispute the budget and recruiting numbers I got from PUBLISHED sources, and quit lying about having proved all my FACTS wrong when you haven't even attempted to do so, AND insisting that you have to live in Lexington to be a real UK fan, lol.

Our football program was almost destroyed by mitch's dismal support for over a decade, now he is a hero because OTHER programs have millions rolling in MAINLY due to FOOTBALL, what other choice was there but to throw the suddenly available MILLIONS ($40,000,000 PLUS bowl money from the SEC alone, good thing with the money he has THROWN AWAY from attendance AND donations), our football program is in a pretty good place now (middle of SEC BUT rising, IMO) but all this should NEVER have been necessary when it should have been intuitively obvious to the most casual observer that FOOTBALL was the emerging money cow. But mitch was just another casual observer, right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT