ADVERTISEMENT

How good can Humphries be???

_NewWorldOrder_

Blue Chip Prospect
Dec 23, 2015
How good can this kid be? What do y'all think his ceiling is? He was amazing last night except for.......Well never mind. He played great. I think he's going to be a key piece down the stretch and be a major key for us off the bench next season too. But for real. What do y'all think he's ceiling is? NBA?

If he gets an opportunity to continue to get minutes he has the potential to be a Josh Harralson type player by his junior or senior season.

The scouts at the UK combine said he was the 3rd best prospect on the team behind Skal and Murray so I expect he will be a 1st rounder when its all said and done . I think he plays 3 years and leaves. Next year HUmphries , Bam , SKJ , Tai and either at least one of the 3 of Skal, Bolden and Lee will make a hell of a front court . Add Willis and Gabriel at the 3 and that is the nations best front court.

How good can this kid be? What do y'all think his ceiling is? He was amazing last night except for.......Well never mind. He played great. I think he's going to be a key piece down the stretch and be a major key for us off the bench next season too. But for real. What do y'all think he's ceiling is? NBA?
Didn't Jay Williams call him a first round (or lottery) pick next year after watching him in the UK-Duke game?

He's a future 1st round pick. Tons of upside because of his shooting touch and he projects to continue to develop as a shot blocker.

He really looks like he could be a great basketball player. He has great instincts on both ends of the floor. He can time his shot blocks and is in good position most of the time when he is boxing out. He has a nice touch with his shot and has "soft hands" around the rim for a smooth finish.

The only thing holding him back is speed, strength, and endurance. With a kid who just turned 18...I'm thinking that can be fixed easily. He has great skills and I'd love to see what he can do with a full off-season of workouts. Remember, not only is he young, but he also did not get to UK until late August so he missed summer workouts as well..

I could see him being ALOT better than Jorts because he has a much higher upside.

I think he'll be a stud. Pretty good shooter and rebounder already. He'll continue to improve and get better. He's going to play in the NBA.

I think there is not limit how high ceiling can be. As other have pointed out he has a nice touch on his shot and we know he can rebound. If you look at him you can tell he needs to work on strength and speed. If he puts in work over the summer he could be a very good player next year.

I think he can be a lot better than Harrelson. Like the dude above said. His ceiling IMO is Marc Gasol. I think he'll be a major factor off the bench next year and might even enter the draft after next season. Probably be a high 2nd rounder. If we get Bolden for next year. Then get Ayton and either Preston or Bamba the next he'll probably always come off the bench. But that's no big deal.

Confidence really.. He's got everything else. He'll get in better shape and more conditioned overtime.. But he needs the minutes. Minutes will grow confidence and confidence will lead to production. With how banged up our bigs are, there's no reason he should get less than 25mpg from here on out, even if that means we drop a game while he figures it out.

We need him for the tournament.

Reactions: wcc31
Rebounds with both hands, has a good feel for the game, nice touch from 10 feet in, CAN MAKE FREE THROWS, and seems to love the game. Give him an off season of strength and conditioning and he will play 15 or so quality minutes next year and be important. His junior year he will start and average a double double and be drafted mid first round and have a 15 year NBA career.

This has been brought up before but he should've taken a lot of Skal's minutes earlier in the season. He does need more strength and conditioning but really has a lot of skills that are we've been lacking and he actually WANTS to play. I'd be willing to bet that NBA GM's will be keeping a close eye on what he does the next couple of seasons.

Give him 10 or so more pounds of muscle and at least 15 minutes a game the rest of the season with Willis and Poythress out for the experience and he will be a great player. Probably not done growing yet either. I think Marc gasol is a great player to market his game after. He rebounded and blocked shots very well last night and had great hands for offensive rebounds and put backs and did not bring the ball down. Kept it high. So basic but such a lost skill.

He naturally gets the Josh Harrelson comparison because he's a big white guy, but I think he will almost certainly be better than Harrelson. He has much more talent that Harrelson had.

I think he is good enough, and will improve with more playing time, that I am not willing to relegate him to coming off the bench next year. He is a powerful rebounder, willing to battle and a pretty good offensive game. I think by the time this year is over fans will see a higher outlook for this young man. Glad he is a Wildcat.

He may leave early, but no way he doesn't stay two years. And with our front court coming in next year, I imagine only a slightly enhanced role his Sophomore year. I'd bet we have Hump for 3 years.

He may leave early, but no way he doesn't stay two years. And with our front court coming in next year, I imagine only a slightly enhanced role his Sophomore year. I'd bet we have Hump for 3 years.
He HAS to stay at least two years. That's not even in question. Due to his age, he isn't eligible for the draft this year, not that he would be drafted at this point anyway. I believe he will be at UK for 3-4 years.

ADVERTISEMENT