ADVERTISEMENT

How do you say it?

SmyrnaCatFan

Sophomore
Nov 9, 2012
Herro. Is it pronounce hairo or hero? I thought it was the former but the announcer were saying the latter during last night's broadcast. I missed the first game completely. So which is it?

Reactions: wildcatdonf
This quote is from Drew Franklin, KSR, on November 14, 2017, just prior to Herro's commitment to UK.

His last name is pronounced like “hero.”
Not “harrow,” like Ryan Harrow, thank God.

Herro. Is it pronounce hairo or hero? I thought it was the former but the announcer were saying the latter during last night's broadcast. I missed the first game completely. So which is it?
Had the same question... is it pronounced (her ro) or (hero) thankfully the broadcasts for the Bahama has answered the question Herro (hero)!!

I just hope they don't play that stupid "I Need a Hero" song at Rupp
If Herro scores 15 points a game, they can play the Wisconsin fight song for all I care. He is the most pleasant surprise on the team so far.

Almost every year, a player overachieves and influences our basketball team in a big way. Last year, it was Gilgeous Alexander. This year, I think Herro might be that guy.

This quote is from Drew Franklin, KSR, on November 14, 2017, just prior to Herro's commitment to UK.

His last name is pronounced like “hero.”
Not “harrow,” like Ryan Harrow, thank God.
harsh, very harsh.

If Herro scores 15 points a game, they can play the Wisconsin fight song for all I care. He is the most pleasant surprise on the team so far.

Almost every year, a player overachieves and influences our basketball team in a big way. Last year, it was Gilgeous Alexander. This year, I think Herro might be that guy.

I wonder, is it overachieving or did Cal know what others didn’t? :)

It’s pronounced blue mamba because that’s his nickname. Since James young isn’t around to use it, we will just refer to him as blue mamba

the way that it's spelled would suggest "hair" "ro"

the natural English translation of Herro doesn't remotely translate to "heee" "ro".

google "pronounce herro" and watch the first video

I read and speak multiple languages. The double "r" implies a short "e" rather than the long "e" according to English rules. I didn't know if the announcers were mispronouncing his name or if the language rules are suspended with his family name. Thanks for clarifying for me.

ADVERTISEMENT