ADVERTISEMENT

How did Duke NOT win the NC with 'the greatest' coach and 5 guys drafted (3 in top 16, 4th at #26)?

So let me get this straight. Your idea of a guy "playing musical chairs from team to team to fill-out an NBA team's roster" is someone who simply gets drafted and then traded to a team on draft night. Is that right?
My idea about getting things straight is giving it straight. Don't lecture me about getting it straight while misstating what really happened.

Last edited:
How did Duke not win the title in 1999 is the bigger question lol
That team was crazy good----but I mean, its not Like Uconn, at 34-2, a 1 seed, and ranked # 3, was chopped liver... That team had some dudes, including some cat named Richard Hamilton.

That team was crazy good----but I mean, its not Like Uconn, at 34-2, a 1 seed, and ranked # 3, was chopped liver... That team had some dudes, including some cat named Richard Hamilton.

UConn was a good team, for sure. Duke was a class by themselves that year.

In the championship game, Duke was a 9.5 point favorite. It has to be one of the biggest championship upsets according to Vegas spread in the history of college basketball.

Yes sir that is me!

Oh boy ... you just took me wayyyy wayyyyyyyy back for sure. And that is correct, Fuqmizzou made the board that broke away from the ESPN boards. Those were the days of message boards prior to social media, wild.
Yeah i remember you from the ESPN boards wayyyy back. used to also post on a general board that i can’t remember the name of, that some of the espn posters made. A guy with the screen name “fuqmizzou” or something like that.
First post but been reading posts for more than 20 years. The board in the 90s was a generic basketball board on AOL.

UConn was a good team, for sure. Duke was a class by themselves that year.

In the championship game, Duke was a 9.5 point favorite. It has to be one of the biggest championship upsets according to Vegas spread in the history of college basketball.
Going back to 1985, it was(point spread wise). Closest were:

Villanova / Gtown. Hoyas were an 8 point fav
Kansas/Oklahoma. OU was also an 8 point fav
UK/AZ.....UK was 7 point fav.

Edit: I did dig a little more, and saw where Houston was a 7.5 favorite over NC State. That is surprising....

Reactions: carbonlib23
The 2010 team losing to WVU and never really being in the game, is way bigger of a failure.

We had five first round picks and three lottery picks and lost to a WVU team that had no one get drafted and I think only one dude played in the NBA for a year.

Yeah, according to CCC, the reason we lost was "You can't miss 'em all". LMAO. WVU's point guard ate our lunch the whole game and CCC made no adjustments. Game over.

ADVERTISEMENT