ADVERTISEMENT

How confident are you at UK winning it all

Originally posted by Desperado_1955:
I rank this season right up there with how I felt in '96.
Can't agree here. There was ZERO doubt in my mind we would win in '96. Won't say ZERO this year just because of a potential game against Duke.

Duke won when Battier was a senior because of stripes .. both against Maryland and Zona. Although in Zona's case even refs could not have pulled Duke thru if Arenas hadn't been injured in semis. Don't believe it? Go back and watch the games.

Against Maryland, Jay Williams committed 9 obvious fouls but was only called for 4 including one not called where Steve Blake faked him up in the air and Jay landed on Blake's back with no call. Would have been his 3rd still no more than 10-12 minutes into the first half. That was the year Dickie V campaigned all year for Battier as player of year which of course he won.

This year, with Coach K getting his 1000th and playing the evil Kentucky Wildcats in the final wouldn't give me a warm fuzzy. We'd have to stay well ahead of them, altho in the Maryland game I mentioned the zebras were able to bring Duke back form about an early 20 point deficit.

ADVERTISEMENT