ADVERTISEMENT

How confident are you at UK winning it all

I'm about 95% at this point, which is higher than I felt about the '78, '96, '98 and 2012 teams at the same point in those tournaments. I just can't see anyone beating this team.

91% Starting to try and find any old couches so I can take to Lexington
This post was edited on 3/24 3:56 PM by kyfan606

62.5%

Never confident enough. Anything can happen in 1 game.
Now if the Elite 8 and beyond was a best of 3 series, then I'd be about 95% or higher.

95. Felt this way all year and there is nothing I've seen to change it (even the Poythress injury). This team just has it all- talent, experience, depth, coaching...the whole nine yards. Anything can happen I guess, but barring a total meltdown/collapse on our part and one team playing the game of their life for an entire 40 minutes, #9 is coming home.

48.1%

Broken down as:
95% to beat WVU
90% to beat ND/MSU
75% to beat Wisc/Ariz
75% to beat Duke

Does anyone think any of those numbers are way off?

As of now 60% and +5% for each victory until the final, though that depends on who we play. If Louisville somehow squeaks through to the final, 95%. But I'll be borderline hysterical while watching it.

About 25%. Not negative, but I've seen superior Ky teams lose in the ncaat numerous times. 66,70,75, 77,84, 97, 10,11,14 ....just in my lifetime.

75% - but anxiety is starting to set in. If I try to be objective, that Wisconsin/Arizona game is the one that really should cause some nervousness, with Duke in the final (if it holds up) similar but less so.

The anxiety is less about us and how we're playing than it is about higher stakes - and UofL suddenly appearing in the 16. They are a not very good team, but that bracket has really opened up for them.

Originally posted by ThroughBlue:

That was going to be my answer also. I believe it will happen, but there are some good teams left and one off night is all it takes. Never know, but if I had to bet everything I own on us winning or the field winning, I'm putting my money on the CATS!

Originally posted by Desperado_1955:
I rank this season right up there with how I felt in '96.
That week leading up to the UMass Final Four game was the most sustained nervousness I'd ever had as a fan. I KNEW we were the best college team in a long, long time. I knew they were focused. But man, we were playing a team that had beaten us and had only lost one game all year. It was torture!

Mostly confident, but still have a sinking feeling. (Got this same feeling in 2012, so maybe it's just gas
3dgrin.r191677.gif
)

Originally posted by ram1955:

About 25%. Not negative, but I've seen superior Ky teams lose in the ncaat numerous times. 66,70,75, 77,84, 97, 10,11,14 ....just in my lifetime.
I'm sorry, but this is the most talented UK team Coach Cal has put together for right now. 10,11,14 don't even come close. 2012 was a great team of course, but I just like the size, depth, and guard play better then 2012.

Got my shades on, butt in a hammock, and a super cold one in my hand.
smokin.r191677.gif

*really nervous about thursday tho

For those who are saying 80+...

What you are saying is that UK percentages something better than:
99% WVU
95% ND/WSU
90% Wisc/Ariz
90% Duke/Other

That equates to 76.2%.

Maybe I'm being too math oriented in my approach.
wink.r191677.gif

Not sure I think we'd beat Wisc/Ariz 9 out of 10 games.

I'm 100% confident in our players talent, heart, and ability. The things I worry about are things our guys can't control. The probability of the officials F^cking UK over if given the chance. I might be absolutely wrong about this, but IMO no one wants to see UK/Cal go undefeated and win the NCAA title. ESPECIALLY THE NCAA!

Im with you on that. Just because we have the best team doesn't always translate to a NC. I may be at 33%

Ditto what "Blue63Madison" said in about the third post in this thread.

95% confident.

Why not 100%? I'm a trial lawyer. I always tell my clients, "Even if the jury believes you 100% and decides the case in the jury room in your favor, there's a chance that they will make a mistake and fill out the verdict form in a way that says they found against you." Nothing is certain.

Nothing is certain, indeed ... but the 'Cats winning No. 9 this year is about as close to "certain" as I could see such a thing.

Go 'Cats !

Originally posted by STEVEGRO50:

Im with you on that. Just because we have the best team doesn't always translate to a NC. I may be at 33%
i am with you too. I believe that we have the best team but Az, dUKe, Wisconsin and even unc are good teams that could beat us if we have an off day. Hell, lousyville has such an easy path to the final four,they could sneak in and win ala uconn last year.

50/50. UK is certainly good enough to win it all but Wisconsin, Arizona & Duke are capable of beating UK. If we lose it will be because we had a bad shooting night. Shades of 2010.

ADVERTISEMENT