ADVERTISEMENT

How Can You Possibly Defend Calipari?

ZaytovenCat

All-SEC
Gold Member
Apr 26, 2013
Paris, TN
The record speaks for itself but his “coaching” today is a perfect example of how he’s underachieved with all his talent in 11 years.

Last 3 possessions he calls timeouts where we run plays for shots from Boston, a prayer from Askew and Sarr. Plus Jackson took the shot prior to this. Look at who the hell he’s drawing the shots up for. The ones who have shot horribly all year or haven’t even scored in 2 games. Yet we have a guy who has 19 with numerous 3’s who NEVER even touched the ball on any of those possessions.

Screw CAL. HES GOT TO GO!

The record speaks for itself but his “coaching” today is a perfect example of how he’s underachieved with all his talent in 11 years.

Last 3 possessions he calls timeouts where we run plays for shots from Boston, a prayer from Askew and Sarr. Plus Jackson took the shot prior to this. Look at who the hell he’s drawing the shots up for. The ones who have shot horribly all year or haven’t even scored in 2 games. Yet we have a guy who has 19 with numerous 3’s who NEVER even touched the ball on any of those possessions.

We'd rather see you go. Sarr had a great shot and maybe the best shooter on the team. It just didn't fall. Cal done a fine job today, he can't make shots for them.

We'd rather see you go. Sarr had a great shot and maybe the best shooter on the team. It just didn't fall. Cal done a fine job today, he can't make shots for them.
Man come on. Good shot? Yes, but the guy hadn’t hit a shot in over 2 weeks. You can’t draw that up for him. Not to mention it takes away the rebounder for a missed shot. It’s criminal that Mintz didn’t touch it the last four possessions, let alone get a shot.

You do not draw up plays with just one option. I do not know who was first option in the first drawn up play but the shot by Sarr was not a bad shot. He simply missed the same shot he missed against Notre Dame. The shot choices when you go full court with 5 seconds is down to who was open. I would like to go back and watch to see if Mintz was defensively taken out either play. I will always be a UK fan and I still support Cal.

Reactions: acatnamedmyra
The only thing that made me mad about todays game, is that Allen didn't get in. When you go 8 minutes without a field goal and have Allen on the bench fully healthy, that makes me mad. As far as the play being run for certain players, No.

I just mean overall. What would it take? Two years in a row with no tournament? 3? Is there anything Cal could do that would lose your support of him being the coach?

No one can defend these results this year. It’s bad. But if you think firing Cal makes us better in the future then I think that’s stupid. He still gives us the best chance for success. We will not upgrade by letting him go. Don’t let your emotions cloud your good sense

regardless of what anyone thinks about Mitch

Cal has put him in a "must intervene" position by being historically bad.

Actually he did it last week after the UNC loss, and its not that its a loss to UL so much as it is the improvement in this team is so marginal that no one can visualize this season being salvageable at the moment. Mitch as an AD can't wait until the end of the season to evaluate what went wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT