ADVERTISEMENT

Hot tub / spa ?

JonathanW

All-American
Jan 3, 2003
Thinking of getting a used one for outside (but screened in w/ roof).
Any thoughts or suggestions (avoid, or must have) from anyone?

Just purchased a swim spa. Kids/family love it. Has been quite a bit of maintenance. Pollen has been an issue. Have to clean pretty often. That said, it’s been worth it.

Just purchased a swim spa. Kids/family love it. Has been quite a bit of maintenance. Pollen has been an issue. Have to clean pretty often. That said, it’s been worth it.
Tell me more. We just bought a house with a huge deck and I'm putting in a hot tub or swim spa. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the spa versus a hot tub (I'm sure you've already been asked a ton of times, so thanks) and if the spa would be good for DINKs.

Tell me more. We just bought a house with a huge deck and I'm putting in a hot tub or swim spa. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the spa versus a hot tub (I'm sure you've already been asked a ton of times, so thanks) and if the spa would be good for DINKs.
DINKS?

I’ve had 3 over the last 25 or so years. I never go for the really high end ones. The one I have now is a Viking and it’s been fine.

I had one at the previous house. It was outside but covered. Don't buy a cheap brand and don't buy the most expensive brand. . Buy a middle brand but the best one they have. That's what I did. I need to look at getting one at my new house.

Also, it's not about how many Jets it has, it's about how many pumps and horsepower it has. If its only 1 pump with 75 Jets, that's not as good as 2 pumps with 75 Jets.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT