ADVERTISEMENT

Hopefully

wfm101981

Blue Chip Prospect
Jan 4, 2018
Not fools gold. Last few years been rough. Last year especially . Landed up with good draw in tourney and still chit the bed. This years team finally seems like a team that can make some noise. Our guard play will be outstanding this year something ,we surely lacked. Game is about spacing and we can finally do that this year. I won't say 40 n 0 cuz cal still can't coach well in game but I do belive he are a top10 team without a doubt and wouldn't be surprised if we got a 1/2 come tourney. We should press this year. We have the bodies and guards to cause havoc. Offensively, If we do slow weave @ top of key again I might wanna hang myself. Was so painful to watch the past few years. Blow teams out this year please. That'd why I miss pitino. His team would hit big lead and never let off. Anyway just ranting n raving.

The talent is not 40-0, that is once in several decades great level, and we ain’t that!
But it is good enough to think we have a chance at a very good, maybe possibly special (#9) season. Not the favorite, but one of the contenders.

Reactions: crestcat
If this team gets/stays healthy, and the freshman progress/adapt to the college game they can make some noise. I won’t predict any titles or anything, but the pieces are there for a good season. We just got to see how it all plays out.

If this team gets/stays healthy, and the freshman progress/adapt to the college game they can make some noise. I won’t predict any titles or anything, but the pieces are there for a good season. We just got to see how it all plays out.
Exactly. I think it's way too early to predict a title run based on what we've seen so far. The competition wasn't fantastic and I saw a little bit of "me" ball, that I hope doesn't show up this season. And of course, the biggest issue is that we still don't have a head coach that I'm confident in at all.

At this point I’m cautiously optimistic about Welch, pumped about Reed and a few other players, and highly skeptical about the post, both about the players we can field there vs SEC and NCAAT competition and about our guards winding up basically pinned down by enemy fire like Skal’s team if we don’t come up with our own inside power.

We hit January with no Ws, or at least no WT* Ws, I’ll start raising my expectations. And if that happens I’ll be real excited about it. Even now I see things I’d assume were really good signs if I hadn’t been so conditioned to expect the other shoe to drop, these last four years or so.

Not fools gold. Last few years been rough. Last year especially . Landed up with good draw in tourney and still chit the bed. This years team finally seems like a team that can make some noise. Our guard play will be outstanding this year something ,we surely lacked. Game is about spacing and we can finally do that this year. I won't say 40 n 0 cuz cal still can't coach well in game but I do belive he are a top10 team without a doubt and wouldn't be surprised if we got a 1/2 come tourney. We should press this year. We have the bodies and guards to cause havoc. Offensively, If we do slow weave @ top of key again I might wanna hang myself. Was so painful to watch the past few years. Blow teams out this year please. That'd why I miss pitino. His team would hit big lead and never let off. Anyway just ranting n raving.
Can you give some examples of this poor in game coaching of which you speak? And what should have been done differently?

And, one more thing, what are your qualifications to speak to those things? How many college wins do you have? I mean, you are seeing things not evident. So you should have the background to point those out to the lay person. I would like to hear it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT