ADVERTISEMENT

Ho-hum another school shooting...

Um, the post I was responding to was making the assumption (which he could not possibly know) that there'd be 5-10 teachers at every school in the country willing to take a modest raise in exchange for arming themselves and committing to becoming the first line of defense against a mass murderer wielding military grade weaponry.

So, I think my assumption was pretty mild by comparison.
Not really, $5,000.00 year might be worth it plus, I guess not having a gun and being shot at is more acceptable to some people. No chance against a 50-50 chance sounds much better.:rolleyes:

Sadly, most gun owners are painted with the same brush by the media as these pathetic sociopaths/lunatics or the terrified 3% that load up on guns in case someone darker than them moves within 5 miles.
You had me agreeing with you until you pulled out your normal race card. You are the true racist here, you can't discuss anything without implying racism. You are truly pathetic.

People in general want a boogeyman to point a finger at. Being able to point a finger at someone's religious deity of choice or political ideology as a reason just makes it more palatable and gives them something to argue their point about. What they are missing is that when someone commits an atrocity like yesterday, it doesn't really matter if their reason was political, religious, bullying, bigotry, trying to impress a celebrity or if they think their dog is leaving cryptic messages with his Milk Bones, the main ingredient is a 55 gallon drum of concentrated, industrial strength bat shit crazy....and we need to do a better job of identifying people with issues and taking action to get them help and seeing to it that they can't have unfettered access to firearms.

Last November, a former coworker of mine had been having issues that landed him involuntarily in a mental facility for a few weeks. He was released, but continued to have issues. His family tried to get him to seek help, but he wouldn't have any of it. I saw him at a retiree picnic in August, and he was really off the rails. What used to be a laid back, slow talking country boy who always got along with all of us was now rambling on nonsensically about the bible as fast as he could talk and to as many people he could corner and talk to. Two weeks later, I saw where he had been arrested for aggravated stalking. Then in early November, he got into an argument with his neighbor, and they called 911. He was inside his home when they pulled up, and he stepped out as they came up the sidewalk and pumped two rounds out of a shotgun into the two officers, then ran back inside and barricaded himself in. After a couple of hours standoff, he shot himself. One officer was slightly injured, but the other one had to have multiple surgeries. Here is a case of someone who was identified as having some serious issues, but aside from a few weeks of required therapy, there was nothing else. If they had bothered to remove his guns from his home at least until they could get him straightened out, those officers wouldn't have gotten shot, and he would probably still be alive.

I don't get what the hell he meant about the date? Valentine's Day? Ash Wednesday? Either way, tom Green has lost his damn mind

You had me agreeing with you until you pulled out your normal race card. You are the true racist here, you can't discuss anything without implying racism. You are truly pathetic.

He is a racist joke. I would never ignore or ask for someone banned. But it comes close.

I think he is pepsiman. Joker and Tubby should still be here yah!

Bullying is a lot of the problem.

A) kids are too sensitive to it.

B) we let it go on and too far when it does happen.

My daughter has complained of bullying and I try to explain to her that she has to stand up for herself and not allow it to affect her as much. But if someone "bullies" as an adult, it's called harrassmentt and it's a crime. If someone called me names every day or thrratened physical violence against me, that would not be socially tolerated. Yet we overlook it (for the most part) in school. And yes... Even with the new bleeding heart outlook on bullying in schools they still don't do shit about it.

I think it's safe to say that mental illness is the least understood human condition. Drugs used for treatment often cause more problems or makes things worse. It's often like trying to dig out a basement for your new house by throwing hand grenades.

And which of these these primitive medications can be used to treat a sociopath or a psychopath? The worst of these animals can only be controlled by locking them away in an institution, while most are just assholes to be dealt with every day.

Then there are the many functioning deviants who may even be able to pass a psychiatric evaluation, yet under certain circumstances can be influenced to do the unthinkable. The environment: taught values, and the conditions of society are a primary motivating factor.

As somebody said, we didn't have near the number of these atrocities in the past. The biggest change I've seen over the years is the deterioration of our culture as I posted above. I could bore you all with a horrific anecdote that supports this theory, but it's just GD common sense.

Last edited:
I would imagine there are teachers/coaches/admin in most every school that are CCW trained. Let them carry. That's pretty simple. Not a big deal.

Our stupid media/politicians just freak out about guns for shock value. There is nothing our government can really do to prevent this. Aside from obvious security measures - metal detectors, more secure perimeters, OH AND FOLLOWING UP ON CRAZY PEOPLE WHO YOU'VE IDENTIFIED AS A THREAT AND ARE KNOWN TO LOCAL PD AND FBI - let the good guys with guns have their guns and shut up.

***like others have said, I think this is mostly a family/society/community problem.
And what do you do when the first teacher snaps and shoots up a classroom? I guess we should let the kids carry then...

Courts, Hospitals, Airports.. a school isn't much different. Have to find a way to either have an armed police officer on campus or a locked away gun with proper staff training.

I'd like to hear from any parent who is against this idea.

For every armed teacher that would run out into a dangerous situation with good enough sense to determine who is bad guy vs. the possibly 1000s of good guys, there is a classroom of kids unattended and without an adult to protect them and make wise security decisions.

just sayin'
Mounted turrets inside the classroom, good call

They can do that now can't they? Not sure I remember it ever happening though.
No doubt that some teachers have guns at home. Some even have CC's that I know around here. They could have easily over the years brought them in and gone crazy but, as you have said, they have not.

Bullying is a lot of the problem.

A) kids are too sensitive to it.

B) we let it go on and too far when it does happen.

My daughter has complained of bullying and I try to explain to her that she has to stand up for herself and not allow it to affect her as much. But if someone "bullies" as an adult, it's called harrassmentt and it's a crime. If someone called me names every day or thrratened physical violence against me, that would not be socially tolerated. Yet we overlook it (for the most part) in school. And yes... Even with the new bleeding heart outlook on bullying in schools they still don't do shit about it.
My daughter has complained lately too. I tried to get my wife and daughter into the martial arts class I help teach in the past and they were not interested but now, my daughter started training with me last week at her request.

27749995_10213848697324037_7055070778321021967_n.jpg

I think it' funny when people say "sensible gun laws"

What does that even mean? Criminals don't follow laws so none are sensible

This is the dumbest reasoning. Our sockiety takes all sorts of security measures to make it more difficult for “criminals” to break the law. With this logic, we might as well dispense with security cameras, meta detectors, alarms, etc because criminals are always going to find ways around them.

If someone wants to shoot a bunch of people, there’s really not much you can do to prevent it.

Yeah, you can put in metal detectors and armed guards. That would prevent some loser from bringing a weapon inside the school, but this pos was shooting them after he pulled fire alarms and they were running outside of the school.

The backpack thing would be where I would start. You can have a backpack, but it has to be clear.

That’s where I would make changes. I want to be able to see what anyone that comes in or around the school has in that backpack. Seems like the best place to start.

You'd need to put metal detectors in middle schools as well. Hell, maybe even elementary schools. A friend of mine drives a school bus part time as his "retired" job. Three years ago, he had a kid approach him as they were getting off the bus at school and tell him that another kid had a gun in his backpack. He said the kid that told him was usually full of shit and liked to tell tall tales, so he just told him he'd "look into it", and drove off. He said after thinking about it on the way home, he called the school and told them what the kid said. Turned out that kid actually had a S&W .38 (thankfully unloaded) in his backpack, and it was a case of wanting to protect himself from a bully. These were 6th graders......

Reactions: warrior-cat
Giving the government control of our children's education is part of the problem, which is the case for those who can't afford to pay for private school. Newsflash: Government can't do ANYTHING efficiently or effectively. It's fraught with bureaucratic bullshit, waste, incompetence, political agenda, and corruption.

We need a voucher system or something similar to allow parents (who GAF) to choose the school that best serves their children's needs. Open up education to competition and you'll see a lot of problems solved. This includes implementing practical security measures and the unhindered ability to deal with all issues involved with managing children rationally, unfettered by government bureaucrats, teacher's unions and destructive leftist PC bullshit. Society would benefit overall.

Our society is what we make it, and while nobody will ever be %100 safe. I'm convinced that the unhealthy path we are on is the primary reason our society is being destroyed, including increased school shootings. Deluded leftist idiots think their system is like the Star Trek Federation of Planets, but this Marxist experiment has already been done. And the results aren't pretty.

You really want a stable, healthy society? Then wake the f*** up and stop allowing the narrative to be driven by the phony compassion politicians who only see these atrocities as an opportunity to push their agenda for government control of everything.

So many in this thread with such strong opinions, yet none have the actual balls, even behind an anonymous screename, to say what they really want to say.

Cowards offering the opinions of cowards.

All the while those living in the hills gave up their rights and dignity as a village and allowed some others to move in and take over their villages and rape, pillage, burn and kill all who oppose their way. They gave in to servitude in the hope that these new members would eventually come to their senses. Never happened as they were slowly enslaved. The End.

Last edited:
Reactions: ymmot31 and IdaCat
Anyone who wants guns to be illegal are morons. You're literally asking bad/mental people to be able to walk anywhere they want and shoot without having a worry to be taken down. Gun laws won't affect bad people, they will still find a way to get what they want. Gun laws will affect the innocent people who actually follow the laws and won't be able to defend themselves. Guess what, are we gonna make murdering people illegal??? Oh wait......it is. But guess what it still happens. What about meth, heroin, crack? Illegal but still happens. Now here's a huge pipe bomb for you. Do you really think if somebody is willing to kill people that they're going to let a law saying they can't have a gun stop them? If you believe that go ahead and check yourself into a mental institution. I can imagine it going something like "hmmmm I was gonna go shoot up the school today but these dang gun laws makes it illegal for me to get a gun. I can't be breaking the law!" Lmao give me a break, bad people will do what they want law or no law. Otherwise they wouldn't be considered bad people.....

Most of these shootings are committed by wacko democrats. In fact the vast majority of all gun crimes in the US are committed by democrats. Perhaps we should start looking at why mental illness and violence behavior is so prevalent among democrats.
How can that be? Democrats don’t believe people should own guns.

Kentucky prohibits any person from knowingly possessing or carrying a firearm, whether openly or concealed, in a building, on a bus, or on any other property owned, used or operated by any elementary or secondary public or private school
If a teacher was skirting the law and carrying a concealed weapon in to work every day. Do you think he would be charged if he used that weapon to stop a school shooting? Think of the public outcry if that were to happen.

Reactions: oldsports_
Idaho passed a law that allows licensed concealed carry on our state university campuses. A few weeks later an ISU chemistry professor accidentally shot himself in the foot while giving a lecture.

I'm not against CC, but people need to be fully trained and responsible before doing it.

Idaho passed a law that allows licensed concealed carry on our state university campuses. A few weeks later an ISU chemistry professor accidentally shot himself in the foot while giving a lecture.

I'm not against CC, but people need to be fully trained and responsible before doing it.
Slight point of correction, but there is no such thing as an “accidental” discharge. There are only “negligent” discharges.

A professor at Idaho State University in Pocatello accidentally fired his concealed gun Wednesday, shooting himself in the foot.

A student told KIDK3 the gun went off in the middle of class. Police said the gun was in the professor’s pants pocket, was not visible during class, and that the professor, who was not identified, had a concealed carry permit.

Dumbass.

Yeah....I don't have a problem with CC, but there's a lot of careless people and people who think a gun is a toy. There was an old codger here a couple of years ago who saw someone he knew in line when he walked into a Dairy Queen. He thought it would be funny to walk up behind him, put his gun in his back and tell him this is a robbery and to give him all his ****ing money. His friend didn't appreciate it, and I'm pretty sure he didn't think that maybe the other customers wouldn't find it funny, and didn't think that maybe a DQ employee might call 911, which they did. Could have been worse though. At least there wasn't another customer carrying that was as stupid as he was and wanted to play hero.

Reactions: AustinTXCat
I'd like to see some data comparing government spending on a number of things to that of spending on school security/crisis training.

How much is Planned Parenthood getting each year compared to school security?

How much grant money is going towards scholarships for illegal immigrants, compared to school security?

How much entitlement spending and other public benefit money is going toward illegal immigrants, compared to school security?

How much money is being spent on gathering moon and Mars dust?

How much left over money from the campaign coffers and war chests are going to politicians pockets as opposed to worthwhile endeavors like school security?

A lot of public colleges are spending tax dollars/subsidies on "diversity/inclusivity departments, officials, courses and training"...that's great, could some be spared for protecting school children?

How much money is being spent on Section 8 housing? How many individuals really truly need the assistance?

The list of spending could go on for another 50 pages...maybe some of the money from all those things can go to security upgrades for schools?

Maybe some money can go to more comprehensive mental health awareness/training so that the psychos can be identified and weeded out of gen pop?...By weeded out I don't mean sent to an "alternative school" right down the road, I mean taken to an institution.

Folks the issue is a complex one, and simple answers like "less guns" or "more guns" are not going to fix it. However, money can.

Fixating on and inanimate object like a gun and what to do with it isn't going to do anything. Take away all the guns, ammo, and sharp objects and you're still going to have a world full of psychos, so what then?

The answer is to attack the issue from all sides. Yes, there needs to be a gun control element in terms of weirdos not being able to get their hands on one. There also needs to be a weirdo element in terms of what to do with them. In the mean time however, until those issues are resolved, the schools need to be protected. All of those things cost money, a ton of which is being wasted across the board.

Mav, looking forward to your answer. Please respond to the FACT that we are the ONLY country who has this problem. Bet you won't.
We are not the ONLY country with gun violence. In FACT, we are pretty far down the list.

Those countries all also enjoy low rates of gun violence, but the U.S. has the 31st highest rate in the world: 3.85 deaths due to gun violence per 100,000 people in 2016. That was eight times higher than the rate in Canada, which had .48 deaths per 100,000 people — and 27 times higher than the one in Denmark, which had .14 deaths per 100,000.

You can read about it here but I doubt that you will.

Where did this NO OTHER COUNTRY SHOOT PPL LIKE US!!!!! crap come from? Other countries do have this issue. One of you stat heads look up per capita mass shootings.

Other countries are also shitholes with worse governments than ours...if you can imagine. Idk why it’s so cool to shit on our wonderful country. Stfu and let Donald make it great again.

The tight gun laws of other countries are well known. What we don't know so much about is how they deal with their psychos and folks who aren't capable of functioning in the general population.

Yeah, China doesn't have mass shootings...However, they used to throw baby girls in rivers, what do you think they do with the less evolved weirdos? I'm not brushed up on all the stats/facts, but I'm willing to bet that they don't mess around at the first sign of somebody being a psycho...

Yeah, middle east has less shootings...they'll also stone you in the street for being gay or taking off a your burka...what do you think they do with their real problems? Also, the study says it takes out deaths in armed conflicts. Fair enough if that is not taking in to account deaths due to western involvement, but what about tribal conflict that goes on whether or not Western nations are peddling about?

Where does the ethnic cleansing of Kurds fall? What about Syria gas bombing it's own people?

Can you really trust the accounting of Middle Eastern countries? I don't think the Sunnis are keeping track of how many Shias they kill and vice versa...

What about all the Christians being killed throughout the middle east and N. Africa? I find it hard to believe that those don't add up. I doubt the people in power or fighting for it are keeping track of all the Christians being gunned down.

Singapore...that's a great one...no guns, no shootings, sure...mandatory death penalty for possession of drugs...

Sudan?!?!?...now that's a knee slapper...has the writer of that article paid attention to whats been going on in that country and a lot of North Africa?...Yeah kids aren't getting mowed down in schools...they barely have schools, and the kids are the ones strapped with heat marching in child armies...christ almighty...

Cambodia...really?...maybe guns and gun deaths are harder to come by there, but you can bop a 12 year old for a pack of chewing gum...

"Welcome to Ethiopia, less violent gun deaths than the U.S., but in a constant state of emergency due to every other problem you can imagine...enjoy your stay..."

ADVERTISEMENT