ADVERTISEMENT

Hired an ex football Cat today

wildcatwelder

All-American
Jul 28, 2006
I interviewed and hired an ex Cat today. Very nice, respectful young man. He was looking for something part time, as he is going back to UK to finish his degree, said he only has 24 hours to complete to get his B.A.

He was a Stoops recruit, and a nicer young man you wouldn't meet. Glad to have him aboard. I THOUGHT his name sounded familiar, so during the interview I told him that one of the best men I ever knew shared his first name; that's when he told me he goes by his initials, and then it clicked.

I said, you played football at UK recently did you not? He smiled kid of sheepishly and replied yes.

I was just basically impressed with the overall good character of the young man, and also impressed he is going back to finish his degree. We can only hope the majority of our Cats have the character of this young man.

I interviewed and hired an ex Cat today. Very nice, respectful young man. He was looking for something part time, as he is going back to UK to finish his degree, said he only has 24 hours to complete to get his B.A.

He was a Stoops recruit, and a nicer young man you wouldn't meet. Glad to have him aboard. I THOUGHT his name sounded familiar, so during the interview I told him that one of the best men I ever knew shared his first name; that's when he told me he goes by his initials, and then it clicked.

I said, you played football at UK recently did you not? He smiled kid of sheepishly and replied yes.

I was just basically impressed with the overall good character of the young man, and also impressed he is going back to finish his degree. We can only hope the majority of our Cats have the character of this young man.
That's par for coach Stoops players & recruits I've come in contact with!

Last edited:
Id say its AJ. Tv williams wasn't here long enough to get big degrees, so it leaves two guys that were seniors. He never said the guy was a big man if it was CJ , that would be somthing that stood out right away.

AJ Stamps.

@wildcatwelder, what kind of work does your company do?

I like how you didn't realize he was a UK FB player until late in the hiring process. Tells me the young man is humble and not seeking to use his status as former FB player as an advantage. I hope he does well for you.

@wildcatwelder, what kind of work does your company do?

I like how you didn't realize he was a UK FB player until late in the hiring process. Tells me the young man is humble and not seeking to use his status as former FB player as an advantage. I hope he does well for you.
After thinking about it I don't suppose it's a big deal; it's A.J.

Yes, he was very humble. He used his first name, Alvin, and I liked him a lot. Very nice yoiung man.
My company is the largest security provider in the world. We have a myriad of contracts, from nuclear reactors, to small businesses.

Yes JON(-24), it's not everyday you get a former Cat applying, ha ha.
I hired a former EKU player last year, but he failed his drug screen. Really kind of surprised me; he came for his interview in a suit and tie, and had his degree in hand.

I don't think A.J would have ever said anything if I hadn't put it together. I believe he will make a fine Officer.

Yes, he was very humble. He used his first name, Alvin, and I liked him a lot. Very nice yoiung man.
My company is the largest security provider in the world. We have a myriad of contracts, from nuclear reactors, to small businesses.

I hired a former EKU player last year, but he failed his drug screen. Really kind of surprised me; he came for his interview in a suit and tie, and had his degree in hand.

I don't think A.J would have ever said anything if I hadn't put it together. I believe he will make a fine Officer.

When I think of Stamps I think of that crushing hit he made on the receiver in one of the first games that he played in. It as such a violent hit that it made ESPN's highlight film all day Saturday. Ironically working for security firm that clip would make a great commercial for your company.

We were left to choose between CJ, a guy who stayed in school during draft prep to finish his degree and until about 3 weeks ago was in the NFL, TV who is in Texas playing football and attending University (unless something happened and he face up the sport), and AJ...

I'm glad it's not a big deal to tell, because that's what I meant by you already told us, it had to be AJ out of those 3.

After that game against UTM I thought he'd be a 2nd day type player, expected him to be a 2nd or 3rd round pick. Was a hell of a game

When I think of Stamps I think of that crushing hit he made on the receiver in one of the first games that he played in. It as such a violent hit that it made ESPN's highlight film all day Saturday. Ironically working for security firm that clip would make a great commercial for your company.

I remember that hit well, along with the one handed interception.

But drat. another cop I can't outrun, lol, but then he will be just one of millions at my age.

Reactions: wildcatwelder

That's par for coach Stoops players & recruits I've come in contact with!
Same with me. I've only met a few, but they all were polite, respectful and courteous.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
AJ made a critical interception just before halftime against South Carolina in the JoJo Kemp game, didn't he?

ADVERTISEMENT