ADVERTISEMENT

Hikers - Pine Mountain Trail

bkingUK

All-American
Sep 23, 2007
Has anyone been on this trail? Apparently that will be part of Great Eastern Trail that parallels Appalachian Trail and goes through Eastern Kentucky. Considering trip this fall. Any recommendations?

I’ll be in that area hiking (and whatnot) Veterans Day weekend

Very quiet
Very pretty
Biologists daydream
Think g about a 2-3 day hike? Any recommendations on good place to start? Have never been on Trail at all.

3 people here in our city hiked there recently
1 rattlesnake bite
2 robbed and beat with pistol
3 truck windows smashed, keyed badly

They said they won't go back

I know there is Paddock sarcasm... but seriously? Like really?

8 oldsports_,

Bunch of pansies. I mean they only pistol whipped them, did not even shoot them. Keyed and broke windows, did not steal or blow up the car.

Don't know which is worse, the soft hikers or the even softer hoodlums.

The rattlesnake is the only thing to be taken seriously in this whole deal.

Reactions: oldsports_

8 oldsports_,

Bunch of pansies. I mean they only pistol whipped them, did not even shoot them. Keyed and broke windows, did not steal or blow up the car.

Don't know which is worse, the soft hikers or the even softer hoodlums.

The rattlesnake is the only thing to be taken seriously in this whole deal.
They live in the city, hiking boots, funny looking hat, compass, and 2017 Ford King Rancher They looked the part....

They live in the city, hiking boots, funny looking hat, compass, and 2017 Ford King Rancher They looked the part....

That sucks if it really is that bad. That trail will basically parallel the Appalachian Trail and be part of the Great Eastern Trail going all the way to NY. Nobody is going to use it if it really is dangerous. Snakes are easy.

ADVERTISEMENT