ADVERTISEMENT

Higgins case against KSR dismissed

He should still never be allowed to ref a UK game. His prejudice has already been revealed.

Totally agree...but, this could clear the way for him to do so.

And honestly, I kind of want him to ref a UK game. He couldn't possibly have a bad game against UK could he? Would raise so much attention on him I don't think he would dare have a terrible game.

And honestly, I kind of want him to ref a UK game. He couldn't possibly have a bad game against UK could he? Would raise so much attention on him I don't think he would dare have a terrible game.

I don't think Higgins will want to ref a UK game again.

His family was terrified by the avalanche of BBN hate.

He will never be assigned another UK game.

I don't think Higgins will want to ref a UK game again.

His family was terrified by the avalanche of BBN hate.

The worst version of BBN is when stuff like this happens. I don't care how bad he was or what call he missed, you should never, ever, ever message in any way the ref in his personal life. The lawsuit was frivolous and never going anywhere. But it's a shame he felt he needed to.

How could this clear the path? The animus hasn't changed, in fact, on his side, he's probably even more annoyed.

As for your last sentence, ref's act with impunity. So long as he was making "judgment calls", he could just claim that's the way he saw it during live play. He will never and should never ref another UK game.

The problem is that even if they have a policy that they won't assign him to UK games, if he advances in the tournament to the FF and final game, what would they do? Use him as an alternate? Deny him the assignment? It's tricky.

The worst version of BBN is when stuff like this happens. I don't care how bad he was or what call he missed, you should never, ever, ever message in any way the ref in his personal life. The lawsuit was frivolous and never going anywhere. But it's a shame he felt he needed to.
The only reason he "felt he needed it" was the almighty dollar that he thought he could gain. Plus, the victory he hoped to win in the court of public opinion.
I'm glad the judge dismissed the case WITH PREDUJICE. Screw that mf'er. He's garbage, he's a piece of shyt and a little bitch.

images%201_zpsxpg5ujaq.jpeg

BBN is no different than any other fanbase as far as the nuts. Just look at what Wisconsin fans did to a teenager Herro.

I'm not a lawyer but if a case is dismissed with prejudice does that not open the door for the person sued to recoup any legal fees from the person bringing the suit?

God, I'd love to see him lose his roofing business and everything else that wouldn't imperil any innocent kids unlucky enough to be his children.

He didn't have a "bad" game in either the Uconn, Wiscy or uncheat games. He was clearly biased and likely corrupt. He's a Cat Killer.

Big difference.

I really doubt he did need to.

Last edited:
I'm not well versed in legal terminology. Exactly what does "with prejudice" mean?
With Prejudice means that the lawsuit cannot be filed again. If a case is dismissed without prejudice, then it can be refiled during the statute of limitations period.

So the Rooferee's only option to continue his lawsuit at this point would be an appeal.

Also, something to consider is that the case was dismissed on a Motion for Summary Judgment. That means the judge when reviewing the motion has to view every factual disagreement in "the light most favorable to the non-moving party." So even with the court viewing all allegations in the light most favorable to the Rooferee his lawsuit did not present a legitimate cause of action. Matt Jones, Drew Franklin, and KSR should absolutely be awarded their attorney fees. This lawsuit was the definition of frivolous.

He knows what he did. It was obvious then, it’s still obvious to this day. You don’t mess with us. We can be a charitable, forgiving, knowledgeable, humble group of people but you mess with us, unprovoked I might add and you see what you get. He shoukd neved be assigned nor should he ever want to call another one of our games. We will call you out when we see you messing with our livelihood. Some folks don’t agree, say we are too rough, say we crossed a line? Phuck that, we were provoked.

The problem is that even if they have a policy that they won't assign him to UK games, if he advances in the tournament to the FF and final game, what would they do? Use him as an alternate? Deny him the assignment? It's tricky.
Yes, deny him the assignment. He should never have filed that lawsuit. Now there are consequences.

I won't be shocked at all when I see him calling another UK game. Just wait.

Dismissal with prejudice means that the case was decided as a final judgment on the merits. Not dismisssed for a technical or procedural defect with the pleadings. It means that Higgins can't re-file the action with the same claims.

Higgins is not super bright. In discovery, his roofing business financial records may have been produced. I suspect that he is using his roofing business to move illegal gambling proceeds into the banking system. Why else would a referee who travels extensively throughout half of the year own a cash-intensive construction business? I seriously doubt he does any roofing work himself during the offseason.

It happens all the time with other fan bases. It just so happens BBN is the most incredible in terms of sheer size and passion for the game of basketball. Others are just an echo in the dark compared to us.

Dismissal with prejudice means that the case was decided as a final judgment on the merits. Not dismisssed for a technical or procedural defect with the pleadings. It means that Higgins can't re-file the action with the same claims.

Higgins is not super bright. In discovery, his roofing business financial records may have been produced. I suspect that he is using his roofing business to move illegal gambling proceeds into the banking system. Why else would a referee who travels extensively throughout half of the year own a cash-intensive construction business? I seriously doubt he does any roofing work himself during the offseason.
Not just with the same claims, he cannot re-file based on the same underlying facts. Something new would have to occur for him to file a new lawsuit against Matt Jones.

It creates "Res Judicata" meaning the matter has been decided. It is a final and complete bar to the claims brought by Rooferee against KSR and its personalities on these underlying facts. Appeal is his only option, and he has 30 days to file a notice of appeal, so we should know if this lawsuit is dead in mid-April.

Reactions: Jkwo
Hmm...wonder if he will now ref a UK game?

It would still be a bad idea. Just because his suit is over doesn't make him non-biased. Having a ref call a game with a school that he had sued is worse than having a ref hold up a tee shirt.

Personally I believe coaches should be given a system similar to voir dire is used in jury selection. Coaches should be given a number of strikes that they can use to keep certain refs from being allowed to call their games.

And you know that how other than Higgins stating it?

Well, I guess it's a mere case of extending empathy as well as what I saw online regarding his business.

If you had your house called by dozens of people who hated you and knew your dad/spouse was being targeted by hundreds of online UK fans, how would you feel?

I'm not making an excuse for Higgins. He's trash and deserved certain elements of the online deluge, but I'm merely pointing out that dealing with BBN in the postscript of that game was no pleasure cruise for his family.

To assert that he'd somehow want to be involved in another controversially reffed UK game is really a stretch. I think we've seen the last of Higgins in March.

Last edited:

Higgins was/is/will be crooked. The fact a lawsuit took place at all means he should never be involved in a Kentucky game the rest of his crooked career. Don't wish any harm on anyone and specifically their families, but this guy will get his and when he does, tears won't be shed either. Can't live like a devil and want to be a saint when truth comes.

ADVERTISEMENT