ADVERTISEMENT

Hi, I'm blueaz, I have a confession...

Blueaz

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 7, 2009
Phoenix
Maxey's twitter video; is the first time I have heard a Drake song.
Now, I can chime in on the Drake/antiDrake discussions

If it wouldn't have said "Kentucky Blue" I would not have known it was Drake. I only really know his song where he says "you used to call me on my cell phone". Unsure of the name

Maxey's twitter video; is the first time I have heard a Drake song.
Now, I can chime in on the Drake/antiDrake discussions
Hey, I have a confession to, I’m stuck in the 80’s and 90’s and I also listen to smooth jazz and the Blues.

Don’t really give a damn about anything current. Except current 5 Star players.

I like old bourbon. Old cigars. Old guns. Old dogs. Old friends.....but younger women. Lol.

Word.
KB

I don't know how someone can't know a Drake song unless they're 50 I guess. This isn't some one-hit wonder. He's been a top hit maker, maybe THE top hit maker for almost a decade now.

I'm still trying to find a version of the video with better sound quality/volume.

I like Drake, and I like Scholarships, but I didn't like that weird remix in the video. Awful

Hey, I have a confession to, I’m stuck in the 80’s and 90’s and I also listen to smooth jazz and the Blues.

Don’t really give a damn about anything current. Except current 5 Star players.

I like old bourbon. Old cigars. Old guns. Old dogs. Old friends.....but younger women. Lol.

Word.
KB
Can I live vicariously through you?

Reactions: KINGBEAST
I don't know how someone can't know a Drake song unless they're 50 I guess. This isn't some one-hit wonder. He's been a top hit maker, maybe THE top hit maker for almost a decade now.

I'm still trying to find a version of the video with better sound quality/volume.
Turning 50 this year...

Reactions: LineSkiCat14

To me it's less about age and more that Drake songs have been played at almost every UK basketball event for 10 years. You all got ear plugs in? He has literally wrote UK into a song, showed up to BBM twice, etc etc.

To me it's less about age and more that Drake songs have been played at almost every UK basketball event for 10 years. You all got ear plugs in? He has literally wrote UK into a song, showed up to BBM twice, etc etc.
Last BBM I attended.... my friend fell in the stands cheering for.... Gimel Martinez
Maybe they will start to have a second bbm on the west coast

Reactions: shaolin style
I'm a rap fan, albeit somewhat older, (38) and I think Drake is talented, but his music is not for my taste in rap. Too much singing. If I wanted to listen to R&B, I would listen to R&B.

Like I said, old guy, but for me the golden age of rap is 1987-2003 or so IMO. I just can't get into 90 percent of the newer stuff.

That said, if current players and recruits like it, cool with me.

Reactions: 420grover
I literally don’t know one Drake song nor would recognize it was him if I heard one of his songs. [laughing]

I'm with you. Kind of like that guy that was married to Julia Roberts. Lyle Lovett, that guy was supposed to be a country singer with a bunch of albums but if I ever heard one of his songs I don't know it....and I listened to some country music...

This is the only Drake I'm familiar with....

985da0f444a3861179c7af8ca017d56c.jpg

I'm no where close to 50 and only "know" the song I mentioned in my previous post. Being a "hit" nowadays usually means it's garbage and 13 yr olds are downloading the crap out of it. So much good music out there, why someone would Wade thru pop music baffles me

To me, if it comes on the radio it's pop music. Whether you call country, rap, hop hop, etc, it's really just pop. And pop music is literally made for the masses and usually sucks

softball team played some Drake on the way home in the van last weekend . I spent all my energy blocking it out . Shouldnt even be called music .

I'm no where close to 50 and only "know" the song I mentioned in my previous post. Being a "hit" nowadays usually means it's garbage and 13 yr olds are downloading the crap out of it. So much good music out there, why someone would Wade thru pop music baffles me

To me, if it comes on the radio it's pop music. Whether you call country, rap, hop hop, etc, it's really just pop. And pop music is literally made for the masses and usually sucks

I love me all kinds of music. I love the Stones, CCR, the Boss, Pink Floyd but love rap as well. I think if you born before 1980 it is understandable why you may not like rap but with branding now I bet almost everyone has heard Drake and just don't know him or his sound.

Reactions: floatingyou
Had a Drake University sweatshirt once that I bought at a garage sale.

Drake gave one of Wooden's title teams a run in the tourney once, losing maybe by 3 or so. Willie McCarter is not walking through that door.

I love me all kinds of music. I love the Stones, CCR, the Boss, Pink Floyd but love rap as well. I think if you born before 1980 it is understandable why you may not like rap but with branding now I bet almost everyone has heard Drake and just don't know him or his sound.

Stevie Wonder was probably the originator of rap. (Yes, I am well aware of most of his music to state that. His latest works, not so much.) My two favorite artists are Merle Haggard and Stevie Wonder.

Reactions: awf and Fox2monk
Stevie Wonder was probably the originator of rap. (Yes, I am well aware of most of his music to state that. His latest works, not so much.) My two favorite artists are Merle Haggard and Stevie Wonder.

Songs in the Key of Life is one of the best albums ever. Stevie is a badass. Merle is too

Reactions: BBUK
ADVERTISEMENT