ADVERTISEMENT

Hey guys: Thoughts about my guy Quickley?

Love everything about the kid.

Attitude, competitiveness, versatility, length, defense, unselfishness, hits the glass, takes good shots, and always wanted to be a Cat.

On a team full of talent, he's incredibly important. He's a guy who can dominate the game without dominating the ball or the shots. He's what soccer folks would call an engine.

He's a phenomenal player, glad he's a cat. He's much better than I thought he was.
All of our guards have a different skill set which is awesome.
But for him to only have 2 turns and average 4.5 apg as a freshman in August (is he actually even a freshman yet?) Is unbelievable. I love a guy that can make/create buckets and Q can do that.

More athletic than I expected. More mature than I expected. And better defensively than I expected. Overall looks to be a very, very good point guard for the Cats.

Overall extremely pleased with him after 4 exhibition games.

Coach, what are you thoughts after seeing him in action for UK?

Love everything about the kid.

Attitude, competitiveness, versatility, length, defense, unselfishness, hits the glass, takes good shots, and always wanted to be a Cat.

On a team full of talent, he's incredibly important. He's a guy who can dominate the game without dominating the ball or the shots. He's what soccer folks would call an engine.

You always articulate your posts really well.

Reactions: GonzoCat90
For those who have followed me, you all know I was close to the recruitment of Quickely.

After a few exhibitions, what are your thoughts on him and his game?

I think you all will end up loving him, he truly wanted to be a Wildcat.

-Coach
Cmon dude. If you need to beat your chest on a message board i call bs.

Reactions: miracle7s
IDK half this board was saying he's not even going to be in the rotation. He looks like a natural pg to me.

He has a nice handle on the ball with good awareness on both sides of the ball. He’s shown a pretty decent touch from 3 pt, but I worry about his consistency from distance. He’s a solid passer and doesn’t make a ton of mistakes.

The best thing going for him at the moment is consistency. He isn’t elite at anything right now, but is great with decision making and isn’t overtly aggressive (in a good way).

He needs to work on finding ways to create his own shot. He’s a good athlete but doesn’t look super comfortable creating scoring opportunities for himself. He’s a competent defender but could certainly improve in this area. He needs to work on his short/mid range floater as I see a lot of potential for him in this respect.

His ceiling may not be as high as some of the others on this team, but his floor is very high as well, meaning he’s not a player that will hurt us in almost any game.

Reactions: ganner918
For those who have followed me, you all know I was close to the recruitment of Quickely.

-Coach
Smooth and under control. Rarely makes mistakes and can knock down shots. Love him

I think a lot of people underestimated IQ simply because he committed early. I know that sounds strange but that seems to happen to the kids that commit in the early period. They get lost in the shuffle with the spring commits.

Reactions: chroix and WildMoon
Works hard on defense, takes care of the ball, looks to set other guys up. Appears to have a great attitude and work ethic. Probably somewhat limited as a shooter/scorer. Gonna be an important player for us this year. If he can just be a competent shooter/scorer, we have lots of scorers for him to distribute to and his willingness to play hard defense will earn him playing time.

Reactions: Mojocat
Quikley is a very fundamentally sound player.. H does not have a certain skill that blows you away but he does almost everything right on the basketball court.. He's going to be a good one for a couple years at UK!!

He may be the most complete PG. Rebounding, passing, making 3's at a high level. He takes care of the ball at a high level. I thought he'd be slower to develop. Blown away at how good he is already.

Well my thoughts have been well known. Said he would start from day one and it had nothing to do with seeing him for years and him being from he DMV like me. Told people he doesn’t make a lot of mistakes and even though he doesn’t jump off the page he does exactly what needs to be done ala Jalen Brunson. I don’t think Hagans can unseat him until next year because he doesn’t have the overall steading factor/poise that Quickley has, Quickley has that think that upperclass point guards have

-Coach

Reactions: CoachX11
Bigger/longer than I thought (same goes with Herro). Very poised. Impressive kid.

I’ve heard the plan was to use IQ with Quade a lot, and pair Hagans with Herro.

It’s lots of competition for playing time and it always works itself out, but I think Immanuel will see 18-23 minutes and it’s going to be pretty solid play every game.

I think you’ll find him as a good shooter also, not sure where the narrative of him not being a plus outside shooter came from.

His biggest issue will be guarding physical guards.

May try and get up to Lexington sometime this year. If not, maybe I’ll be close enough on the road.

9 to 1 assist to turnover ratio.
I think he will be a stat sheet filler, getting several points, assists, rebounds etc during
the games.

ADVERTISEMENT