ADVERTISEMENT

HERRO

Definitely the best scorer. Another Booker in the making. Both were rated about the same coming out of HS. Both have very similar games. Can score on EVERY level. There’s some great value in that when you can also pass and dribble efficiently. Not to mention, dude is legit 6’6”.

Herro looks like he is the best player. Looked it in the Bahamas and certainly looked it again tonight. He's a willing passer, scoring machine and active on defense. How many steals he have tonight?

Reactions: PowerofPelphrey
We haven't had a shooter like this kid since Lamb. This is going to be such a fun ride and don't forget how this team projects defensively. Oh man, I can't wait.

Booker, Murray, and Monk could all fill it up. I would be thrilled if he’s at the level of any of those guys. Hot Booker, not slumping Booker.

Reactions: 4UK and Son_Of_Saul
And he's not just a shooter. Kid is a complete player. His best value will be outside shooting because he will spread the floor all by himself and then just go by people.
Put Q on the floor with him and I don't know how you defend this team.
EJ can also shoot it.
But Herro is going to make scoring so much easier for our 4's and 5's.
When's the last time we saw open lanes? For once, we have a great shooting team. It'll be nice to see a high powered offense for a change.

Last edited:
PJ looks like the best player to me. He looks to have taken a pretty big step forward.

We haven’t had a sophomore drafted in the first round despite all of Cal’s draft success and Willie is the only guy to come back and go in the first round. I think PJ breaks that trend this year and Nick as well.

Booker, Murray, and Monk could all fill it up. I would be thrilled if he’s at the level of any of those guys. Hot Booker, not slumping Booker.

Only thing that concerns me is crunch time as a freshman.

Reactions: Aike
Herro maybe the beat shooter we will actually see play at Kentucky. Booker doesn’t count because he didn’t get to play as much as he should. From what I’ve seen, I’d put him with Harrison, monk, and Murray. The thing that sucks, is he will probably be a guaranteed first rounder, as opposed to a four year starter at Wisconsin. The Kentucky effect strikes again

Reactions: awf
PJ looks like the best player to me. He looks to have taken a pretty big step forward.

We haven’t had a sophomore drafted in the first round despite all of Cal’s draft success and Willie is the only guy to come back and go in the first round. I think PJ breaks that trend this year and Nick as well.
We never had a Sophomore drafted in the first round? I jever knew that. Didn't Terrence Jones go first round though?

Last edited:
If Herro or PJ prove to be solid perimeter defenders, really the only potential weakness (small forward defensive depth behind Keldon) disappears immediately. It's not even a major issue, and may not be an issue at all because I like what PJ is doing on the perimeter defensively. Herro doesn't appear to be a liability either.

I’ve been wanting a dead eye puke type shooter for a long time. We didn’t get to see booker as much, and Aaron Harrison was clutch. I hope herro doesn’t go all josh carrier on us. It’s going to be damn hard keeping him on the bench.

End of games needing shots

Quickley
Green
Herro
Pj
Montgomery

Scary good

Herro maybe the beat shooter we will actually see play at Kentucky. Booker doesn’t count because he didn’t get to play as much as he should. From what I’ve seen, I’d put him with Harrison, monk, and Murray. The thing that sucks, is he will probably be a guaranteed first rounder, as opposed to a four year starter at Wisconsin. The Kentucky effect strikes again

Ironic thing is, that Booker was the least consistant player of any of them.. But will end up being the biggest NBA talent..

Terrance Jones

What about T Jones? Sorry didn’t see all the others.

I'll assume you mean under Cal...Harrison was not a great shooter. He was clutch in 14 though. . I'm hoping Hero will make 100+ on the year .. B Knight team made 287 3's on the year. (most)...I believe this team will be the first to make 300.
Lamb (68)
Knight (87)
Aaron (62)
Murray (113)
Monk (104)
Booker (58)

Last edited:
They can be bitter all they want, but look at how much more buzz and exposure he has gotten by coming to Kentucky, and he hasn’t even played his first college game.
Agree completely with your statement. Absolutely don't get how recruits can't see this...if your goal is to play only one season in college, the most sound and proven path is Cal and UK. The Kentucky Effect is real, we have seen it for almost a decade now.
Behooves me for players choosing second tier schools, with no national coverage. Going to UK, I believe gives you a +3 in draftability.

Tyler Herro is so smooth on the court he makes everything look easy.
Reminds me of Louie Dampier.

He should start at 2G which is not a given considering all the talent we have and Tyler has a great all around skills.

Love his game.

Too bad Baker did not get too play last year. Probably would have made Final Four. He can also shoot.

He seems to really enjoy playing in a way that reminds me of Derrick Anderson. I'm speaking of a joy for the game and loving to compete.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT