ADVERTISEMENT

Herro - NBA ROY?

Aug 21, 2019
I know everyone loves talking about Zion but Herro is playing VERY well.

If he continues to get the minutes and stays healthy...I think a real shot for him to be ROY.

23 Points with shooting @ 64% FG w/ 71% from 3PT

This is last night full stat line.

SPLITS GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
This Game 1 25.0 64.3 71.4 0.0 5.0 2.0 0.0 1.0 4.0 2.0 23.0

Probably ought to wait until they play at least a handful of regular season games before we speculate on ROY. Don’t forget all those stats from last night are a preseason game.

I think he could have a really good year, But good preseason games don’t win awards.

I'd pump the breaks. Tyler may just be the King of Pre-Season ball. He killed it for us last year before the games counted. I hope he shows out though!

Reactions: Wildcats1st
Doubtful.. But I may give him a real strong look in my fantasy draft. Zion is likely going to spend a good portion of games on the bench, and if that's the case, Herro might be a better pickup.

It will be hard for him, or anyone, to beat Barrett. Barrett only has Randle as an additional scoring option, and will probably be option #1 in NY. I think Barrett will put up big time scoring numbers.

Herro will be no better than option #2 behind Butthead, I mean Butler.

Zion will stay on the bench a lot as @LineSkiCat14 mentioned earlier from foulas and/or fatigue.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
It will be hard for him, or anyone, to beat Barrett. Barrett only has Randle as an additional scoring option, and will probably be option #1 in NY. I think Barrett will put up big time scoring numbers.

Herro will be no better than option #2 behind Butthead, I mean Butler.

Zion will stay on the bench a lot as @LineSkiCat14 mentioned earlier from foulas and/or fatigue.

I nguess I should say "maybe".. seeing as how the other Zion thread has a lot of sniping going on and total snarkyness. Maybe Zion plays 82 games and wins ROY by January.. but if I'm making a team and Zion is around the 4th or 5th round, I NEED to know this guy can play 70 games or more.

Fantasy basketball throws your fandom out the door.. I'm trying to win, Duke or Kentucky be damned.

Probably ought to wait until they play at least a handful of regular season games before we speculate on ROY. Don’t forget all those stats from last night are a preseason game.

I think he could have a really good year, But good preseason games don’t win awards.
100 % correct.

I'll settle for him outperforming any one of the Duke rookie "demigods" this year.
Agreed... and when he does - EPSN will still show a dunk of Zion instead.

I think the SEC network should invest more money into its basketball programming... then maybe we can get a more balanced and in depth coverage.

I know everyone loves talking about Zion but Herro is playing VERY well.

If he continues to get the minutes and stays healthy...I think a real shot for him to be ROY.

23 Points with shooting @ 64% FG w/ 71% from 3PT

This is last night full stat line.

SPLITS GP MIN FG% 3P% FT% REB AST BLK STL PF TO PTS
This Game 1 25.0 64.3 71.4 0.0 5.0 2.0 0.0 1.0 4.0 2.0 23.0

Dude, he hasn't played a single real game yet, so you might wanna pump the breaks on the ROY talk. There's a huge difference between exhibition games and real games.

ADVERTISEMENT