ADVERTISEMENT

Headed to Lexington for my first NIL event!!!!

Hey, what about the radio stations that carry the broadcasts?

I know small town stations couldn’t pay tons, but if they threw in $500.00 or $1,000.00 maybe they could get 15 seconds of Barion Brown telling folks to
listen to channel 847 FM!!

Thanks Hack for reporting back.

It seems like the ball (at least for collectives) is finally getting rolling.

I think to continue the roll UK, as an AD department, could allow people to send a percentage of their K fund donation to the collectives. At least for the first few years to build a pot of funds. Maybe like you can choose to send up to 25% to the collectives.

Just got my football renewal and I would definitely help in that way. Or if they do events in Louisville I will check them out.

I would imagine as contracts come up for renewal for UK sports you will see provisions that stipulate that partners give the collectives too.

I would imagine as contracts come up for renewal for UK sports you will see provisions that stipulate that partners give the collectives too.
Those are good ideas “thinking outside the box,” but if a straight quid pro quo, might step over the line.

I think the University could go this far, without repercussions: “Because so many of our fans and sponsors are directly supporting our athletes through NIL activities, the University will reduce K-Fund donation requirements by X percent, across the board, without requiring any individual to prove NIL participation.”

I suspect in future major deals, there won’t be language requiring NIL participation, but Hell, I’m much more likely to vote for Kelly Craft and buy from Paul Miller Ford. . . implicitly if JMI ponies up, as Learfield appears to be doing, I bet they have a good shot for a renewal, without it being reduced to writing.

Reactions: catben
We played #1 Georgia at home in an half empty stadium because JMI is holding us back… apparently. The truth is our football program doesn’t have the support of other top programs and that’s why we’re behind them in NIL not flipping logos, not any of these other made up lies. Tennessee’s football twitter account has 750k followers, UK’s has 250K. Their fans care more about football, they give more, support more, and they don’t make fun of NIL events with cardboard cutout photo promos that raise money for NIL.
I wonder why, surely couldn’t have been the Vandy game that happened 168 hours before.

I wonder why, surely couldn’t have been the Vandy game that happened 168 hours before.
You sure it wasn’t JMI? Whatever the excuse, top programs that you all compare us to in NIL would never have a half empty stadium playing the #1 team in the country. They have better support than we do. Most of y’all don’t even care about NIL, don’t care about NIL events, don’t follow players on social media, don’t follow UK or it’s coaches on social media. Y’all only care about the narrative and daddy Matt’s agenda.

Thanks Hack for reporting back.

It seems like the ball (at least for collectives) is finally getting rolling.

I think to continue the roll UK, as an AD department, could allow people to send a percentage of their K fund donation to the collectives. At least for the first few years to build a pot of funds. Maybe like you can choose to send up to 25% to the collectives.

Just got my football renewal and I would definitely help in that way. Or if they do events in Louisville I will check them out.
You can give anything you want to collectives. The school cannot fund collectives.

I'm glad we have people willing to throw their money to these NILs. Someone has to pau for the mercenaries salaries.

I have always said it's your money and do what you want with it.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
You can give anything you want to collectives. The school cannot fund collectives.
This wouldn’t be a school funding the collective. It would just be an offset of what you owe to the k-fund. I’m pretty sure UK can dictate whatever K fund contribution they want for tickets. So show you contributed $100 to the collectives and your k fund contribution is decreased by $100

This wouldn’t be a school funding the collective. It would just be an offset of what you owe to the k-fund.
Any quid-pro-quo that open is simply substituting funds due, ie, funding the coop.

Again, think about what you are saying!!

“Offsets” against what you owe one entity in order to fund another entity, is just simply the original debtee funding the second. If it were this easy to hide in the open, we could easily defeat the IRS!

I just sit back & laugh at you Mini Barnharts expressing SUCH OUTRAGE!!! and INDIGNATION!!! at the mere suggestion UK do a little more help on NIL. Such sticklers to the rules!!! So many virtuous pious pure souls!

Like Mitch, do you think UK is going to be given a big shiny award for BEST COMPLIANCE WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE RULE someday?

Take all your THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS THATS NOT WHAT OTHER SCHOOLS ARE DOING, read about Bamas Learfield NIL hub deal, and shove it down yer throat. Literally a national marketing company with dedicated office space inside their damn football stadium. Look at the proposed pictures they put out, is that the Alabama logo A on the walls, ****GASP****!!!!

Nil hub

S
Such sticklers to the rules!!! So many virtuous pious pure souls!
I have suggested JMI step to the plate to match Learfield.

As to the rest, be specific.

You cannot point to other Universities violating property laws that they have sold to Learfield or JMI. Learfield has chosen, wisely, to support its own investment, and as the owner of those rights, is certainly allowed to use them.

Are you an attorney? These rules for which you complain we are “sticklers,” are also called “laws.”

The one “example” you point to (Learfield and Bama) is not an example of either the school or the athletes stepping on the property rights of a "partner," but is an example of the partner who already owns those rights putting some more skin in the game . . . which I have openly campaigned on these forums for weeks.

I hope to see folks like Kroger, JMI and KSR investing to protect their own prior investments: all have greater interest in UK’s athletic success than does the average fan.

Last edited:
I just sit back & laugh at you Mini Barnharts expressing SUCH OUTRAGE!!! and INDIGNATION!!! at the mere suggestion UK do a little more help on NIL. Such sticklers to the rules!!! So many virtuous pious pure souls!

Like Mitch, do you think UK is going to be given a big shiny award for BEST COMPLIANCE WITH THE SPIRIT OF THE RULE someday?

Take all your THATS NOT HOW IT WORKS THATS NOT WHAT OTHER SCHOOLS ARE DOING, read about Bamas Learfield NIL hub deal, and shove it down yer throat. Literally a national marketing company with dedicated office space inside their damn football stadium. Look at the proposed pictures they put out, is that the Alabama logo A on the walls, ****GASP****!!!!

Nil hub
So they’re putting Alabama logos on the walls of an Alabama facility located on Alabama property. Wow, that’s really innovative.

At the end of the day, Alabama is doing this because they know there are lots of shallow thinkers in this world who are easily impressed by window dressing.

The actual activities that will take place in this fancy new hub are similar to the types of NIL support activities you see taking place at other power 5 programs.

The actual activities that will take place in this fancy new hub are similar to the types of NIL support activities you see taking place at other power 5 programs.
True, but if the "partner" to Alabama who already has paid for rights, as has JMI with UK , . . . . if their partner has come forward with more support . . . this gives UK an implicit ability to hint at JMI to do the same.

JMI's rights don't last forever . . . and there will be another bidding process, soon enough.

No, the existing contract does not require JMI to match Learfield's efforts, but if I'm JMI, I think I could take the damn hint. I'm pretty damn certain Learfield's deal with Bama predated NIL, also. And I strongly suspect Learfield will get the next contract with Bama!!

Last edited:
So they’re putting Alabama logos on the walls of an Alabama facility located on Alabama property. Wow, that’s really innovative.
Better, yet, the owner of the Bama symbols, Learfield is plastering Bama symbols on Bama property.

That is not an example of athletes or advertisers using them and violating the contractual rights of Learfield, it is Learfield itself, the legal owner using them for NIL purposes.

Maybe JMI learns how to protect their own intellectual property rights, already purchased years, ago, by more investment into UK's winning programs, and finding other ways of supporting NIL deals that they help fund?????

Time will tell.

True, but if the "partner" to Alabama who already has paid for rights, as has JMI with UK , . . . . if their partner has come forward with more support . . . this gives UK an implicit ability to hint at JMI to do the same.

JMI's rights don't last forever . . . and there will be another bidding process, soon enough.

No, the existing contract does not require JMI to match Learfield's efforts, but if I'm JMI, I think I could take the damn hint. I'm pretty damn certain Learfield's deal with Bama predated NIL, also. And I strongly suspect Learfield will get the next contract with Bama!!
Their partner has come forward with more support. Any amount of nonsense to forward the BS UK/JMI doesn’t support NIL agenda that negative recruits against UK.

It’s literally just a conference room! Every school in the country has a damn conference room. It’s tables and chairs in a room with a fancy name. LOL at matching Learfields efforts. It’s propaganda, unfortunately UK is busy fighting the negative propaganda Matt Jones and KSR sheep put out.

This is isn’t an example of Learfield providing more support than Alabama was already receiving from other vendors.

This is an example of Learfield adding new service offerings that compete with vendors like Opendorse who are already established in the NIL space.

Learfield is simply saying - we can do the same types of things that INFLCR or Opendorse do, so hire Learfield to be your one stop shop for managing media rights and NIL support services.

That may position Learfield to better compete against JMI because Learfield ends up with a broader offering than JMI. However, it doesn’t give Alabama access to any additional NIL services than what they already had access to. It simply reduces the number of vendors Alabama has to pay.

Better, yet, the owner of the Bama symbols, Learfield is plastering Bama symbols on Bama property.

That is not an example of athletes or advertisers using them and violating the contractual rights of Learfield, it is Learfield itself, the legal owner using them for NIL purposes.

Maybe JMI learns how to protect their own intellectual property rights, already purchased years, ago, by more investment into UK's winning programs, and finding other ways of supporting NIL deals that they help fund?????

Time will tell.
Uh, UK has UK symbols in UK properties too. Is that JMI using symbols for NIL purposes too?

BTW, for the 27th time. You can’t use Bamas logos in NIL deals either.

Information for Student-Athletes​

• Employees of The University of Alabama may not compensate or arrange any compensation deals to a current or prospective student-athlete for his or her name, image or likeness.
  • Compensation will be commensurate with the market value.
  • It is not permissible for compensation to be provided in exchange for athletic performance or attendance at The University of Alabama.
  • Compensation can come in the form of money, goods or services.
  • Contracts for compensation cannot extend beyond participation as a student-athlete at The University of Alabama.
  • Opportunities must not conflict with academic nor team-related activities.

• Use of any registered marks, logos, verbiage or designs owned and protected by The University of Alabama is not permitted unless receiving prior written permission.

• Student-athletes must utilize COMPASS platform to disclose agreements/contracts.
  • Student-athletes are permitted to obtain professional representation to assist with securing opportunities for compensation. Representation must be for name, image, likeness only and not for future professional contract negotiations.

Last edited:
Ohh, no.

We want the likes of KSR, JMI, Paul Miller Ford, Kroger, and all such entities with a vested interest in UK Sports TO F&#KING EXCEED LEARFIELD'S EFFORTS!!!
What efforts specifically? You want UK to call a conference room the NIL hub and say they “built it” from funds from the JMI deal?

Maybe someday!?!?!?

If I were an executive with JMI I would take notice!!
Take notice of a conference room? You love the false narrative. Just like last week you you implied JMI was paid for player interviews. Anything to forward the agenda.

Last edited:
What efforts specifically? You want UK to call a conference room the NIL hub and say they “built it” from funds from the JMI deal?
Read all my posts, above.

I've been high school Sophomore clear: Corporations with a vested interest in UK's success, including your apparent sponsor, JMI, need to protect their own prior investments . . .and poor teams are not the foundation of KSR's success: All should assist UK from being left in the financial dust in the era of NIL.

2-10 football programs, and .500 basketball teams are not what caused JMI and Kroger to spend their millions . . . both they and we better hope our total financial situation regarding NIL allows UK to excel. And "they" have the financial means to do a lot!!

• Love
Anything to forward the agenda.
YES!

To forward the UK NIL agenda!!

Your reading comprehension needs serious remedial help!!

Talk to your boss at JMI, and call KSR, and Kroger, and ask why they have yet to step to the plate to support NIL!!

Again, I will type it slowly . . . major corporate entities that have a vested interest in the success of Kentucky athletics should ALL be expected to provide significant assistance to NIL.

• Love
No, I can't.

But Learfield can and does (for Alabama).
You’re not even making sense. Bama has Bama logos in Bama facilities so that’s Learfield using symbols for NIL? Seriously? You seriously think this is them using symbols for NIL? Oh but UK Sybil’s in UK buildings are somehow different.

This is how important their BS narrative is to them. Any nonsense to take shots at UK they will go for.

Read all my posts, above.

I've been high school Sophomore clear: Corporations with a vested interest in UK's success, including your apparent sponsor, JMI, need to protect their own prior investments . . .and poor teams are not the foundation of KSR's success: All should assist UK from being left in the financial dust in the era of NIL.

2-10 football programs, and .500 basketball teams are not what caused JMI and Kroger to spend their millions . . . both they and we better hope our total financial situation regarding NIL allows UK to excel. And "they" have the financial means to do a lot!!
Well despite all the lies from KSR and the BS narrative that KSR sheep promote, our football program is in great shape. We will have the most talented team we’ve had in the modern era and you’re acting like we’re a 2-10 program. Keep negative recruiting UK with this BS narrative if you want but you will end up looking dumb in the end. Every time we sign a new recruit or top transfer y’all have to make up another lie to excuse it.

Oh and congratulations to Bama and Learfield for their conference room. Y’all are more impressed by this than y’all were when y’all claimed they were building $600 million in facilities when in reality it was a 10 year initiative to build $600 million in facilities. They sure know how to manipulate the simpletons.

YES!

To forward the UK NIL agenda!!

Your reading comprehension needs serious remedial help!!

Talk to your boss at JMI, and call KSR, and Kroger, and ask why they have yet to step to the plate to support NIL!!

Again, I will type it slowly . . . major corporate entities that have a vested interest in the success of Kentucky athletics should ALL be expected to provide significant assistance to NIL.
You literally thought JMI charged media outlets for player interviews but my reading comprehension needs help. LOL, sure.

I think this requires some expenditure on Learfield's part . . . mighty swanky ish to have been done for free.
That simply means that Learfield believes that the Alabama rights are lucrative enough that it’s worth the investment.

In the past, Alabama’s deal with Learfield was broader than our deal with JMI. For example, Learfield’s previous deal with Alabama included things like stadium concessions and pouring rights.

Regardless, the fact that Learfield is making an investment doesn’t change the fact that Learfield is simply providing the same type of services that Alabama could already get from other vendors. There’s nothing new there.

You’re not even making sense. Bama has Bama logos in Bama facilities so that’s Learfield using symbols for NIL? Seriously? You seriously think this is them using symbols for NIL? Oh but UK Sybil’s in UK buildings are somehow different.

This is how important their BS narrative is to them. Any nonsense to take shots at UK they will go for.
Again, you have failed to read with any degree of comprehension.

Let me be 4th grade level for you.

JMI and Learfield are in the same "business."

"Business" is where people make money.

To make money, Learfield and JMI purchase branding rights, etc., from major Universities.

There are several major Universities.

Two of them are named "The University of Kentucky" and the "The University of Alabama."

The University of Kentucky sold it's rights for millions of dollars to JMI.

The University of Alabama sold their rights for millions of dollars to Learfield.

JMI owns the intellectual property rights of UK.

Learfield owns the same rights from Alabama.

Both JMI and Learfield justifiably protect their property rights.

Private corporations can pay players for their Name, Image and Likeness.

Learfield has gone above and beyond the (current) efforts of JMI, lending it's name and allowing the use in a recruiting center in assistance of Alabama NIL efforts.

But it ain’t just JMI, Gorilla, it is the folks you don’t like, too. Has KSR helped with UK’s NIL? Has Kroger?

Hell, JMI, Kroger and KSR, and many others have a vested interest in supporting NIL.

Your better argument, Gorilla, to the KAR cadre’ is to ask, rhetorically, how much has Matt Jones/KSR thrown at Kentucky NIL?

If your going to bring it to this forum, Gorilla, at least get a fifth grader to help you out!!

Last edited:
  • Love
Again, you have failed to read with any degree of comprehension.

Let me be 4th grade level for you.

JMI and Learfield are in the same "business."

"Business" is where people make money.

To make money, Learfield and JMI purchase branding rights, etc., from major Universities.

There are several major Universities.

Two of them are named "The University of Kentucky" and the "The University of Alabama."

The University of Kentucky sold it's rights for millions of dollars to JMI.

The University of Alabama sold their rights for millions of dollars to Learfield.

JMI owns the intellectual property rights of UK.

Learfield owns the same rights from Alabama.

Both JMI and Learfield justifiably protect their property rights.

Private corporations like can pay players for their Name, Image and Likeness.

Learfield has gone above and beyond the (current) efforts of JMI, lending it's name and allowing the use in a recruiting center in assistance of Alabama NIL efforts.

If your going to bring it to this forum, Gorilla, at least get a fifth grader to help you out!!!
How has Learfield gone above and beyond. Explain your lie. Y’all make these vague claims with nothing to back them up then act as if they’re true. Your argument is Learfield lended Bamas name to Bama for use in a recruiting center for assistance for Bamas NIL efforts. It’s a recruiting center that raises money for NIL or something? LOL, seriously? They named a conference room the NIL hub. Spin it how you want but it’s a conference room.

A recruiting center at Bama has Bamas name on it and that helps with NIL efforts. The UK symbols in UK recruiting room are meaningless tho because it doesn’t help this frauds agenda.

Since Bama has this conference room with Bama symbols in it I bet they’ll pass us in recruiting now and become a superior program.

w

Quite me on that. Your prior “inaccurate reading” suggested I thought athletes were charged for interviews!!
You said I wonder how much JMI got paid in reference to the Leary interview. You’re only interested in promoting a BS narrative.

UK has been partnered with INFLCR and Opendorse since the Peevy days and the entirety of NIL. Funny how that’s no big deal but you celebrate and promote Bama while trashing UK. Anything for the agenda.

ADVERTISEMENT