ADVERTISEMENT

Haymarket Bar in Louisville / lots of allegations

BigTyrone

All-American
May 21, 2002
planet earth
Has anyone been following this? The owner of the bar has been accused of sexual assault by nearly twenty women. Maybe more by now. Some of the accusations are really disturbing. Sick ****er.

If that dude is a rapist, he should go to jail.

However,

What happened to just going to the gd police, reporting a crime and letting them handle it?

If this dude is innocent (unlikely as it may seem) his business and life are ruined.

Here’s a comment from the thread on FB. “And I'm starting to formulate my plan to out someone as well.”

No. There is no ‘plan’. Stop waiting for your time to out someone on social media. Call the police and have the dude brought in. Simple.

And stop using memes as a way to get attention for a serious accusation like RAPE.

If that dude is a rapist, he should go to jail.

However,

What happened to just going to the gd police, reporting a crime and letting them handle it?

If this dude is innocent (unlikely as it may seem) his business and life are ruined.

Here’s a comment from the thread on FB. “And I'm starting to formulate my plan to out someone as well.”

No. There is no ‘plan’. Stop waiting for your time to out someone on social media. Call the police and have the dude brought in. Simple.

And stop using memes as a way to get attention for a serious accusation like RAPE.

I think the problem after a rape is if there is no real evidence it’s a he said she said. The only way to get real evidence is to go in before showering or anything and having them remove the man’s seman from your vagina. If you don’t do this and you want to get into the ge said she said stuff in a trial then you basically have an attorney trying their best to make you out as someone who is so slutty there is no way that you said no to anyone. I think what is going on here is a lot of these women are so unsure of themselves that they think they may have said yes or led someone on and they feel guilty themselves. Once one or two others pen the same guy then they know for sure so they pile on. Just trying to be a bit empathetic here. I’m 6’1” and weigh 240 and I’m about as pretty as a shovel so I will never know what it’s liked to be raped but I can surely imagine what it would be like for my wife or daughter to be raped and that gets my blood boiling.

Reactions: mailman85
I've hung out with Landan a few times at bourbon events. Always struck me as a little odd. Seems like he's already lost the battle here - too much smoke for there not to be some fire.

Don't live in Louisville or keep up with their local news.

Thanks for the link detailing the info, though.

This will gain some pretty widespread attention because Haymarket is a nationally known bar among whisky afficianados. It's not quite on the Hard Water or Jack Rose level, but it's very highly rated.

Has anyone been following this? The owner of the bar has been accused of sexual assault by nearly twenty women. Maybe more by now. Some of the accusations are really disturbing. Sick ****er.

Hey BIG T, where are you getting your stories about this from ? The rest of us may just want to read it. Or did you just post cause you are close to the situation ?

The guy has been a piece of shite since Derby City Espresso. He’s been treating people pretty poorly since he arrived in louisville. Widely despised in the bourbon industry except for a few hero-worshipping customers of the bar, which was only good because of a few of the bartenders who knew their stuff and were good at their job.

One story like this would be questionable, two odd, three very suspicious, at this point, he’s been exposed as a monster. He took down all the social media for himself and the bar. Closed the bar down.

Trust fund kid, probably already skipped town.

Reactions: JohnKBA
Hey BIG T, where are you getting your stories about this from ? The rest of us may just want to read it. Or did you just post cause you are close to the situation ?
Yeah, rape itself is pretty disturbing but he's gonna say that some of the accusations are really disturbing. What was this guy doing??

It appears that he was into roofies, floories, or forgetmenots. I have never purchased controlled substances from anyone other than a pharmacy, so I am slow on the subject.

Are these an up sell on a pot purchase or what?

N/M, I guess it's just a facebook post. I mean, I guess if that's how she feels is best to get this out there... good for her. Assuming it's true. However, at this point she needs to go to the authorities.

Weird way to go about it.

Last edited:
I think a lot of women are ashamed of it, even though it was out of their control. Some that are drugged, blame themselves. Scared to admit it or be labeled or stigmatized by the event.

A friend of mine always felt that it made her tainted goods to other men to be known as someone who was raped.

I agree, it’s not the optimal way to handle it but doesn’t make it untrue.

Reactions: Kaizer Sosay
I just did a Facebook search and it shows tons of stories. It’s blowing up. I went on yelp and even there some of the latest pictures are comments about these allegations and crushing this guy. Unbelievable. It’s crazy to think that everyday guys are out there raping multiple people continuously and getting away with it while living as if nothing is going on. Pretty sickening stuff.

Reactions: JohnKBA
I just did a Facebook search and it shows tons of stories. It’s blowing up. I went on yelp and even there some of the latest pictures are comments about these allegations and crushing this guy. Unbelievable. It’s crazy to think that everyday guys are out there raping multiple people continuously and getting away with it while living as if nothing is going on. Pretty sickening stuff.

Yeah - it's everywhere now. They have an event set up for tomorrow night at Haymarket to "Protest Matthew Landan and Rape Culture."

The bar has been closed the last 2 days - I doubt it will reopen under Landan's ownership. It will have to be sold to have a chance at bouncing back.

ADVERTISEMENT