ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever cried after a loss?

Usually, the response is anger but in 92 I was even more sad than pissed and yeah I had some tears.

Tears of joy came in 96 though.
Never cried about a game but I will admit to the huge lump in my throat when the players were holding up the 96 trophy and “One Shining Moment” was playing. It had been a long time coming.

Reactions: ZenCatFan73
lol. im literally screen shotting some of this thread and sending it to my buddies. lol. So many Pu%$ies on here. I almost feel like some of you are joking.

are you?

I wasn't heave sobbing like Ted at the end of Something About Mary, but I was stunned and my eyes watered up pretty good. We've had so many tough losses, but that 92 game was the only one I can think of where we had the ultimate joy (Woods' shot) followed by the ultimate dagger. Then watching Laettner celebrate. It felt like Cobra Kai just swept my leg.

After the Runts lost the 66 final game to Texas Western. That remains the hardest loss of my lifetime. I remember Larry Conley crying while trying to speak to the crowd at Memorial the next day. What a hard loss that was.

Reactions: Wall Knight Teague
Nope. I have been furiously upset and become not very nice to be around. Never cried. EVER.

Reactions: tluck88
3NM7nKl.gif

No. I go to my happy place.
Does your happy place have a sister?

Can't say I didn't tear up a bit in '92. For me was more than just the greatest basketball game ever played that we also happened to lose on a last-(2)second heartbreaker. That whole tourney run was a bit of a Rennaissance for me and my fiancée at the time, who had introduced me to UK basketball a few years earlier and was the reason I went to school there. Mashburn was also trying to meet me in those days. Everything was so super tied up together for me. It was a hard loss to take. Where my nick came from, that and losing the girl same year.

I also came pretty close seeing Chuck Hayes crying on the floor.

Other than those two, a little bummed and occasionally a little pissed at the refs is the worst I get. I feel bad for the team but I'm generally too proud of them to want to cry.

No. Never. However, I have never gotten over the loss to WVU in 2010. That cast of characters rejuvenated my interest and pride in UK basketball. Those kids deserved better than a Elite Eight finish.

Yes after the 2009 elite eight loss to West Virginia. I was so excited about getting back in the final four and hopeful for a title, man was that a tough way to go out. In hindsight I think my fandom was out of control with Kentucky being way to important, but still I shed some tears. Couldn’t see it happening again. Age has brought perspective that sports, although entertaining and enjoyable, just aren’t that important within the big picture of life. Having said that I still love UK and enjoy following the team and watching when I am able.

I once almost did after being hit by a semi head on and having both legs amputated afterwards without being sedated or taking any pain meds.

UCLA 1975 national championship game. I was there, a freshman in the UK Pep Band and I was devastated.

Only other time I was reeeeaaalllly upset was the 2005 loss to Michigan State. I wanted so badly for Tubby Smith to get to another Final Four and I really wanted Chuck Hayes to get to play in one. I still think Patrick Sparks was fouled on that shot and would have made the free throw and won it in regulation. :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

When I was a kid I cried after the 99 E8 loss. I had started my fandom with 3 straight title games, I just kinda thought that was the norm lol.

I bet you cried over a girl! Don’t lie admit it.
The way he acts, he’s most likely cried over a guy.

For some reason the WVU loss in 2010 got to me. I guess since we were back and it just felt like it was actually going to happen and we were destined to win a title. I wasn’t expecting it and it was rough.

2014 title game I sat just staring at the tv when it was apparent that we were going to lose. Didn’t cry.

The next year, 2015, that Wisconsin game crushed me. Pretty sure I shed a few tears that night and then was depressed and avoided any sports on tv and radio for a month.

Since then I’ve taken losses easier and easier, especially in the tournament. I’ve come to expect them now.

Absolutely not. Huge fan but can walk away from a loss. I get angry but my emotions are not so wrapped up in a sport that I cry.

I cried when I lost my dad, and my grandmothers, and some cats and dogs I've had die, or had to put down. I get pissed when we loose. I've got a working pair.

I was around 25 during the 92 game , remember setting in my moms driveway , was home from college , and a detail no one has mentioned , it was Cawood's last game as well . Don't remember like sobbing or weeping but might have got sometime in my eye about that time causing a tear to two .

Reactions: TeoJ

For some reason the WVU loss in 2010 got to me. I guess since we were back and it just felt like it was actually going to happen and we were destined to win a title. I wasn’t expecting it and it was rough.

2014 title game I sat just staring at the tv when it was apparent that we were going to lose. Didn’t cry.

The next year, 2015, that Wisconsin game crushed me. Pretty sure I shed a few tears that night and then was depressed and avoided any sports on tv and radio for a month.

Since then I’ve taken losses easier and easier, especially in the tournament. I’ve come to expect them now.
You cry over college basketball games dude....id say you are the homosexual out of the two of us. I've done two tours of combat and didnt cry once while there so I can assure you, you are the homo bud for crying over boys putting a ball in a hoop. Zoloft is good for depression...keep that in mind the next time you get depressed over UK losing. OYou need to get your perception of what is important in life in check.

1986 elite 8 LSU game. I can still see that goofy Ricky Blanton.
1992 I just sit staring at TV forever in disbelief.
I got really sad though when I knew I would never again hear Cawood call a game.

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
After the Wisconsin loss. Wanted them to win that title so bad. Should've gone 40-0.

Reactions: Mike-D

Damn you are pathetic. Grow up.

Hmm.

After the 92 loss for sure. I was 9 and I loved Cawood. And I knew it was his last game. It hurt. That roller coaster of seconds was too much.

Outside of that, I did get misty eyed seeing Fox and Bam so upset after the UNC loss. As I mentioned else where, I had just kind of bonded with them in late February and I wasn’t ready to say goodbye to them either. Plus, that coupled with the absolute screw job of they 1st half was enough for me to get a little watery. I was more sad for them than upset as a fan.

The Whisky loss? No tears. But many a word I shan’t repeat were said though. Not to mention I broke a remote and scarred up a wall in the den. I was more angry then dead inside than sad. That game honestly broke me as a fan. Now, I’m much more relaxed in toruney games and late season matchups.

I ain't too proud to say I have ... twice.

First time was in 1992 when we lost to Duke in the NCAA regional final. Cried like a baby after getting over the shock.

I also shed a couple of tears when we lost to Arizona in the 1997 championship game.

There's more than a hint of instability when a fan cries over the loss of a basketball game. Now I'm assuming there was no large wager on the game.

I cried when i THOUGHT we were gonna lose to Duke... down 17.

I didn’t cry but i was pretty upset after the title game loss to UConn .
I was VERY upset after the Wisconsin loss- haven’t been the same with sports since lol

ADVERTISEMENT