ADVERTISEMENT

Have you ever cried after a loss?

Nov 11, 2017
I ain't too proud to say I have ... twice.

First time was in 1992 when we lost to Duke in the NCAA regional final. Cried like a baby after getting over the shock.

I also shed a couple of tears when we lost to Arizona in the 1997 championship game.

First time was in 1992 when we lost to Duke in the NCAA regional final. Cried like a baby after getting over the shock.

I also shed a couple of tears when we lost to Arizona in the 1997 championship game.

Almost in 92.:cry:

No, I only cry when an athlete get severely hurt. Ryan Shazier obviously not able to feel his legs made me cry.

Reactions: GLR5555
I get a little upset at the big losses that we should have won / 92 Duke, Arizona, Wisconsin, UNC. Never cried. I really have little emotion. I'm a robot.

Only once. March 28, 1992. Day before my 27th birthday. Just overwhelmed with a sense of unfairness. The Duke snobs moving on. The Unforgettables dream coming up short. Funny thing is, everyone, even non college basketball fans, remember the Duke-Kentucky game. Only fans of the sport remember who they beat in the Final Four.

I've never cried, but I've gotten super pissed on more than a few occasions.

Never cried out loud after the big losses. Either shut down or got very angry. I'm still somewhat angry about that loss to UNCheat.

Reactions: btownblue
Never. Basketball is a game in the grand scheme of things. Getting angry, on the other hand..

Usually, the response is anger but in 92 I was even more sad than pissed and yeah I had some tears.

Tears of joy came in 96 though.

@Nooneputsbabyinacorner ?
giphy.gif

lol...seriously...no. Not even close, never. I cried when my grandpa died and when my dog was put to sleep. Never ever for sports. Man, some of you guys are just ate up. damn

Reactions: 65pacecar
Cried when we lost the title in 97. Me and my father stayed home from school and work. But I was like 11.

No. As much as I love this stuff I keep it in the proper perspective. Much more important things in life.
Amen brother....i mean I just can't even believe grown men actually do this. I could maybe see a little boy but I'd have a long talk with my son if he did that and put it into perspective. I can see guys who are playing their hearts out but not grown men whom are just fans. id laugh my ass off at you

lol. im literally screen shotting some of this thread and sending it to my buddies. lol. So many Pu%$ies on here. I almost feel like some of you are joking.

are you?

lol. im literally screen shotting some of this thread and sending it to my buddies. lol. So many Pu%$ies on here. I almost feel like some of you are joking.

are you?
I bet you cried over a girl! Don’t lie admit it.

Reactions: tluck88
I bet you cried over a girl! Don’t lie admit it.
lol not that I can remember. I've had one real girlfriend other than my wife and I left her. like I said, I have cried over my grandpa and my dog as a grown man and probably.numerous times as a little boy. I remember losing the city championship in baseball and toy bowl in football.

lol grown men crying over some kids playing basketball. think about that. I'm literally dying of laughter. lol

Reactions: _Rooster

are you?
yeah maybe we follow too closely. nice dead bird in your avatar mocking a rival. :confused:

lol not that I can remember. I've had one real girlfriend other than my wife and I left her. like I said, I have cried over my grandpa and my dog as a grown man and probably.numerous times as a little boy. I remember losing the city championship in baseball and toy bowl in football.

lol grown men crying over some kids playing basketball. think about that. I'm literally dying of laughter. lol
Never cried over a loss. It O have shed tears of joy over an incredible win like the Lake Placid hockey win over the Soviets

Reactions: tluck88
1992 no weeping from me but the folks I was watching it with well half the room wept like babies. 2015 I tested up a bit bc of the severity of that loss.

Havent cried over a loss since I was a kid............ I did however cry when Cal came to UK and again when we won the 2012 title........ I mean my eyes watered a bit.

When it comes to losses....... I get my emotions out by fantasizing of using enemies as punching bags.... its so much better than crying

Reactions: Dirk2Bowie
My eyes got watery but not full out crying. I'll have tears of joy too over something big. I'm going to ball like a baby the next time win the NCAA Tournament. Wisconsin loss, DOOK '92, both UCONN losses and last year when Maye hit the shot for UNC. Tears of joy came after nearly one of those clutch games and Aaron Harrison 3's in the '14 Tourney run.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKCATSFREAK
ADVERTISEMENT