ADVERTISEMENT

Have you been in a fist fight? When was your last fist fight?

I remember my dad and uncles getting in fights with regularity. No police, no jail, just handling business like men. Those were the days. Where I'm from, we would fight just to have something to do.
In Nonesuch, Kentucky it was farm work, ball, fishing, and fighting. I've been in more fist fights with my best friend from my youth than probably all the fights I got into during college and since combined. We'd beat the hell out of each other on a Thursday, then go fishing together all day Friday like nothing happens.

And being 6'5" 300 does keep the morons away.

Some of these stories seem too crazy to be true, but since I’m about to share one that also falls into that category, I won’t doubt them.

I assume some of you fine people are familiar with Asheville, specifically the little park downtown where all the really well adjusted and successful people get high every night and beat haphazardly and without any rhythm on their Tom toms, bongos and whatnot. It’s quite a spectacle and a good snapshot of how sad the human condition can sometimes be.

Well about 10-15 years or so ago, I was in Asheville for a night with my family on the way to the beach. A couple of these winners decided to harass my wife and daughter as we walked by and were watching them. I advised them to kindly quiet down. Both of these were little white dudes in their 20s or 30s, one and maybe both had dreadlocks. So the one then jumps up on the others shoulders (very efficiently, I might add, they had either done this before or were out of work circus performers)and they amble over to me and the one on top takes a swing at me and misses. I laughed at the absurdity of that and kept walking. What happened next is what lit the tinderbox. They went over and took a swing at my wife and grazed her on the shoulder. I went over and hit the guy on the bottom with a fairly decent shot to the head.....not flush but good enough...and he went down to the sidewalk taking his idiot friend on top with him in the tumble. They both got up and scampered off. And this happened right out in public. And as I turned back to my wife after all this I see people outside at restaurants have their phones out, some of them were filiming the whole thing.

Last time was eighth grade, fought a 11th grader because I pulled a mamas joke on him during a heated basketball game at our local park.. Lol He was about a foot taller than me. He only hit me on the top of the head and I busted his nose, lip and he had to get about 6 stitches in his eye brow area.. lol Difference was, I trained to box since 5 years old and he did not! 😂

In Nonesuch, Kentucky it was farm work, ball, fishing, and fighting. I've been in more fist fights with my best friend from my youth than probably all the fights I got into during college and since combined. We'd beat the hell out of each other on a Thursday, then go fishing together all day Friday like nothing happens.

And being 6'5" 300 does keep the morons away.
Greater Bardstown area for me. You listed all of our activities. Field parties are where we really cut loose.

Reactions: 80 Proof
The tailgate next to ours was a bunch of college kids. We were fresh out of college at the time and partying just as hard. Right before the game a huge cloudburst let loose and everyone from both tailgates piled under our tent, no issues.

As soon as the rain cleared, we all started packing everything up when a couple of dudes from the next tailgate over started scraping with eath other. None of is cared until they started throwing each other up against Anthony's Yukon, at which point he tried to direct them away. One of their other friends saw this and sucker punched Anth which caused an all out brawl. Probably about 30 people just going at it in the mud.

As the chaos unfolds, we hear someone shout "who hit the girl?" Which essentially stopped everyone in their tracks as she stood there crying. I figured the fight was over so I started to walk away, at which point I get sucker punched from behind. I turn around at full tilt only to realize it is this chick that had already been hit, so I draw up and avoid jacking her jaw.

I proceeded to call her every dirty name I could think of. She drew back to hit me again and I told to go for it but I'd hit back this time. Some dude pipes up not to talk to his girlfriend that way, and then took off like Carl Lewis when I said "your going to get the ass whipping she deserves".

This girl accused me of hitting her at first, but then multiple bystanders pointed out the she actually caught an elbow from her boyfriend as she was trying to hit whoever he was brawling with.

Last time I was actually in a fist fight.
Youth. Wasted on the young.

That's the same year I shut down a LSU fan talking trash in the lobby of the Hyatt the night before the game.

No punches. No pushing. Just me telling him that I wish Katrina would have gotten one more.
Who punched the LSU Cow guy after the awful 2002 LSU game?

When I was younger I was working in NYC as a cooler when a buddy hooked me up with this bar owner from Missouri. This guy was willing to pay top dollar so I figured I'd spend a few months in the sticks getting his bar in order before heading back to the city. While I was there I lived in an actual barn, so I was saving a shit ton on NYC rent. This place was basically like Mayberry, except there were some local pricks causing lots of trouble for my boss.

I had a staff that worked for me so I didn't have to fight every night, but there was a period of time it got bad enough where I had to call in a buddy from out of town to help me handle these clowns that were trying to extort some local business owners (unreal, it was like the hillbilly mob, I shit you not).

The worst fight of the entire time was probably when this guy who knew karate decided he was the toughest guy around. We fought for probably 15 minutes before he pulled a gun on me. I tried to grab the gun but I was so hyped up I accidentally grabbed his throat and ripped it out. Police said it was self-defense so I didn't get charged. Waxed a smoking hot doctor while I lived down there, so it was all worth it.

When I was younger I was working in NYC as a cooler when a buddy hooked me up with this bar owner from Missouri. This guy was willing to pay top dollar so I figured I'd spend a few months in the sticks getting his bar in order before heading back to the city. While I was there I lived in an actual barn, so I was saving a shit ton on NYC rent. This place was basically like Mayberry, except there were some local pricks causing lots of trouble for my boss.

I had a staff that worked for me so I didn't have to fight every night, but there was a period of time it got bad enough where I had to call in a buddy from out of town to help me handle these clowns that were trying to extort some local business owners (unreal, it was like the hillbilly mob, I shit you not).

The worst fight of the entire time was probably when this guy who knew karate decided he was the toughest guy around. We fought for probably 15 minutes before he pulled a gun on me. I tried to grab the gun but I was so hyped up I accidentally grabbed his throat and ripped it out. Police said it was self-defense so I didn't get charged. Waxed a smoking hot doctor while I lived down there, so it was all worth it.
Absolutely the best answer in this thread....lol

Had a keg party at apartment near Commonwealth Stadium about 15 years ago. My roommate at the time was an untrustable hustler. The kind of guy who could talk his way out of anything. If not for growing up with the guy, we’d never have been friends. He’s now a recovering drug addict, but I digress.

The party started winding down when roommate decided he’d take the keg he didn’t pay for to a party down the street. I caught him in the act of walking out the door.

So I chased him down the stairwell and as I’m running out I grab the fire extinguisher. Just as he exited the door, I catch up to him and I fire it off.

Now, to that point in my life, I had honestly never sprayed a fire extinguisher but what I didn’t know is that it pretty much depletes all oxygen. So, next thing you know, we are both on the ground, covered in fire retardant and coughing.

I’ll never forget the look on his face. Looked like a ghost with two red eyes staring right at me. He sat there coughing in shock.

So, I simply took the keg back inside and resumed party with friends as he recovered.

Game won I thought. An excellent college fight story, completely non sensical and random. One day we’d laugh about it.

Except that as I’m sitting in the living room laughing with friends, roommate re-enters room with a frying pan. He then proceeds to charge at me with the frying pan, hits me over the head, cuts my head wide open, leading me to tackle him, get a few punches in and bleed all over his face.

Next thing you know, I’m in the emergency room getting stitches. I told them I fell down the steps.

Roommate and I finished off the keg the following night. But yeah, that’s the last fight I was in.

Reactions: Catman100
My last fight was literally 50 years ago in a UK flag football game. Both teams went at it, like 30-40 guys. I was laughing my aSs off till I got grabbed by one guy & hit in the jaw.

Had a keg party at apartment near Commonwealth Stadium about 15 years ago. My roommate at the time was an untrustable hustler. The kind of guy who could talk his way out of anything. If not for growing up with the guy, we’d never have been friends. He’s now a recovering drug addict, but I digress.

The party started winding down when roommate decided he’d take the keg he didn’t pay for to a party down the street. I caught him in the act of walking out the door.

So I chased him down the stairwell and as I’m running out I grab the fire extinguisher. Just as he exited the door, I catch up to him and I fire it off.

Now, to that point in my life, I had honestly never sprayed a fire extinguisher but what I didn’t know is that it pretty much depletes all oxygen. So, next thing you know, we are both on the ground, covered in fire retardant and coughing.

I’ll never forget the look on his face. Looked like a ghost with two red eyes staring right at me. He sat there coughing in shock.

So, I simply took the keg back inside and resumed party with friends as he recovered.

Game won I thought. An excellent college fight story, completely non sensical and random. One day we’d laugh about it.

Except that as I’m sitting in the living room laughing with friends, roommate re-enters room with a frying pan. He then proceeds to charge at me with the frying pan, hits me over the head, cuts my head wide open, leading me to tackle him, get a few punches in and bleed all over his face.

Next thing you know, I’m in the emergency room getting stitches. I told them I fell down the steps.

Roommate and I finished off the keg the following night. But yeah, that’s the last fight I was in.

Top story of the thread so far!!!

Reactions: bkingUK

Really? My mom was a hot doctor from a small town in Missouri. She said daddy ran off to New York where he was from, so I never met him. She said he never paid child support. Are you my long lost daddy? Did you ever bite off part of anybody's ear?

My uncle Red owned an auto supply store in a small town like that in Missouri. Some dipstick burned it down though. They finally found the dipstick dead, supposedly attacked by a stuffed bear with a shotgun. Must be in the water there.

Reactions: _Chase_
My name is Mr. Obvious, I may be wrong, but a couple of these stories sound just like the movie Roadhouse. May just be me, I don't know.

These are all entertaining tales but after nearly a decade working in a maximum security federal penitentiary, I’m pretty meh when it comes to fights. Obviously we have to react at work but if one broke out at a bar or in public next to me, I’d probably be like those guys you see in videos eating their sandwich while chaos ensues. I’ve seen some good ones but most are generally 2 on 1 fights where one comes up and smacks the other upside the head with a lock on a belt and both then start kicking or punching the guy until we break it up. There have been some with knives that ended with fatalities but for the most part it’s just simple “policing their own” where we say “hey stop fighting you bunch of dumbasses” and they comply.

i wish you worked in the Supermax in Florence Co. would love to hear inmate stories in there although i doubt they see each other

Did you rip out the throat or the gun? Because the last noun you mention before saying it was throat lol

i wish you worked in the Supermax in Florence Co. would love to hear inmate stories in there although i doubt they see each other

Probably not as many stories out there where it's one giant SHU and they're confined. I'm sure the thugs there have some good stories though. Lot of real doozies locked up in there.

There seems to be a lot of sucker punch stories. I too have one of a dude reaching in through my truck window to sucker punch me back about 30 years ago. His ex gf was climbing in my truck to cruise around town and I had turned to move a jacket for her to get in. The next thing I know he had slipped up beside my truck and sucker punched me through my window which was down. I exited the truck with every intention to pummel that punk into a bloody mess but she begged me to get back in.

My last fist fight doesn’t really count because it was during a football game and we were both in full gear 😀

That was a long time ago. Truth is I don’t like fighting. I don’t want to hit anyone and I don’t want anyone hitting me. I’m a peaceful person.

Reactions: CatGotMyTongue
My last fist fight doesn’t really count because it was during a football game and we were both in full gear 😀

That was a long time ago. Truth is I don’t like fighting. I don’t want to hit anyone and I don’t want anyone hitting me. I’m a peaceful person.
“A lover..not a fighter”

One thing I always enjoyed was putting on the boxing gloves and sparring with friends.
Total punches thrown:1,300. Landed? 3.

One thing I always enjoyed was putting on the boxing gloves and sparring with friends.
Total punches thrown:1,300. Landed? 3.

We used to box to get in shape for football. I ended up knocking a friend of mine out, and he lost his vision for a short period of time. No thanks, don't ever want to do that again. I'm a 6'-3" southpaw with a (used to be) ferocious left hook.

Like I said - I don't want to hurt anyone - not "back in the day" and certainly not today at 50 years old.

I once broke my hand on a dudes face during a bar fight when I was in the Air Force. It turned into a brawl and several of my buddies and me got sent to jail because we wouldn’t shut up. Our first sergeant was not amused when he came to get us, and I wasn’t given any sedative when they put my boxer’s fracture back in place the next day. I spent 12 weeks in a cast...got a letter of reprimand...can still tell you when it will rain based on my left hand.

A buddy and I had just got off the midnight shift and were sitting in our hooch drinking a few beers before going to sleep. We heard a commotion at the other end of the hooch. Somebody was looking for someone and he was cussing up a storm. As he worked his way down the hooch, he got louder and louder. The whole hooch had just got off the midnight shift, so I was wondering why no one had confronted the guy. I decided that if he kept it up till he got to our section I would tell him how his social skills could use some work. Sure enough he pulled back the blanket that we used as a door and screamed a string of cusswords at us. He was as big as Arnold Schwarznegger and was covered in blood. Being the gentleman I am and discretion being the better part of valor, I decided the poor soul had been through enough (or maybe I just didn't want to fight a rabid grizzly bear at the time), so I kept quiet and he went on to the next room. We found out later that he had rounded the corner of a building and some guy had used a 2 by 4 on his face. He was looking for the culprit.

what planet was this?

ADVERTISEMENT